The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEVERWINTER Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74

+5
Sedgendary
Colne Crusader
Ackter
Kev Lar 1
LethalThreat74
9 posters

Go down

NEVERWINTER  Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74 Empty NEVERWINTER Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74

Post  LethalThreat74 Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:18 pm

NEVERWINTER REVIEW (XBOX ONE)
NEVERWINTER  Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74 Neverw10

Neverwinter is a free to play MMO bought to us from the good folk at Cryptic Studios, released on Xbox One available on March 31st as a free download to all Xbox owners with a Gold Subscription. The Xbox version of the game includes all base game content and playable classes previously available on the PC version. Also included in game is the Tyranny of Dragons expansion pack.

NEVERWINTER  Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74 Buffed10

GAMEPLAY
To start with you head to the character creation menus to choose character class, race and background here you'll find an awesome array of customisable menus everything from face scars to foot size and length. Once you've created your character its time to get going and right from the off Neverwinter wastes no time in getting you into the action. There's no huge task bar with hundreds of functions all controls and actions have been neatly mapped on to the Xbox controller. Having said that don't expect to pick up the controller and automatically be at ease with the controls system and menus instantly.

There are is a small learning curve before you become confident in game, this is a complex game with alot going on and overall Cryptic have done a great job. Once you've got to grips with the control systems its on to levelling up and this in my opinion is where Neverwinter really gets you hooked theres so much content and character progression to unlock, There's Feats, Powers, Boons, Artifacts Enchantments and even Professions.

The only concern I had before playing Neverwinter was the whole Pay to Win concept. People pay with real money to purchase in game goods to progress and leave the rest of us peasants in the dirt wishing we were less of a scrooge who would by that Rage Drake we always wanted. Neverwinter gets around this in the form of an auction house players can sell their goods. Also there are several forms of currency in game with which in time will get you all the things you desire from various merchants.

VIDEO REVIEW

VISUALS
Visually speaking Neverwinter does a pretty decent job throughought most of the game. The Environment and Characters are all atmospheric and for the most part textures are pretty good. I did notice that in certain parts of the game the frame rate dropped more compared to other areas of the game. The Fable-esque graphics do enough for me not to have any real issue, however from a next gen point of view it would have been nice to have seen a more interactive and less static environment.
The main area that Neverwinter really excels in is the character creation there are such a vast array of options available to you that insures your character can really be unique.

AUDIO
Sound effects in game are very well done everything from the clash of sword on sword to the dying screams of the hideous beast you just slayed. It all combines well to give you that immersive experience all gaming fans desire. The soundtrack is simply epic and the in game music does well to support the game without overpowering any of the other aspects. In game character voices whilst being many and varied seem to lack a little personality and charisma.

SUMMARY
So overall Neverwinter has really impressed me the only negative I would say is the amount of currencies. Surely two currencies would have sufficed, one in game and one for people who have nothing better to spend their cash on. However we do have to take into account that nothing is ever free in this world and as yet my progress hasn't been hindered in game and my wallet has remained closed.
So with that in mind I am going to score Neverwinter a 9 out of 10.
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4614

Back to top Go down

NEVERWINTER  Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74 Empty Re: NEVERWINTER Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74

Post  Kev Lar 1 Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:38 pm

Great review mate. Looks like a good game.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9451

Back to top Go down

NEVERWINTER  Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74 Empty Re: NEVERWINTER Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74

Post  LethalThreat74 Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:29 am

Thanks Kev appreciate it, the game is super addictive.
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Ackter Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:54 am

Yeah, I'm completely hooked.
Ackter
Ackter
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ackter
Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2015-02-23
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 4543

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:05 am

Well written that lethal. I enjoyed the read. Could you tell me about the actual combat mechanic though? I was wondering how the actual combat was. Have been toying with downloading this but don't know whether I dare as I don't get much time to actually play online.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13364

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedgendary Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:38 am

Colne Crusader wrote:Well written that lethal. I enjoyed the read. Could you tell me about the actual combat mechanic though? I was wondering how the actual combat was. Have been toying with downloading this but don't know whether I dare as I don't get much time to actually play online.
The combat is similar to games like Dragon Age and Diablo 3, you point you character and hold down the base attack while throwing in some specials with the other buttons. You also have class based abilities like dodge, shield or stealth criticals which you have to employ to maximise your chances in the battle.

Really getting into this, last night was epic with myself Ackter, Kent and Leathal taking on a dragon with around 10 or so others.
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5229

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:17 pm

Good work mate.

This is a great game everyone should play!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13824
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25611

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:40 pm

May look to download and try seeing as it's free.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:45 pm

KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13824
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25611

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:21 pm

Just started this and go to level 9 and really enjoying it.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  LethalThreat74 Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:11 am

Kev Lar 1 wrote:Just started this and go to level 9 and really enjoying it.
you'll have to come dragon hunting with us mate
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:58 pm

Will look forward to it.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:57 am

Nice review. This game is fun and addictive. My character is level 49. Shame you only got two character slots. More than happy to play a new character. Don't know I want to be a healer or a wizard. Killed a dragon in one of the skirmish.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6407

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:55 pm

Nice review mate, must download this, especially as it's free
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7154

Back to top Go down

Post  gambler6464 Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:13 pm

great review mate its an awesome game.
gambler6464
gambler6464
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : gambler6464
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2010-09-07
TGD Reputation : 21
TGD Elite Member Points : 6161

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down