The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spectra (Xbox One) reviewed by LethalThreat74

4 posters

Go down

Spectra (Xbox One) reviewed by LethalThreat74 Empty Spectra (Xbox One) reviewed by LethalThreat74

Post  LethalThreat74 Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Spectra (Xbox One) reviewed by LethalThreat74 Xboxon10

SPECTRA
Format : XBOX ONE
Developer : GATEWAY INTERACTIVE
Released : JULY 10, 2015
Price : £5.99

As I launched Spectra for the first time the main menu appeared and an adrenaline fuelled retro soundtrack thumped out of the speakers assaulting my ears. My first response was to reach for my remote and hit the volume + button. Looking down at the bottom of the screen the obligatory "insert coins" title was there. This was enough to fill my head with visions of my eight year old self, standing in my regular seaside arcade staring in wonder at all the latest arcade machines, pockets full of change, heart full of excitement and face full of smiles. Enough reminiscing lets get back to the review.

Spectra is an 8-bit space racer styled game, simplistic in its control system with solid retro looking gameplay. Right from the off your spaceship his hurtling through space on a narrow winding track your aim is simple, stay on track!. Not as easy as it sounds as there are randomly placed blocks dotted along the track. Hitting the blocks causes them to explode but will also knock you off course and possibly off the track entirely causing the race to end, steer your ship close enough to the blocks and you get some nice points bonus but its risky business.

Spectra (Xbox One) reviewed by LethalThreat74 Xboxon11

Points are also earned by picking up smaller collectable blocks and getting big air bonuses. There are also some speed boosts to help you string some of those bonuses together, be warned though more speed equals less handling.

In total there are ten individual tracks to unlock and race, each with its own awesome soundtrack. With each track raceable on two different difficulty levels you're going to be racing twenty tracks.

Spectra (Xbox One) reviewed by LethalThreat74 Spectr10

In game controls consist of simply steering your ship left and right, having said that the control of the ship feels solid and intuitive. Making Spectra instantly playable and enjoyable to all levels of gamer. Playing Spectra bought to mind playing a SNES game called F-zero, unfortunately though Spectra doesn't have the option to compete against either AI or friends. An option to add the ghost of a friends fastest lap would of added a whole new dimension and longevity to the game.

Visually Spectra does the business, Its retro styling's are polished and well done, the audio in game is awesome and gameplay is responsive, fast paced and challenging enough for the average gamer (like myself). The only negative thing I could say about Spectra is the games longevity, it is an easy game to pick up and thoroughly enjoyable, however the lack of multiplayer or online play won't have you revisiting after all the achievements are done. With that in mind it's not an easy 1000g for your average gamer, also Spectra is very reasonably priced and not by any means a full priced release.

With this in mind Spectra is a solid game at a good price that will bring back some great memories and nostalgia, Therefore I award Spectra a SPACETASTIC ! 8 out of 10.
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4627

Back to top Go down

Spectra (Xbox One) reviewed by LethalThreat74 Empty Re: Spectra (Xbox One) reviewed by LethalThreat74

Post  KENT HAMMER Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Good review mate!

Looks like a must buy at that price
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25625

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Spectra (Xbox One) reviewed by LethalThreat74 Empty Re: Spectra (Xbox One) reviewed by LethalThreat74

Post  Colne Crusader Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:28 pm

Well done mate. Nicely written. Wouldn't mind a blast of this for that price.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13377

Back to top Go down

Post  LethalThreat74 Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Yeah to be honest its a good buy at the right price. Thanks guys.
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4627

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:42 pm

Currently has a glitches achievement it seems.

92 people on TA have the cheev for acquiring all cheevs but there's one cheev that nobody has due to it not popping despite meeting the criteria.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13377

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:56 pm

Nice review mate.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13295

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum