The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSA Windows Phone Update - 30/11/11 - 6/12/11

4 posters

Go down

GSA Windows Phone Update - 30/11/11 - 6/12/11 Empty GSA Windows Phone Update - 30/11/11 - 6/12/11

Post  Tenlo Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:35 am

So its time for more WP7 news and stuff. This week, two new releases, a DOTW, some handy info for emote fans and some basic coverage of the integration of Facebook and Twitter into your phone.

First up a double dose of new releases. First up is Shuffle Party which has already been posted about by Gambler6464 (the thread can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) so I won't go into too much detail. Importantly its free and so has 50GS attached and involves various puck throwing modes. Next up is the retail release of Ghostscape for £2.29. Essentially a port of the flash game of the same name with a few added extras, it may not be the prettiest of games but it is a very easy 200GS (especially if you use the walkthrough), so I'll be adding it up on the Easy WP7 games list soon.

Shuffle Party

Shuffle Party brings the classic table game to Windows Phone with a twist. Knock down spares and strikes in Bowling Mode with easy to use touch controls. Perfect your skill shot in a series of puzzles in the exciting new Challenge Mode! Earn cash for your high scores to spend on custom pucks, pins and tables. Play traditional shuffleboard solo or get your friends in on the action with pass and play multiplayer. Your Avatar can even join the fun as you unlock Achievements for your Xbox LIVE account. Shuffle Party will bowl you over.

Ghostscape

Investigate this haunted house to find out what happened to the people who lived and died here. Discover ancient occult artefacts, evidence of sacred rituals and photograph the ghosts in action if you can. Explore this place, discover its secrets and try to escape with the evidence...alive!

This week's DOTW is Geodefense for £1.49. I'm sure we've covered this one in a previous update but just to recap its a tower defense game in a similar graphic style to Geometry Wars, so expect lots of stunning colours and visuals. Working from the TA data, it looks like a relativelt easy 200GS too as it has an almost 50% completion rate.

Geodefense

Something exciting and new in the Tower Defense genre! The geometric vector creeps are fast and intense. With 30 different maps, each its own puzzle, you'll have to work fast to keep up.

Using exciting vectorized graphics, this highly kinetic game brings a whole new dimension to the tower defense genre. Devastate creeps with blasters, lasers and missiles and watch their energy debris swirl through the gravity wells of your vortex towers. Now it's time to figure out how to put that absorbed energy to good use...

With the ability to compete for the high score with friends on the leaderboards and exclusive Xbox LIVE achievements, this is a tower defense game like no other!

Now we all know about the usual emotes available on your phone like sad face and happy face, well how about groucho face, ninja face and punk face! Yep you have all this rather awesome emotes for your phone (plus more to be revealed). I assume they will only be transferable between WP7 phones but its still pretty cool. Below is the released list so far of the emotes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And so we come to the WP7 tips and tricks section and this week its all about your Facebook and Twitter integration. First up ake sure you have synched both accounts into your phone via the Settings---->email+accounts menus. If you haven't just click add an account select the account type and fill in your details.

The first thing you'll probably notice is your People section is suddenly a lot larger. This has been a feature of WP7 for awhile but all the info from your friends Facebook pages regarding DOB, telephone etc. is updated into your People section which also allows you a quick and easy viewing of everything a particular person has posting recently. One small thing if you have someones number under a different name you will have to link the two together. It's simple enough to do just select the persons number and click the little chain below and select their facebook addition. New to Mango is the ability to skim through their photos on facebook too. This can be done either through the People section or the Pictures section too.

But there is more to be found as well. In your Me tile, you can now check all your accounts in one place to see whats been going on and you can also post direct to Facebook or Twitter or both with your news. All notifications will also be found in this section and will be shown on your menu screen when your Me tile states new items.

And finally is your Windows messenger and Facebook chat integration. In the Messaging tile, if you scroll along there is a new section entitled Online. This shows all the people who are currently available to chat with on both Facebook and Messenger so there is no need for separate apps anymore. Best of all if you have all their contact info, if they have to go offline for whatever reason you can just quickly switch your chat to SMS and continue the conversation straight away and vice versa.

I think that's pretty much everything about the integration covered. I'm starting to run out of new info about the Mango update so this may be the last one for awhile but any tips and tricks I come across I'll add on as they come to me. But till then that's all this week, enjoy!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11944

Back to top Go down

GSA Windows Phone Update - 30/11/11 - 6/12/11 Empty Re: GSA Windows Phone Update - 30/11/11 - 6/12/11

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:00 am

Geodefense is very easy, especially if you follow the various guides online. They're made for the iOS version, but it's pretty much identical to the WP7 game. Doable in a couple of hours.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11095

Back to top Go down

GSA Windows Phone Update - 30/11/11 - 6/12/11 Empty Re: GSA Windows Phone Update - 30/11/11 - 6/12/11

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:58 pm

I flumping love geodefense!!!

My fave phone game yet.

No guides for me as I never want it too end!!

Going to doing a few levels while I drop the kids off now in fact!!

Mr Hanky the Christmas Poo!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25632

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:56 pm

KENT HAMMER wrote:Going to doing a few levels while I drop the kids off now in fact!!

Mr Hanky the Christmas Poo!

totally off subject but this had me laughing for ages Laughing
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10068

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum