The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to approach a backlog of games?!?

+3
Colne Crusader
GrahamOfTheDead
Tenlo
7 posters

Go down

How to approach a backlog of games?!? Empty How to approach a backlog of games?!?

Post  Tenlo Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:09 pm

I have now quite a backlog of games to 100%. Some of these are just a few achievements off, some are not started, some just have one or two achievements to their name. However my girlfriend is starting to bug me about the number of games I have and don't play. So I want to finish these games but I need a plan of action and I can't decide. Do I go for the easiest completions first (not that easy a achoice as most of my games are not easy 1000's, do I go for the ones nearest completions, do I go in alphabetical order, do I give each a number then use a random generator to choose in which order.

So please guys any suggestions are welcome, and the more bizarre the better too!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11947

Back to top Go down

How to approach a backlog of games?!? Empty Re: How to approach a backlog of games?!?

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:14 pm

I'd probably go for the ones you are further on with first. I'd assume they would take less time to finish off and reduce the backlog quicker. If not, pick a couple of easy titles, play those.....then try something more challenging. Alternate between one for you and one for your gamerscore!
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11098

Back to top Go down

How to approach a backlog of games?!? Empty Re: How to approach a backlog of games?!?

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:43 pm

I like to choose a little pool of 3 or 4 to work on. Then you can change game if you get bored without deviating too much from the plan. I'm trying to finish some drivel whore games at the moment that I bought for the scoring comp some months back and it's driving me nuts. I'm finding some of them to be a lot more time consuming than guides suggest, mainly because poo design and glitches mean you have to repeat some sections over and over or you don't know what the hell is going on half the time. Then there are the ridiculous difficulty spikes or sections that are insanely difficult due to the controls being shite or the rules of the game changing!! Never again will I buy a so called easy whorer. I found the last section of Jumper more difficult than Modern Warfare on Veteran, and 15 times more frustrating due to the controls.

So i'm hoping to finish off all my drivel and then afterwards go for a few admirable completions. The plan will probably change though knowing me!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:56 pm

I'd also take a look at the ones near to completion first, and see how easy or grindy they are gonna be to finish. I would certainly alternate between grindy cheevs and easy ones though.

Maybe set a target that for every couple of old games finished, you play a new (unplayed) one.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13305

Back to top Go down

Post  gambler6464 Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:07 pm

i would alternate , do one you have not started then do a game thats 1 or 2 achievements off completion
gambler6464
gambler6464
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : gambler6464
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2010-09-07
TGD Reputation : 21
TGD Elite Member Points : 6184

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Tell the missus to mind her own bloody business and play what you like.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stucowie Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:11 am

LOL Rep for that comment Markav, made me laugh out loud!!

I agree with others, although maybe go for some of the harder stuff first and then save the easy ones til last, so then it feels like your on a downhill slope to the finish line
Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stucowie
Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2010-10-27
TGD Reputation : 59
TGD Elite Member Points : 6036

http://gamingbyt-bo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:42 am

aye I'm taking your guys advice, the only downside is easy games for me are games like PSU or actually looking through my list, thats it and thats only as all the cheevs are story related. But I'm startign Marvel Ultimate Alliance now and then prob going onto Dead Space to finish that off. But if you look below you'll see a list of unfinished games and you'll see my conundrum.

Bioshock 2
Shadows of the Damned
Deadly Premonition
Dead Space
The Darkness (MP only)
The Orange Box (Mainly MP)
Lost Planet (potentially both versions, though I'm no sadist)
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Fable 3
Brutal Legend
Duke Nukem Forever
Gears of War 1,2 & 3 (Serious)
Star Ocean
Dragon Age 1 & 2
Child of Eden
Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
FEAR 1 & 2
Kinect Adventures
Final Fantasy XIII
Phantasy Star Universe
Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga
Dead Rising
Bayonetta
Bulletstorm
Your Shape
Enslaved
Infinite Undiscovery
SPlatterhouse
Two Worlds
Halo 3, ODST, Reach and Wars
Tomb Raider Legend
Kinectimals (though just the new DLC)
Ninja Gaiden 2
DEus Ex
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
Resident Evil 4 & 5
LA Noire
Marvel Utlimate Alliance 1 & 2
Fallout 3
Alice: Madness Returns
Last Remnant
Oblivion
Metro 2033
GTA 4
Forza 3
The Sims
Sonic Unleashed
Borderlands
Ninety nine nights

As you can see, the problem with not doing easy 1000's is you end up with lot of unfinished games. It doesn't help that when my Xbox was stolen two years ago i lost a lot of saves and a lot of these games I have to start from scratch again. On the plus side, the only new games coming my way are AC: Revelations in two weeks time and then Skyrim and Batman either for Xmas or January Sales.

I've just realised if I included my XBLA titles too, I'd be here till next week. I think for them I'll do a week of XBLA between titles to try and clear them!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11947

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 am

Looking through the list 2 of the easiest ones in there that i've maxed are,

Fable 3 - Most of the cheevs are easy to get, a couple grindy ones with the weapons etc, i've still got the save on my HDD but not got a copy of the game (might be able to borrow a copy though) I haven't got all the weapons, as i only borrowed the last couple off a random.

LA Noire - follow a guide and most of the game is easy peasy, The drive every car is the worst cheev to get, as it takes ages to find some of the cars
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13305

Back to top Go down

Post  gambler6464 Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:26 am

these are the games that i would finish first
bioshock 2
duke nukem
phantasy star universe -thats if you don't do the dlc
your shape - download gunnars dlc then duck behind a swival chair until the game thinks the chairs is you then jump out the way. Then all you got to do is sit on the couch with a beer and kebab and watch the chair burn calories faster then you could ever do.
tomb raider legend
la noire
borderlands
gambler6464
gambler6464
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : gambler6464
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2010-09-07
TGD Reputation : 21
TGD Elite Member Points : 6184

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:32 am

Oblivion is an easy max but it is time consuming, but it would get you in the mood for Skyrim Very Happy

Personally when I try to get more cheevs I always go for games I have enjoyed, I leave the rubbish ones when possible because they don't hold interest for me and it's not long before I feel like not playing at all for months.

When the GSA comp ran my other tactic was to write down missing cheevs that were easy to mop up and go through games quickly getting the easier cheevs first and leaving the harder ones so I could boost my score faster. List wirting always helps and then you can use a guide to figure out how much time will be needed for each game. Go with the quicker ones first Smile
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14213

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum