The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WRC: World Rally Championship 2 (Updated)

4 posters

Go down

WRC: World Rally Championship 2 (Updated) Empty WRC: World Rally Championship 2 (Updated)

Post  sum1 superior Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:18 am

WRC: World Rally Championship 2 (Updated) Wrc-2-cover
Here we have the sequel to WRC: World Rally Championship... and the difference between the 1st and this newest installment is insane!
The developers Milestone have decided in there wisdom to concentrate on a story/plot style racer, with hiring and firing numerous mechanics, PR staff, Team Leaders, selecting different sponsors to gain more Rep and an R&D department for researching new upgrades which has no bearing on the WRC driving experience as in the real WRC the FIA have set rules and regulations on parts and running equipment!
Now.. you may have noticed i said the difference's between the 1st and this one is insane? Yes, due to the fact that they've ditched the whole driving physics and actual gameplay for bloody story!! I am a HUGE rally fan and so far Dirt 3 has been the most enjoyable on the xbox 360. The FIA licence was wasted here!
Quick run down....

WRC: World Rally Championship 2 (Updated) 9619wr11
Sound: Oh dear!! Imagine if you will a chainsaw and someone rustling a packet of crisps down your mic... thats ALL the engine sounds you get! Even my cat left the room when i stopped accelerating and the crisps sound kicked in, oh and the menu music you'd hear in an elevator if anyones stayed at the Hilton Hotel.. no in game music at all luckily as it would probably be something like country and western or classical!!!

Difficulty: Ive had it on Idiot settings for most and obviously its a walk in the park BUT i will say this... WRC 2 does have one of the biggest customizable option settings ive seen! You can use sliders to decide how much (if any) the cpu will help out on everything from braking to turning or just switch it off, so i cant really rate the difficulty as its each to there own on there preferred driving style. The less aids you have on, the harder it will become. Novices to Rally games will be fine on standard settings.

Achievements: There are 50 achievements in total, 15 achieves in the main game mode "The Road to the WRC" which most if not all will be achieveable with minimal effort, just playing that mode through. 9 achievements require "Single player" mode and again, using the achievement description should be easily obtainable as it describes what you need to do for the said achieve, 9 achieves are solely attainable in Online play, ie... Rank up to level 50, win 10 special stages etc, and the rest are objective based done in any game mode... Roll your car once, Hit a cactus, perform a 35 meter drift.. you get the idea. All of which shouldnt pose much of a problem but im thinking the online stuff will require some good friends!

WRC: World Rally Championship 2 (Updated) 9617wr11

Summary of WRC 2: Graphically similar if not identical to the original and gameplay wise it feels sluggish in turning and not very responsive, there is plenty to do on here if you have the patience, as mentioned The Road to WRC mode along with Rally School and Hot Seat which is upto 4 players on 1 machine taking turns to beat each other and there's 4 online modes to play. I personally found this game very boring to play as sometimes it feels like your turning the map and not the car and there seems to be a massive lack of speed although the speedo claims im doing 100+mph it just doesnt feel like it. Dirt 3 has set the bench mark for recent rally games to follow and this falls far from it. Rally games have come on leaps and bounds since the age of Colin McRae Rally and even the 1st WRC game, Most if not all have been significantly enhansed either via there graphics engine, gameplay, sound or all of the mentioned. WRC 2 doesnt stack up unfortunatly as there's little to no upgrade from the original.

Id rate this 5/10 and thats mainly due to the achieves not being that hard to get. After 1000'ing this you will NOT want to play it again.

Last edited by Tenlo on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:31 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Extended review.. updated)
sum1 superior
sum1 superior
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : sum1 superior
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2011-09-05
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 4760

Back to top Go down

WRC: World Rally Championship 2 (Updated) Empty Re: WRC: World Rally Championship 2 (Updated)

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:07 pm

I like your review mate.

I would like it if you expanded upon it and added some pics and a video then post it up in the official section as a full review with a score.

This is nothing to do with the fact that my review copy arrived today Wink
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

WRC: World Rally Championship 2 (Updated) Empty Re: WRC: World Rally Championship 2 (Updated)

Post  sum1 superior Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:59 pm

It was only ment to be a mini review but it turned out bigger than i expected! Was going to see how it was recieved as i have Sesame Street, Powerup Heros and Spiderman Edge of Time i was going to review... i may expand on the WRC 2 review and add screen shots and a video but i was waiting for some actual relevant comments as i have no idea if this is what the guys n gals on GA are looking for.... if so, i'll continue on, although with this review im not sure how to expand on this as its the same as the 1st game, with very little changes.
sum1 superior
sum1 superior
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:14 am

Just tell it how it is brother.

Then give a score at the end.

We are not a magazine, we want to hear it in your own words.

Have some rep to encourage you!

Also bear in mind the publisher WILL read it too.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamkiller SKX Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Nice review mate - Looks like it will be a bargain bin buy - I will get dirt3 as my next racing purchase after forza 4 me thinks

Dreamkiller SKX
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Dreamkiller SKX
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2011-09-09
TGD Reputation : 4
TGD Elite Member Points : 4783

http://www.ntagameguides.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:39 am

Good first effort mate.

I have now made this official
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:59 am

Good work bro!

Back to top Go down

Post  sum1 superior Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks guys!If you like the way I write, I'm more than happy to have a go at writing more reviews... My work goes quiet from mid november to March so I'll be able to bash out some more for the GA community!
sum1 superior
sum1 superior
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  sum1 superior Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:30 pm

Just to sum up how Dirt 3 if far superior.... WRC 2 is already selling online for £14.99 NEW!!! WOW... i feel for the people who bought this when it 1st came out and didnt get shot of it immediatly.. probably worth a fiver now!!
sum1 superior
sum1 superior
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Your right man, its amazing how quick prices drop.

I am in CEX alot and its a good gauge of what's happening.

Dead Island was one I watched week by week and that was VERY popular.

Initially £38, then £32, £30 and Now £28.

Its like any game is £15 or £10 within 6 months except COD Wink
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:22 pm

i am very much into kents way of thinking at the moment.

its quite ridiculous how much the games drop in price.

Dead island is another one that i am watching at the moment. Another month or so and will be twenty quid Smile
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10070

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down