The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dynasty Warriors is the Citizen Kane of gaming!

+2
minkey_monkey
KENT HAMMER
6 posters

Go down

Dynasty Warriors is the Citizen Kane of gaming! Empty Dynasty Warriors is the Citizen Kane of gaming!

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Very amusing, yet awesome view on Dynasty Warriors.

Really sums up some of you guys uneducated views on the series I love Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Dynasty Warriors is the Citizen Kane of gaming! Empty Re: Dynasty Warriors is the Citizen Kane of gaming!

Post  minkey_monkey Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:36 pm

I wanted to punch that guy before his first min was up... find some one that is less annoying to validate your claims that the DW games are amazing, because I can't watch a whole 6 min vid with his voice offending my ear drums lol.

Or type ot what he said for me... That could work too lol

I think you need to accept that DW isn't for every one lol. I presonally tried one and didn't get on with it. Just as you don't get on with Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

All of the above is said with a smile on my face and is meant to be taken in jest as i'm not well I'm not sure how it will sound or come across and don't mean it to sound mean or bitchy lol... I has brain fog... snot fog... brain not all here there and every where lol

Last edited by minkey_monkey on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14212

Back to top Go down

Dynasty Warriors is the Citizen Kane of gaming! Empty Re: Dynasty Warriors is the Citizen Kane of gaming!

Post  Gabhlan Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:21 pm

hmmm... I always thought that game was a beat em up like street fighter.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8151

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:23 pm

I don't have uneducated views on the Dynasty Warriors series, I played one of the games and I didn't enjoy the experience, so I won't go anywhere near them again.

The guy makes an interesting point in comparing the series to the side-scrolling beat-em ups that I grew up with. Although it has to be said that I don't think I'd want to play Final Fight again, if it took 20+ hours to complete.

The Citizen Kane of gaming? I don't think that's a correct analogy. Citizen Kane was lauded by the critics and hailed as the greatest film of all time, but the general (movie-watching) public don't hold it dear to their hearts. Whereas Dynasty Warriors games are ignored and sometimes hated by critics and the general (games-buying) public alike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:26 pm

I've always quite enjoyed the Dynasty games as a great stress reliever. Smashing hundreds upon hundreds of guys when your in a bad mood is always enjoyable. I have much the same view with Splatterhouse and Duke Nukem. A lot of people don;t liek them but I think they're great stress releivers when your pissed off!!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11946

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:45 pm

I love these things because, as usual, people can't understand the intentional irony, and have just gone crazy with angry and dis-approving comments! Hee Hee! Very Happy I love it!

He makes some good points, and if he loves the games then fair enough.

P.S. Get well soon Minkey!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13386

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:I love these things because, as usual, people can't understand the intentional irony, and have just gone crazy with angry and dis-approving comments! Hee Hee! Very Happy I love it!

He makes some good points, and if he loves the games then fair enough.

Who's being ironic? I certainly don't think Kent's being ironic and the guy on the website wasn't giving me the impression that he didn't mean every word he said.

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:10 pm

You do have to ask yourself though mambo, how can they produce 2 or 3 games a year in the series if people worldwide don't love them?

Its a really well loved series that continues to improve with every addition.

I don't mind that its not for everyone, I just think it deserves a smidge more respect for having such a HUGE and loyal fanbase.

Killing 1000+ soldiers with huge weaponary is always fun for me and the dialogue is the most amusing of any game ever made.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Since when have sales equated to quality? I must've missed that memo. By your argument The Spice Girls are the best singers of the 1990s.

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:32 pm

The Spice Girls??

Everyone know Robson and Jerome and Elton John are the top 2.

Spice Girls are not even in the top ten singles for the 90's

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:39 pm

I was using their combined record sales throughout the 1990s for the purpose of my 'argument' not an individual single.

But to use your example, Dynasty Warriors games are the Robson and Jerome of gaming, sold in their millions and loved by millions, but utter pap to anyone that knows their onions.

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Dynasty Warriors is like Marmite... You either Love it or you Hate it... nuff said Very Happy

Colne Crusader wrote:

Thanks chap, cold and flu caps for the win! lol
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14212

Back to top Go down

Post  Liquid Code Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:05 pm

I still havnt played any of the Dynasty Warriors games. Are they that different from the hack and slash games that are Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, and Ninja Gaiden? If you can explain to me why Dynasty Warriors is better than them 3 games i may consider buying it.
Liquid Code
Liquid Code
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Liquid Code
Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2010-06-30
TGD Reputation : 121
TGD Elite Member Points : 6724

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Some People are Warriors some are not, each to his own.

I am a Warrior. Wink
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Liquid Code wrote:I still havnt played any of the Dynasty Warriors games. Are they that different from the hack and slash games that are Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, and Ninja Gaiden? If you can explain to me why Dynasty Warriors is better than them 3 games i may consider buying it.
I have never played one either, if you like those three games I would recommend castlevania:lords of shadow, a great game that!

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:13 pm

I think he was being Ironic calling it the Citizen Kane of gaming! He's done it to get a reaction. We all know there's no logic to that comparison.

Also, the bit where he called Mario Brothers a button basher and therefore "Shit", is irony but i'm sure some people will bite at that too!!

I wasn't talking about anyone on here being ironic or not getting the irony. I was referring to the comments he has received on the page
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13386

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Everything Kent does, is to get a reaction..
I like my DW games just as much as the next guy.. just as long as they Are DW games, not the spin off piles of crap that they do..
How many copys of Fifa and coD are there out there..? They produce loads of versions but they are just as shit as the last..
Each to Their own

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum