The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer A Good or Bad thing?

5 posters

Go down

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer A Good or Bad thing? Empty Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer A Good or Bad thing?

Post  habitualschizo Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:44 am

Now it's been all but confirmed by this,which I found through Shopto's news page, what are people opinions?
That’s right - Mass Effect 3 is getting multiplayer! We travel to BioWare’s office in Edmonton for hands-on time with the series’ first foray into online gameplay, and chat with Mass Effect Series Producer and Mass Effect 3 Project Director Casey Hudson about the decision to go multiplayer in the epic battle for the galaxy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do, anything other than co-op and I don't see it working, even then Will it be a group of Shephards or will other players control the rest of the party?
Assassin's Creed shows how well a game that's been purely singleplayer can work. Mass Effect though, is a different animal, being an RPG. Although MMOs such as WoW and LotRO work well as co-op games. ME can also be seen as a squad shooter, which as shown by Gears is a very good platform for co-op

Last edited by habitualschizo on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
habitualschizo
habitualschizo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : habitualschizo
Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-03-16
TGD Reputation : 54
TGD Elite Member Points : 6160

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer A Good or Bad thing? Empty Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer A Good or Bad thing?

Post  Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:02 am

If its a good thing for us? Only time will tell. It's a good thing for EA for sure. What's the betting the servers will be shite though lol!

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer A Good or Bad thing? Empty Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer A Good or Bad thing?

Post  habitualschizo Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:06 am

Markav wrote:If its a good thing for us? Only time will tell. It's a good thing for EA for sure. What's the betting the servers will be shite though lol!

With EA, crap servers are an outright guarantee
habitualschizo
habitualschizo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:28 am

i know that i keep saying this i am gonna have to play the other games and see what all the fuss is about.

I would guess that with them adding multiplayer they are tryna add longevity to the game as it has only been sp before
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10071

Back to top Go down

Post  Thommo Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:18 am

As long as the multiplayer doesn't take anything away from the single player I'm not fussed. It seems multiplayer's being shoehorned into every game nowadays. I didn't think it would work with Assassin's Creed or Bioshock, but they're both really good online, so it could work with Mass Effect.
Thommo
Thommo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2009-07-20
TGD Reputation : 32
TGD Elite Member Points : 6713

Back to top Go down

Post  Stucowie Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:21 pm

I would love for this to be co-op!!
Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stucowie
Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2010-10-27
TGD Reputation : 59
TGD Elite Member Points : 6036

http://gamingbyt-bo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rabbid Jon 77 Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:23 pm

I don't care really. I'll only be playing the single player story. Nothing and nobody will ruin this for me. People want the COD's and the Battlefields well they can have them. It's ALL about ME3 for me. Recently stopped buying full-price as i have far too much to play so I now go for anything on sale, pre-owned or rental if I have to, but this is gonna have to be a day one purchase for me and a week off work to boot.
Rabbid Jon 77
Rabbid Jon 77
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Rabbid Jon 77
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2011-09-25
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 4857

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:09 am

BioWare has confirmed the oft-speculated multiplayer for their upcoming Mass Effect 3 with the existence of co-op missions. In a forum post yesterday evening, BioWare's Chris Priestly provided gamers with an FAQ on this mode
4 player co op mode:
Join your friends in the all-out galactic war to take Earth back. The universe of Mass Effect expands with the addition of new co-op multiplayer missions, playable over Xbox Live, PSN and PC internet. Players can choose from a variety of classes and races, form an elite Special Forces squad, and combine their weapons, powers and abilities to devastating effect as they fight together to liberate key territories from enemy control. Success in multi-player will have a direct impact on the outcome of the single player campaign, giving players an alternative method of achieving ultimate victory against the greatest threat mankind – and the entire galaxy – has ever faced
Galaxy at war:
As a bonus to the campaign, BioWare is introducing the Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system, a new way for players to manage and experience the galactic war from multiple fronts, including a new 4-player co-op mode. The key to saving the galaxy is the “Galactic Readiness” level, measured by Commander Shepard’s ability to apply
every possible asset – people, weapons, resources, armies, fleets – in the final battle against the Reapers. Players can impact their game’s Galactic Readiness level in multiple ways via the Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system, including multiplayer. Other platforms and interfaces will be announced in the coming months. It is important to note that the system is entirely optional and just another way players can have control over your game experience – it is still possible to achieve the optimal, complete ending of the game in Mass Effect 3 through single-player alone.

Back to top Go down

Post  habitualschizo Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:12 pm

That actually sound like it'll be a good addition.
habitualschizo
habitualschizo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum