The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And you thought Forza 3 was a grind!

+3
KENT HAMMER
Riled Wolf
Tricky34
7 posters

Go down

And you thought Forza 3 was a grind! Empty And you thought Forza 3 was a grind!

Post  Tricky34 Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Looks like there is some big changes to the levelling up in Forza 4!

Unlike Forza 3 or Forza Motorsport 2, the cars no longer level up. Instead, players gain manufacturer-specific XP that lead to manufacturer-specific levels. This is only affected by the number of miles that a player drives, and not by selling cars. For example, racing in a BMW will give players BMW-specific XP, but buying and selling BMW cars will not change the level of XP. The highest manufacturer-specific level is level 50; getting to level five takes approximately 30 minutes of racing time.

For getting to level 50 you will be rewarded with "manufacturer-specific part discounts (up to 100 percent free parts), large cash bonuses (up to 150,000CR), as well as Badges and Titles for your Forza Player Card". To give you an idea of the sort of time investment that you will need, Turn 10's target is to have less than 1% of players with any manufacturer at level 50 within the first 24 months. You may not be pleased to know that one achievement will involve getting a manufacturer affinity to level 50.

Changes to the driver level cap

Turn 10 has decreased the amount of time that players will take to reach level 50, so that cars are earned more quickly. At every level up to this point, the game will offer players a choice between several gift cars. Event unlocks are also tied to player level, but these can all be unlocked within a few hours of gameplay. Classes B and A will be unlocked quickly at level 5. Classes S and R3 will be unlocked at level 10. Finally, classes R2 and R1 will be unlocked at level 15.

You may have realised that I just said "up to this point"; well, that is because the level cap has increased. The highest level is now level 150, and Turn 10's target is the same as that associated with the top Affinity Level - to have less than 1% of players at level 150 within the first 24 months. The reward for levelling up past level 50 is a large credit bonus, ranging from 100,000CR to 350,000CR, based on the level.

The developer is expecting to see "lots of players in the level 20-30 range", and "a hardcore Forza fan should be in the level 50-75 range". Those above level 100 have "put in some serious time". Your level will also be displayed on your player card.

Information taken from TrueAchievements, full details of all the changes and other news Here
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13305

Back to top Go down

And you thought Forza 3 was a grind! Empty Re: And you thought Forza 3 was a grind!

Post  Riled Wolf Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:44 pm

seen that all i can say is "bring it on" Razz Rolling Eyes
Riled Wolf
Riled Wolf
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Riled Wolf
Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2010-05-15
TGD Reputation : 138
TGD Elite Member Points : 7290

Back to top Go down

And you thought Forza 3 was a grind! Empty Re: And you thought Forza 3 was a grind!

Post  Tricky34 Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Riled Assassin wrote:seen that all i can say is "bring it on" Razz Rolling Eyes

Me thinks the amount of gametime for finishing this is gonna be massive, suddenly that 5gs for using a Kinect seems very unimportant!
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13305

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:21 pm

I don't think there is an achievement related to max level though luckily this time.

I saw the list earlier
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25635

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:48 am

I'm looking forward to this, I know a lot of people complained about the grind of Forza 3 but I loved it I could sit all day playing that game the driving on it feels awesome and I love just checking out new cars and stuff to see how they handle
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9080

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:51 pm

so.. there is achieve to use kinect? u kiddin me? so basicaly just cause i dun like kinect i cant complete this game? xD seeing as i beat forza 3 so its kinda a letdown i wont 1k this :p
Angel
Angel
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Im EliTE Angel
Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2009-04-17
TGD Reputation : 34
TGD Elite Member Points : 6286

Back to top Go down

Post  evilgenius76 Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:10 pm

I started off loving forza 3, I turned into hating that game and everything about it, I was just glad i could hire a driver and turn the TV back on and go back in 10-15 minutes and select another race. I can unequivocably say that I'd rather play Hannah Montanna than Forza 4.....OH i have played HM......nuff said Smile
evilgenius76
evilgenius76
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : evilgenius76
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2011-04-15
TGD Reputation : 19
TGD Elite Member Points : 5993

Back to top Go down

Post  SaNdMaN Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:58 am

So looking forward to this now, I just don't know if I can dedicate as much time to it as I did with FM3, as I've got about 5 big games coming in the next couple of months, which is a good thing, of course, but so little time to play them Crying or Very sad
SaNdMaN
SaNdMaN
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : LNG SaNdMaN
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-01-29
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 4885

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum