The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinball FX2 - Spider-Man Tournament winner announced.

+5
KENT HAMMER
blue
gambler6464
Tenlo
RabidHellBunny
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pinball FX2 - Spider-Man Tournament winner announced. Empty Pinball FX2 - Spider-Man Tournament winner announced.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:55 am

Once more, calling all Pinballers. For the next 15 days, try your luck on the Spider-Man table and you can win 1200 Microsoft Points kindly donated by myself and RabidHellBunny.

Have you got what it takes to beat our resident deaf, dumb and blind kid gambler6464. He showed us all how it was done last time out on the Mars table.

So roll up and give it your best.

Rules as always, Bunny's and my scores are not excluded from the contest.

Last edited by DoctorMambo on Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Pinball FX2 - Spider-Man Tournament winner announced. Empty Re: Pinball FX2 - Spider-Man Tournament winner announced.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:26 am

cheers mams

will have a bash at this

Back to top Go down

Pinball FX2 - Spider-Man Tournament winner announced. Empty Re: Pinball FX2 - Spider-Man Tournament winner announced.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:46 am

I will have a go. I never really play it Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  RabidHellBunny Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Also remember if you wanted to be included in the competition - add Mambo as a friend so we have everyone on the same leaderboard.
RabidHellBunny
RabidHellBunny
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : RabidHellBunny
Number of posts : 3375
Registration date : 2009-03-26
TGD Reputation : 141
TGD Elite Member Points : 9130

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Yeah, thanks for the reminder Bunny, I forgot to say to add me as a friend. Also, can you send me a message as well to say why you're adding me, so I know that you're not some random stranger. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Of some relevance, anyone who is participating might be interested in this competition coming up

Pinball FX 2 Spiderman tournament

This could be a good warm up and practice for you guys
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11923

Back to top Go down

Post  gambler6464 Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:41 pm

sweet ill give it a go later
gambler6464
gambler6464
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : gambler6464
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2010-09-07
TGD Reputation : 21
TGD Elite Member Points : 6160

Back to top Go down

Post  blue Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:36 pm

Thanks for offering this! I sent you a request a few days ago, Mambo.

If anyone needs help with the achievements for any table, send me a message.

blue
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : A Patch of Blue
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-11
TGD Reputation : -6
TGD Elite Member Points : 4643

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:51 pm

blue wrote:Thanks for offering this! I sent you a request a few days ago, Mambo.

If anyone needs help with the achievements for any table, send me a message.

I'm sorry, but I cannot accept your entry into this competition. The prize was offered for existing members of the forum. Thank you for your interest and we hope that you can stick around and become an active member of GSA, now that you've found us.

Back to top Go down

Post  blue Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:08 pm

Would you reconsider?

There's no restriction in your original post stating the competition is only open to previously existing members.

DoctorMambo wrote:Rules as always, Bunny's and my scores are not excluded from the contest.

If you and Bunny are able to compete for the prize, why shouldn't new members be allowed as well?

I joined the forum while the competition was open. There's no stipulation in the Competition Forum Rules stating I'm ineligible. If I dig through every thread on this forum, will I not find examples of members who joined while competitions were ongoing?

blue
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:28 pm

blue

first up welcome to GSA.

Mambo is right to exclude you from this compo for a basic reason.

If folks were allowed to join a competition halfway through then that would lead to a situation whereby we could have people just coming here to take the prizes in games they are good at and then not contributing anything back to the forums. GSA is all about folks enjoying the banter of fellow members and when a member puts up a prize like this, its aimed at being something nice in reward for the folks who make it the place it is.
What we want is folks enjoying the forums, not fly by night prize grabbers. PLEAE NOTE I AM NOT SAYING THATS WHAT YOU ARE Smile. I am just stating why you will not be allowed in this time.

However Mambo has genourously run these type of events regularly and so I am sure you will be in with a good shout next time.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  blue Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Everton wrote:blue

first up welcome to GSA.
Thanks.

What we want is folks enjoying the forums, not fly by night prize grabbers. PLEAE NOTE I AM NOT SAYING THATS WHAT YOU ARE Smile.
But that's precisely why you're excluding me, despite there being no rules stating I'm ineligible.

I can accept your decision, but you should amend your rule thread to state competitions are only open to existing members.

blue
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Matey

GSA is not a terms and conditions kinda place

its basically folks enjoying the crack

Stay and join in and enter the next one

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Welcome to the forum Blue.

I wish you had posted a hello thread in the new members section before you entered the comp as it would have favoured you slightly.

You seem like an intelligent guy and just the sort of member we welcome here with open arms.

Please enjoy the site and be sure that if you stay active you can enter all future comps on the site.

We run a strictly common sense and fairness policy here and the forum is very friendly and giving.

I am sure you understand the situation here and I hope you stick around so Everton is no longer the oldest here Very Happy Wink

Enjoy the site and the banter.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13823
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25609

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  blue Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:45 pm

KENT HAMMER wrote:Welcome to the forum Blue.

I wish you had posted a hello thread in the new members section before you entered the comp as it would have favoured you slightly.
Thank you, but welcome threads aren't for me. I did post in the game news subforum prior to responding here.

Please enjoy the site and be sure that if you stay active you can enter all future comps on the site.

We run a strictly common sense and fairness policy here and the forum is very friendly and giving.
Common sense can vary greatly, so I'll deliberately ask:

How active must members be in order to remain eligible for competitions?

This should be stated in the competition rules to avoid a similar incident.

Everton wrote:Matey

GSA is not a terms and conditions kinda place
You contradict yourself, mate.

blue
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Whatever

I think the folks over on Troll.com are missing you

My fault for trying to be nice

Wont happen again

Back to top Go down

Post  blue Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:22 pm

A nice person would have tried to understand my point of view. I've accepted yours; I agree I am ineligible for this contest.

All I ask is that you amend the competition rules so this doesn't happen again. It would take less than sixty seconds. You've spent more time than that reading and replying to my responses thus far.

blue
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:16 pm

STOP FIGHTING!

YOU'RE SPOILING MY BIRTHDAY!
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11074

Back to top Go down

Post  vyper9 Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:32 pm

fight fight fight fight fight . Wink
vyper9
vyper9
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : VYPER9
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-03-03
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5405

Back to top Go down

Post  RabidHellBunny Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Now, now gentlemen can we play nicely please??

Right I'll stop being patronising now.

Blue, welcome to GSA x

Thank you for your understanding with regards to this matter, please also understand that if we were to accept you for this competition it could cause trouble with existing members (this has happened previously) we are a temperamental bunch. I accept that we should have made this clear with the starting post and apologise for misleading information.

I am sure someone will alter the T&C's stating this, please note that Everton and Mambo do not have the authority to ammend these, it has to be done by a moderator (Tricky or Colne) and I believe Colne is on holiday at present.

Once again welcome to GSA and please stick around and become an active member then you will be more than welcome to participate in any further competitions.

Bunny x
RabidHellBunny
RabidHellBunny
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : RabidHellBunny
Number of posts : 3375
Registration date : 2009-03-26
TGD Reputation : 141
TGD Elite Member Points : 9130

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Blue, hello and welcome to the site.

As Kent has already said, you should have posted in the new members thread first, as then people would at least have an idea of who you are. I know you said your not a welcome thread kinda person, but on here it really helps all of us get to know each other a little bit.

I appreciate there has been some confusion in the terms and conditions for the competitions. What you will soon come to realise on here is that the few rules we have (Competitions/Gameshare etc) are always being updated. Usually to try and stop bad things from happening again.

I will update the rules for the competitions shortly, thank you for pointing it out to us.

As for how active do you have to be, thats a difficult one. We don't expect you to be posting every 5 mins. But you do need to be posting pretty regularly, at least a couple times a week (this isn't a rule or a requirement) but if you only post once every couple of weeks or so, you might find yourself being excluded from some parts of the site (Gameshare).
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7254
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13280

Back to top Go down

Post  blue Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:09 pm

RabidHellBunny wrote:Blue, welcome to GSA x

I accept that we should have made this clear with the starting post and apologise for misleading information.
Thanks for the apology as well as offering the competition. It's nice to meet you.

Tricky34 wrote:Blue, hello and welcome to the site.

As Kent has already said, you should have posted in the new members thread first, as then people would at least have an idea of who you are. I know you said your not a welcome thread kinda person, but on here it really helps all of us get to know each other a little bit.

I appreciate there has been some confusion in the terms and conditions for the competitions. What you will soon come to realise on here is that the few rules we have (Competitions/Gameshare etc) are always being updated. Usually to try and stop bad things from happening again.

I will update the rules for the competitions shortly, thank you for pointing it out to us.

As for how active do you have to be, thats a difficult one. We don't expect you to be posting every 5 mins. But you do need to be posting pretty regularly, at least a couple times a week (this isn't a rule or a requirement) but if you only post once every couple of weeks or so, you might find yourself being excluded from some parts of the site (Gameshare).
I appreciate the detailed response. It seems like there are a lot of friendly people here. I apologise if I ruffled anyone's feathers. Cheers.

blue
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:55 pm

OK, time to announce the worthy winner.

In reverse order we had your good Doctor with 53,883,369.

2nd place we had Markav with 63,154,933

and the reigning GSA champ scoops glory again - gambler6464 scored 225,281,392. I'll PM the code to you gambler.

Honourable mention must go to A Patch of Blue (simply blue here on GSA). He was late to the party as he only joined GSA the day before the tournament closed, so I disqualified his entry. But he finished 1st in the world with a gob-smacking (and I don't even know how you'd pronounce this score) - 3,133,730,335,098. I'm sure he can console himself with the far better prize offered by Zen Studios.

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Goodness me!! Shocked

I've only just seen this thread! Looks like I missed all the action as usual last week!

I was about to comment but maybe it's too late to stir up a hornet's nest again!

Well done Gambler!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13363

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Gambler the pinball wizard I salute you sir geek as for the fight damn I missed it to Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next