The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

interesting article

2 posters

Go down

interesting article Empty interesting article

Post  Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

for me it shows that if you continue to release quality titles and aim it at gamers and add a bit of a refresh now and then, you can get long term results

PS2 showed this with the slim, and the 360 shows this in spades with the titles and the new quieter box and kinect

Everyone loved the Wii but its lack of games and its flaky controls meant that it was a bit of a one trick pony in my eyes

This all refects back to my early days when the miggy went from strength to strength over many many years as the titles just got better and better as developers go used to programming for a long term system

New consoles may look great and shiny, but for me getter a mature set of specs that everyone can wor to brings the best results everytime

Back to top Go down

interesting article Empty Re: interesting article

Post  Tricky34 Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:31 am

The Wii was an example of what Nintendo do best, create a product that appeals to a very wide audience. It attracted people who otherwisde would probably never play games (my mum has a Wii and a DS Lite).

Unfortunately what made the Wii fresh and new, quickly became stale and old, due to the lack of variety of games. After all there is only so many variations of Wii sports you can come up with.

However i think the 360 is only going from strength to strength. Not only have M$ evolved the system with the new slim, but adding the Kinect brings something different for those that want it.

Plus as time goes on the developers get better at getting the most out of it, i can remember the same happening with both the PS1 and the PS2. If you look at some of the later games on both systems, the increase in quality of graphics etc are a significant improvement from earlier games.

I think as consoles get more powerful there is less of a need to replace them with newer ones every couple of years, like they used to do.

I look forward to seeing how far they can really push the 360 before it eventually needs a replacement.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13304

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:07 pm

I dont think its just down to Kinect, M$ have continued to release AAA titles throughout the lifespan of the 360, rather than just focusing on hardcore gamers the introduction of Kinect appealed to the Casual gamer, effectivly taking customers from the Wii, they know they can play the casual stuff but their son or husband will play the more hardcore games. so for under £200 they have a consle for the whole family, wether you like dancing around like an idiot or shooting people like an idiot you are catered for.

But i am always a little wary of graphs and stats released by any company showing their company in a better light than its competitors. I dont think its that difficult to stretch the facts to benefit your comapny.
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8361

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content