The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales

+7
Tenlo
minkey_monkey
Truly Jaded
GrahamOfTheDead
KENT HAMMER
Colne Crusader
Stucowie
11 posters

Go down

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales Empty Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales

Post  Stucowie Mon May 09, 2011 5:59 pm

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales Lsw3_b10

Now its probably not a good idea to mix my childhood enjoyment of Lego, and my adult enjoyment of Star Wars for a 3rd time, considering how much time I have lost to the previous Lego Star Wars games, but for the sake of you fellow gamers, I’m willing to make that sacrific! Read on to find out more….

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales Lsw3_310

For those who aren’t familiar with the Movie based Lego games (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman, Harry Potter and the soon to be released Pirates of the Caribbean) the premise of the game is to go through various levels based on scenes of the movie(s) and smash various objects to collect bits of lego studs whilst overcoming various obstacles. This particular Lego game is based on the “Clone Wars” animated series of Star Wars, and also the movie Episode II: Attack of the clones.

The graphics on LSW3 have been upgraded from the previous Lego games, and now can have up to 200 moving pieces on screen (I’ve seen this in action where on one level, there is a never ending stream of droids coming from the background) and all in all, the levels look like you are really in the Star Wars universe and it gives a sense that even as a lego character, you belong there and doesn’t look out of place. When you’re not in a level and you can roam around a starship doing various bits and pieces (Which I’ll come to further on in this review) the environment has more lego for you to smash. The cut scenes are also well done and I often found myself having a bit of a giggle! I have to give a big well done to Travellers’ tales on this front, its top notch work as usual!

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales Lsw3_110

In terms of sound/music, from the moment the main screen music hits, you instantly know you’re playing a star wars game. All the music is authentic, atmospheric and immersing you into the world of Star Wars, all the lightsabers, tie fighters, R2D2 etc. all sound exactly as they should and even though the characters don’t talk at any point in the game (just grunt, and mumble and make random noises) the actors who played the roles of characters (Anakin, Jar Jar Binks etc.) have provided Travellers’ Tales with their grunting skills to give us a more authentic experience.

There is so much to do in LSW3 that you won’t be done in a hurry if you want all 1000 achievement points: There are 20 main story levels, and 40 (Yes, 40) bonus levels, 18 red bricks that provide “enhancements” such as Stud magnet (that draws studs to you) or invincibility etc, 10 minikits per level and a total of 130 gold bricks (each level completion gives you a red brick, collecting 10 minikits in 1 level is another gold brick, and there are various other ways to get them) so there is plenty to do here. The 20 story levels can be done in Story mode which uses default characters specific to the level or Free Play where you choose some characters with specific skills to try to get both the “True Jedi” on each level (where you have to get a certain amount of money “stud”s) and also the 10 minikits per level (Obtained by doing various tasks such as destroying 5 certain plants, or by accessing restricted area’s with unique characters such as Jedi, Bounty Hunters, Droids, Sith etc) so there is more than enough to keep you occupied for at least 30 hours, not to mention over 130 characters to find and unlock!

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales Lsw310

The levels are a cross between the standard platform levels, some of which contain sections where the characters split up and put them in different locations, and you can switch 3D space battles or Star Wars Battlefronts style Real time strategy levels (think Command and Conquer or a similar game) where you build your base(s) and use your forces to destroy the enemy forces. These RTS type battles can be quite time consuming and you can find yourself taking 20-30 minutes to mop up the level but you can rack up a huge amount of money studs which are used to buy red brick enhancements, playable characters, or to build up your forces in big battles. LSW3 features local co-op which is drop in and drop out. Another two-player feature is Arcade Mode, which lets you battle it out in a number of variations on the stud-spending, weapon-generating, base-claiming battle bit described above

Achievement wise, you can pick up 260gs just by doing the story levels, around 40-60gs by doing little tricks like kill 5 enemies with 1 lightsaber throw from Yoda, and then the rest of the achievements are ones to grind (get all 130 gold bricks, 100% the single player mode etc) which will certainly take a bit of time to do! Strangely, it doesn’t get too repetitive though!

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales Lsw3_410

To summarise, I will say that this may initially seem like more of the same, but it isn’t and really is worth picking up as it will take you easily upwards of 30 hours to get 100% of everything possible. Lego Star Wars fans will love it, Lego fans will enjoy it, and is certainly worth picking up. At the very least rent it and see what you think

I would give this a solid 8 out of 10
Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stucowie
Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2010-10-27
TGD Reputation : 59
TGD Elite Member Points : 6023

http://gamingbyt-bo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales Empty RE:Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales

Post  Colne Crusader Mon May 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Good work man!!!

I assumed this was gonna be more of the same, but you've made me see the light! My mate works for TT so I should probably buy this at some point!

Nice review!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13374

Back to top Go down

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales Empty Re: Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon May 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Well done mate I knew you would get there in the end Wink
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25622

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales Empty Re: Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars by Lucas Arts and Travellers Tales

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon May 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Probably my favourite Lego game so far. Mainly due to the variety in the levels. Great review!
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11085

Back to top Go down

Post  Stucowie Mon May 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Kent hammer wrote:Well done mate I knew you would get there in the end Wink

Lol well considering the day after it arrived I was on holiday for a week Razz
Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Truly Jaded Mon May 09, 2011 10:54 pm

I've quite fancied this, this has just sealed it!
Nice review!
x
Truly Jaded
Truly Jaded
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Truly Jaded
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-12-26
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 5316

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Tue May 10, 2011 9:37 am

It does sound promising and more fun than the previous ones. Though I will have to wait until it drops in price a little as the next 3 months will be wallet breaking lol
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14200

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Tue May 10, 2011 10:01 am

great review, I've yet to play a Lego game I haven't liked and it seems this one will be no different. It would seem I have another game to add to my Lego completion list
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11934

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue May 10, 2011 10:02 am

Good review mate, have some rep
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9067

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Tue May 10, 2011 11:40 am

Good review mate, i love the Lego games. Although i refrained from buying the Harry potter one, because of all the comments about glitches etc.

Will probably pick it up when its cheap though.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13292

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Tue May 10, 2011 1:16 pm

i love some of the lego games but i just never seem to want to finish them off. Embarassed

This will be another that i will either rent or get cheap at sometime as they are quite fun these games

And great review stu
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10058

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 3:44 pm

Cracking review mate.
Defo getting this now as soon as the price drop happens

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Tue May 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Good review, however I don't get why people like lego games so much. I really can't get into em, they are all very samey, and the collecting everything gets boring to me. Only good lego game I played was Lego Island 2 years ago. That was awesome Razz
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10118

Back to top Go down

Post  Stucowie Tue May 10, 2011 3:57 pm

I know what you mean, however, I enjoyed Lego as a child and I LOVE star wars so the lego star wars have been a no brainer for me.. they are good fun doing co-op and especially on LSW3, there is more variety in the levels as well so worth a rent Smile
Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 4:14 pm

I can play lego games and my 5year old son is happy to watch me play for HOURS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum