The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biggest ever letdown

+5
Jameseire85
Colne Crusader
Truly Jaded
minkey_monkey
Leigh36295
9 posters

Go down

Biggest ever letdown Empty Biggest ever letdown

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:08 am

Following on from Kents Shift2 rambles I was wondering what everyones biggest letdown on a game was

What title did you really look forward to and then were ultimately disappointed by?

For me The Forza series would have to be in there.

Billed as a Gran Turismo beater, the original XBox hosted Forza 1 and it was a bit dull, but Forza 3 is just the most boring game I own. Mind you when I think about it GT on the Pissy was very dull too so maybe I was just hoping for too much

So whats yours?

Back to top Go down

Biggest ever letdown Empty Re: Biggest ever letdown

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:22 am

For me has to be gears of war 2 i was a huge fan on the 1st gears (so much so that i had to rebuy it 4 times through being used that much that the discs broke Laughing ) so when news broke that gears 2 was coming out i was over the moon, i got the special pre ordered the day the release date was announced counted down the 6 months thinking soon it will be here.

Then sadly it turned up while single player was amazing they somehow screwed up on the mp side of things which is the part of the game which of course makes you keep coming back for more.

They made it laggy and made you feel like marcus fenix moving was like rik waller on a treadmill, ive let sir cliffy b know how i feel on many occassions so finger crossed Rolling Eyes he and epic don't let me down this year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:59 am

A lot of Gears 2's mp has been fixed and is playable once again

TDU2... total joke of the gaming industry.... and it's still borked months after it's release... pathetic

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:36 am

I wouldn't say I was completely dissapointed, because I did enjoy it to some degree. But GTA IV wasnt as good as I was expecting.

I was on their forums everyday reading every bit of detail, was counting down the days, and then it got delayed by about 6 months. I was dissapointed but it just made me want it more. All the reviews were good too etc, so when I finally got it, the hype kinda killed it.

It just wasn't as fun as any of the other GTA's. They spoilt it by trying to make it too realistic imo.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10118

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:36 am

Saint's row fixes that mistake lol Wink
I was an avid Gta/R* games player, for the open worldyness of it all, the best imo being to this day San Andreas
But with IV it was too real for me too.. the driving physics mostly, but also going on dates, they wern't forced, but having the phone go off every 5 mins was graing to say the least.... and to go out for a meal with your uncle... creepy to say the least lol

Saints' advertising had it to a tee, and sold me just for the line "Why watch tv in a tv on your tv, when you can douse your friends in effluence..." and why not indeed! lol

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:56 am

I wouldn't say its the biggest let down but I was a little disapointed in Fabel 3. The 2nd was epic, but this one left me a little empty, it did have an amazing voice cast, graphics and it had it's good moments but over all it felt very short and lacking in something. Plus it giltched quite a bit which made some bits tricky Sad

I did like it, but... well yeah. Maybe on my second play through and some new DLC will bring my appreciation levels up.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14200

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:04 am

Saints Row 2 is definitely alot more fun that GTA IV lol,

I think Fable 3 was dissapointing because they made it too easy and accessible for non gamers. None of the weapons really felt more powerful than the others, The whole thing with getting rid of the emotion wheel spoilt it for me too. It felt like everyone liked the same thing, no matter what it was. No variety. And the end bit where you become King/Queen was over way too quickly Sad
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:42 am

Final Fantasy XIII. I spent 3 hours occasionally pressing A and then sold the game. That's all I can bring myself to say about it without going on a rampage.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:51 am

Scabby McGash wrote:A lot of Gears 2's mp has been fixed and is playable once again

TDU2... total joke of the gaming industry.... and it's still borked months after it's release... pathetic
All the people who i used to play gears with say this also but everytime i go back it still feels the same Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Truly Jaded Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:53 pm

There's been a few for me recently....

Fable 3 - As monkeys said, it just didn't "feel" right. Although I did have fun playing it, it got traded pretty quickly.

TDU2 - The brokenness of it and Atari's need to not respond to any support tickets... or as they replied with me telling to contact playstation support.. clearly hadn't read my entry.

Gears 2 - I loved the single player, and horde, but MP is so hit and miss. I tended to play private matches a lot just so at least it was with friends and I wasn't being killed by "iX 1337 sNiP3zzzz" (or other random GT) and being totally unable to get him/her.

Burnout Paradise - Fun, but it just wasn't burnout.

x
Truly Jaded
Truly Jaded
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Truly Jaded
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-12-26
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 5316

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:45 pm

My biggest ever letdown was back when I was a youngling and was itching for a commodore 64, and my dad decided he knew better and landed home with a bleedin' Commodore 16! Shocked

Nevertheless, I went out and excitedly bought the home conversion of Paperboy for it, only to load up a ghastly abomination!! We took it back to the store instantly.

So so disappointing!!!! SOB!!

I got a C64 eventually but I was really gutted at the time!

The devastation I felt when my dad turned up with that machine, easily eclipses any recent disappointments!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13374

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:57 pm

As part of my retro collection, I still have a boxed c16 lol

Its a special edition boxed along with 10 games and the tape drive

needless to say it is not a machine I use on a regular basis

I used to love the c64 though and wrote many a fine program on it as a younger chap

PEEK and POKE FTW lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Everton wrote:As part of my retro collection, I still have a boxed c16 lol

I used to love the c64 though and wrote many a fine program on it as a younger chap

PEEK and POKE FTW lol

HMMMMMM! I think i spent far too much time typing in pokes only for them not to work!! GRRRRRRR!!! Evil or Very Mad

My C16 came with Rolf Harris's picture builder, Xzap, Punchy and Chess! I actually learned to play Chess thanks to my c16!!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13374

Back to top Go down

Post  Jameseire85 Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:47 pm

I was looking forward to Kane and Lynch when it came out (for what reason I do not know). But boy was I disappointed, it was utter crud. There wasn't 1 thing I enjoyed about that game
Jameseire85
Jameseire85
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jameseire85
Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 43
TGD Elite Member Points : 6741

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:33 am

avp was loads of hype and game was crap to short also homefront its not to bad but again to short next is battlefeild 3 there is loads of hype already so lets see how it is im hoping good but watch this space

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:25 am

Colne Crusader wrote:
Everton wrote:As part of my retro collection, I still have a boxed c16 lol

PEEK and POKE FTW lol

HMMMMMM! I think i spent far too much time typing in pokes only for them not to work!! GRRRRRRR!!! Evil or Very Mad

My C16 came with Rolf Harris's picture builder, Xzap, Punchy and Chess! I actually learned to play Chess thanks to my c16!!

Ahh you've just brought back nightmares of spending days typing in BASIC code on my spectrum 128k from one of those books you could buy and every tiem after finishing realising there was 100's of mistakes so I could never play the game
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11934

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Amstrad Cpc 464 with Colour screen for me!! lol My brother was the one that was into writing programs (mostly ones where the screen would flash different colours, with the words "flump off Pete" or something similar aimed towards me lol) and i was the Gamer..

Still to this day i often remind Dave (Chipstick1975) about the time i told him to jump down a hole on Sonic 2, as there was an extra life down there... and then running off when he died, laughing my arse off all the time even to this day about it lol he doesn't listen to me in-game anymore... strange that.. lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Thommo Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Homefront, was looking forward to it for ages, looked great in all the previews and turned out to be a steaming pile of turd. Sad

Fable 3, I loved Fable 2, even my non-gaming missus did! But 3 seemed a lot shorter and everything was dumbed down far too much.

Fallout 3, just couldn't get into it. Too much aimless wandering around, getting lost and killing giant ants for my liking!
Thommo
Thommo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2009-07-20
TGD Reputation : 32
TGD Elite Member Points : 6700

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurassic Parky Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:38 pm

Alan Wake, Microsoft hyped it up so much, and I even bought the LE. Sad
Jurassic Parky
Jurassic Parky
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jurassic Parky
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-12-26
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4934

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Jurassic Parky wrote:Alan Wake, Microsoft hyped it up so much, and I even bought the LE. Sad

Wow, really?? I'm playing this at the moment and really enjoying it. I love the whole Tv episode thing and its really got me hooked! Especially one scene where they were in a car and the background seemed like a blue screen backdrop like the old days! That's a nice touch
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11934

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Tenlo wrote:
Jurassic Parky wrote:Alan Wake, Microsoft hyped it up so much, and I even bought the LE. Sad

Wow, really?? I'm playing this at the moment and really enjoying it. I love the whole Tv episode thing and its really got me hooked! Especially one scene where they were in a car and the background seemed like a blue screen backdrop like the old days! That's a nice touch

i was a bit disappointed at how short and linear it was. Have the DLC to playthrough though am gonna do this soon as I still want to know where the story's going.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:40 pm

I loved Alan Wake. Thought it was an awesome game. Maxed it in about a week. Played non stop Smile.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Moobz Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:00 pm