The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Codemasters achieve their aim and become EA

+5
palindromic BOB
garymason72
mikeyonone
Tenlo
Jameseire85
9 posters

Go down

Codemasters achieve their aim and become EA Empty Codemasters achieve their aim and become EA

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:05 pm

So Codies have caught the dreaded sequel bug good and proper

I am all for a bit of 2 action now and then when its a great game

but just heard the F1 2011 is nearly ready and as soon as a company puts a date in the title you know its money spinner time

No matter how good a title is I cannot help feeling that some new ideas would be refreshing rather than this annual wallet snatch

Back to top Go down

Codemasters achieve their aim and become EA Empty Re: Codemasters achieve their aim and become EA

Post  Jameseire85 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Agree with what you are saying to a point.

However, some times a bit of money grabbing is needed in order to fund future ideas
Jameseire85
Jameseire85
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jameseire85
Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 43
TGD Elite Member Points : 6748

Back to top Go down

Codemasters achieve their aim and become EA Empty Re: Codemasters achieve their aim and become EA

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:18 pm

true matey

but lets be honest

codies ideas start and end at 'its a driving game'

have been ever since i bought bmx simulator for my c64 back in the 80s

lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:20 pm

I think we should all spam Codemasters with the idea to make a 3D Dizzy game, surely they should go back to the game which made them famous and let's be fair he is still the coolest mascot ever!!

If you don't know who Dizzy is then please go away and let us old people reminesce!!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11941

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeyonone Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:41 pm

i used to play the dizzy games back in day they were good...
mikeyonone
mikeyonone
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : mikeyonone
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2010-07-04
TGD Reputation : 3
TGD Elite Member Points : 5358

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:13 pm

I cant believe it, Everton having a go at Codies and EA. well i never...... Rolling Eyes
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8356

Back to top Go down

Post  palindromic BOB Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:41 am

The rights to the F1 game would have cost so much the need to do this to ensure they hold on to the rights and make a little money. But if the consumer buys it they will continue yearly releases.
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6788

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:36 am

Not trying to have a pop at Codemasters here, but I am just sad really I suppose to see yet another series started.

We have FIFA 1,to oo (and beyond lol) every year along with Madden Woods PES and eventually they become nothing more than slight tweaks to con folks out of 39.99

The Codies driving engine which is probably the best, has produced the great TOCA series, GRiD and DiRT (which now looks like it will be a long running revamp too as we are at 3 already). But at least with those you felt it was something different

I just worry when a dev sets out its stall to churn out a yearly revamp of a set item, as sooner or later (and in most cases sooner) it just ends up being a rip off. Lets hope they dont do the vile scum behaviour of making folks have to get the achs within a few months before they switch off the servers. but even if they dont sink that low, then I really dont want to see in a couple of years, F1 2016 'This year we have the driver voices...its an update you cannot live without' shinanigans going on.

(And yes I know my hatred of Tesco EA and Branson runs deep and maybe spills out more than it should lol......but I hate all rip offs with such a passion that I cannot keep my big mouth shut Smile )

Back to top Go down

Post  Riled Wolf Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:29 pm

just got a summary of information on this and one of the criteria making up part of the current 5 year licence codmasters was awarded states they must release 1 game per F1 season based on the current season and released befor it ends thats why F1 2009 was rushed out so quickly for the wii and psp.

this sounds like the work of mr bernie "I collect all the money" ecclestone (wan-ker)
Riled Wolf
Riled Wolf
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Riled Wolf
Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2010-05-15
TGD Reputation : 138
TGD Elite Member Points : 7284

Back to top Go down

Post  wewon5times Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:09 pm

Codies do the racing EA do the sports (to a certain extent anyway)
Its just cash in there pockets really, a new F1 and rally game every year from codies, (nearly every year anyway)
EA, best money maker in the game in my book, with new DLC for most games in a matter of weeks.
If the £40 alot of people pay straight away for what is the same game every year with just a few little tweaks here and there aint bad enough they then release Ultimate team (free this year) but give so few deacent cards you end up spending a fortune to get a respectable team to play with.
Or more courses to play on Tiger woods, the list goes on and on and on....
I understand its all about the money for these companies but lets face it, they need to give us people that are feeling the pinch more than ever a break.
Better still give us a better game every year instead of just tiny tweaks that aint worth £5 let alone £40.
Ive given up on Fifa ill just get it every other season now, its to similar every season.
wewon5times
wewon5times
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : wewon5times
Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 5956

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:14 pm

I finally realised how bad at money grabbing EA are when I played Fight Night Champion a few weeks ago. Champion mode was ridicilously hard, and they were selling XP packs as DLC, just to make your character a little stronger so you stand a slight chance in fights. The highest pack barely did anything though, so you needed multiple to get anywhere. I just sent it straight back to lovefilm after losing loads of fights in a row, because my character was majorly underpowered.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10125

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:44 pm

Leigh36295 wrote:I finally realised how bad at money grabbing EA are when I played Fight Night Champion a few weeks ago. Champion mode was ridicilously hard, and they were selling XP packs as DLC, just to make your character a little stronger so you stand a slight chance in fights. The highest pack barely did anything though, so you needed multiple to get anywhere. I just sent it straight back to lovefilm after losing loads of fights in a row, because my character was majorly underpowered.

you should have played online world championship if you think those xp packs didn't do much, it was complete bs in that mode, people would put all their xp onto their right hook and chin and then just come out throwing bombs, there was no way of beating them without running away hoping you don't get hit the entire fight. not a bad game but online world championship was completely ruined by being able to buy xp packs.

Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7217

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum