The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear

+2
Stucowie
palindromic BOB
6 posters

Go down

How should Atari compensate the consumer.

Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear I_vote_lcap20%Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear I_vote_lcap20%Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear I_vote_lcap10%Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear I_vote_lcap50%Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 5 ]
Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear I_vote_lcap0%Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear Empty Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear

Post  palindromic BOB Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:21 am

A quick look over on the official forums will give you an idea of the extent of the problems in the world of TDU2 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I bought this game for £40 and the server issues have left me miffed and highly annoyed as Kent and Niteowl can attest to (although the God's of fortune smiled upon them)

Turned the game on and got cracking no probs in single player. Logged out to dash to delete save game and restart after a bad mistake (don't buy the mustang) and then got greeted a hanging loading screen. The only way to play is to disconnect from xbox live by disabling your network connection.

Now apparently this is to do with the servers being crap but it shows a major flaw in the basic game programming especially in relation to xbox live.

Other games that rely heavily in online integration such as Burnout or NFS don't have the same issue. OK you lose some features but can still play while logged into xbox live. TDU2 however completely disables even the single player due to the current faults. They have basically went too deep into programming online features and forgot to put in any failsafe. Connecting to game servers should be a option not a forced act and the error of their ways is plain for all to see. IT is also a bad sign for the future if they decide to turn off the servers altogether.

I personally feel that in these types of situations gamer deserve some sort of compensation if we stick with the game and time will tell if Atari have customer service at heart or not. I paid full price for a brand new game, exactly the type of purchase companies want to see. But with the number of bugs that appear to be coming up on the forums, the real winners are going to be those that wait a month or so and buy it pre-owned after the bugs are fixed (exactly what companies hate to see).
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6793

Back to top Go down

Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear Empty Re: Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:14 am

Its such a shame that a game that is already getting mixed reviews have encountered these problems on day one. I am still baffled why I was the only one able to play this game while on Live last night, though I think Kent got on eventually. I would hope that they give out some in game cars or cash to players to say sorry, otherwise they are going to lose what little community goodwill they have left.

Am looking forward to trying to explain this all to the general inbred population of Bradford today. I hope I get home in one piece lol!

Back to top Go down

Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear Empty Re: Test Drive Highly limited 2 - oh dear oh dear

Post  Stucowie Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:24 am

I know there was real problems with the first TDU online as well for quite a while.. I'm surprised these issues got through QA as well to be fair...

I was going to pick this up today, but am now going to wait... a long time! lol maybe a few months before I pick this up...

Once you get going on it though, how is it..?
Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stucowie
Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2010-10-27
TGD Reputation : 59
TGD Elite Member Points : 6035

http://gamingbyt-bo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 am

I had been undecided about picking this up yesterday, and had Tesco actually had any in stock yesterday afternoon, i probably would have (since i had £13 worth of clubcard vouchers in my wallet).

However i'm now glad i haven't bought it, and will wait for it to come down in price, which it inevitably will now.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13304

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:26 am

Once you get into it it is very addictive and I am really enjoying it.

The game itself is gonna be in really short supply in the UK over the next few weeks so might be awhile before a price drop Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Mark 360 Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:58 am

Thanks for the heads up on this one. i like many were tempted to buy this, but after reading the above will give it a wide berth for the time being.

Mark Mark 360
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mark Mark 360
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-01-19
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4883

Back to top Go down

Post  billposter Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:08 am

i managed to finally get on last night but it was after midnight...there doesn't seem to be any problems this morning either...i have managed to log in several times...i think it is probably because of the high demand last night ...the serner obviously can't handle too many users...great game though!
billposter
billposter
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : billposter
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-07-14
TGD Reputation : 5
TGD Elite Member Points : 5177

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:09 pm

I don't want an apology, it's gone beyond that.
I only bought this game as the ones i wanted had been pushed back. I want, ney Demand satisfaction in the form of compensation, either in in-game bonuses like a couple of cars or better still some achievements (yea right lol) If we get nothing when it is Finally fixed.. how it got the testing/qa whatever in the shape it was when i played it i don't klnow.. but if we get nothing, it's getting traded back soon as

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:24 pm

load of flumping Ladies frontbottom flump choke chicken bollocks!

Tried 3 times in a row to log on now and can't get in.

Glad I got this for free.

AVOID and pick up for £20 in a few months.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Stucowie Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:14 pm

Kent hammer wrote:load of flumping Ladies frontbottom flump choke chicken bollocks!

Tried 3 times in a row to log on now and can't get in.

Glad I got this for free.

AVOID and pick up for £20 in a few months.

You could always send it to me and I'll review it Wink lol Very Happy
Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stucowie
Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2010-10-27
TGD Reputation : 59
TGD Elite Member Points : 6035

http://gamingbyt-bo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:20 pm

THAT was my review.

I will add some pics and post it up later......
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:33 pm

Free DLC it is for an apology ......

To the TDU2 community,

Thank you for your continued support and feedback. Our community has been amazing and helped us quickly identify a number of issues, which we have made significant progress in addressing in the upcoming patches.

We really appreciate your patience in this matter and we would like to announce that we will be making the first premium DLC for the game free for everybody as a way of saying thank you.

The Exploration Pack contains new wrecks to be discovered that unlock the Lancia Stratos version Rallye and 1969 Dodge Charger.

We now have fixes for all of the following issues that have already gone live on PC and will follow shortly once patches are approved by Microsoft and Sony, respectively.

Original message

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:35 pm

What..! I want the Armed n Dangerous for free, bunch of cheap gits.. oooo so i can find some wrecks... sorry i have better things to do than drive around like a muppet waiting for a beep.

Back to top Go down

Post  palindromic BOB Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:23 am

Scabby McGash wrote:What..! I want the Armed n Dangerous for free, bunch of cheap gits.. oooo so i can find some wrecks... sorry i have better things to do than drive around like a muppet waiting for a beep.

Yup PLayed the game for many hours so far and really don't like the sound of having to find my reward for sticking with it. Almost as annoying as charging for DLC and then rather than having it appear straight in your garage you still need loads of in game cash to then access it. Must have shocked those hoping to jump straight into a bugatti.
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6793

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down