The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game to sell dlc & xbla titles

Go down

Game to sell dlc & xbla titles Empty Game to sell dlc & xbla titles

Post  Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:17 pm

taken from the guardian after seeing on another site.

GAME has announced a new partnership with Microsoft to sell Xbox Live Arcade games in UK retail outlets. The move will allow customers to buy titles previously only available as downloads via XBLA. GAME says that over 30 games will be available for purchase over a six month trial period, starting this month.

Neil Thompson, general manager, Microsoft Retail Sales & Marketing, UK & Ireland said: “We’re excited to offer this program to UK consumers as we see this as an innovative opportunity to work with GAME in delivering Xbox 360 owners yet another highly attractive choice at retail.”

The list of titles includes full downloadable games, including the highly acclaimed horror adventure, Limbo and the zany motorbike platformer, Trials HD. Game add-ons will also be on sale, including episodic content for the psychological thriller Alan Wake, and map packs for some of most popular shooters exclusive to the Xbox 360, Gears Of War 2, Halo 3 and Halo: Reach. GAME says that more titles will be added as the trial progresses and customers give their feedback.

The games will be sold as cards holding a digital code. Each game will be individually priced and will not be sold as part of a generic Xbox LIVE points card. Price start at £2.04 and the most expensive games will cost £10.20.

Tricia Brennan, group commercial strategy director from GAME said: “We know that lots of customers want to play downloadable games and they look to us, as expert retailers, for advice on the best way to do it. We’ve listened to them and worked with Microsoft to provide the answers. From today it will be much easier to buy downloadable games as they will be able to buy digital games in cash for under a fiver."

I never understood why this was not done sooner as yanks have had this through amazon and gamestop for ages but glad to see it's finally happened if not for titles to surely slip onto ebay so to get even cheaper

Back to top Go down

Game to sell dlc & xbla titles Empty Re: Game to sell dlc & xbla titles

Post  mosher666 Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:46 pm

definately a good idea. not for me but see this being very useful for some people
mosher666
mosher666
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mosher666
Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2010-09-09
TGD Reputation : 80
TGD Elite Member Points : 6749

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:17 pm

Yeah

but how will I be able to write in to the Daily Heil and say that my children have been conned into spending £1000 on games through some point system if these guys are selling stuff for cash. Its a disgrace that I will no longer be able to try and con M$ in this way.

I am going to have to write a letter of complaint to the Daily Heil immediately

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum