The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Handhelds

3 posters

Go down

Handhelds Empty Handhelds

Post  Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm thinking of getting a handheld console for travel and boring times at work/band practices. Anyone got any tips to help me decide which would suit me more?

At the moment, I'm thinking along the lines of the PSP, better graphics, slightly cheaper (both the console and games) and more games that I would probably be interested in. The thing that is mixing me up is that there's a lot of very original titles on the DS, plus a lot more puzzle style ones which I love (in moderation) and aren't really available on the xbox, more than enough to keep me happy (though less that I'd enjoy compared to the PSP, there'd still be more than enough on either).

The other biggy is that the DS is far more popular, so there's usually a bigger selection of games at shops.

Anyone got either and have any tips to share?

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Handhelds Empty Re: Handhelds

Post  Lance the pimp Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:15 pm

Not that i'm very clued up on either, but obviously if u have a PS3 u can link the psp. You've also got UMD movies and the ability to store music and photo's. I had both but traded them towards xbox stuff. I personally thought the DS games were similar to the tyoe of thing on xbox arcade. I would probably go for PSP but see what others say.
Lance the pimp
Lance the pimp
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Lance the pimp
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2009-02-13
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 6173

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:16 pm

i have a ds and i have to admit although there is loads of games, they are mainly aimed at kids i cant seem to find many games to play myself, i know gta chinatown wars has just come out but other than that there isnt much.

with the psp you get better graphics, it plays mp3s and you can watch films on it. plus it has a web browser so if you find yourself in somewhere that has free wifi you can surf the net. the psp games are aimed at a more mature gamer.
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8361

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:17 pm

I have both a PSP and DS - hardly touch them at the mo, however its all down to personall preference and the type of games you are intending to play - the PSP is better for your usual gaming - wheras, IMO the DS is more about fun and puzzles - I find the PSP easier to play "gaming" games and the graphics are sheds loads better - but there is just something about the DS that I just love. I love you

So in a nut shell - if its gaming like on your console you are after then it would have to be the PSP.

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:22 pm

I own a PSP and a DS.
Since I bought my PSP the DS never gets a look in for a few of reasons-

1. Ridge racer on the PSP is so bloody awesome!

2. If you want to play outside in the sun, then the PSP in the only answer as the DS is near impossible to view in sunlight.

3. Football manager 09 is only available on PSP and not DS, I spent a world record 1 hour 45 mins on the loo when I first got this game as I completely got immersed and forgot were I was!!!

Nuff said.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:

2. If you want to play outside in the sun, then the PSP in the only answer as the DS is near impossible to view in sunlight.

Nuff said.

the new psp3000 has an even better screen the contrast ratio is 5 times better than the old psp
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8361

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:25 pm

I have the new PSP3000 mate.
Nothing gets past me.
More money than sense me.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:27 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:I spent a world record 1 hour 45 mins on the loo when I first got this game as I completely got immersed and forgot were I was!!!

Nuff said.

From now on, you shall be known as, cold bum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:35 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:3. Football manager 09 is only available on PSP and not DS, I spent a world record 1 hour 45 mins on the loo when I first got this game as I completely got immersed and forgot were I was!!!

You should see how long my dad spends on the loo, he's been known to fall asleep on it before.

I'll be getting a 2nd hand one (they're about £100 for console and 2 games) if I can get up enough funds funds with loads of old crap I have lying around here (PS2/XBox1 stuff mainly :p) to cover half the bill, so I'll see what they have, I wouldn't put money on one of them being a PSP3000 if they're new :p

I think I'm being swayed towards the PSP. Although the games on the DS do look fun, I think that I'd rather have the more grown up games. Although the puzzle ones would be fun, they'd only keep me occupied for so long. I'll nip down later and check them out, thanks guys Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:58 pm

i have a ds with a SPECIAL cart Laughing so i pretty much play on that alot,i find the games more fun to play than the psp of which ive had 2 of those in the past,but once you have had a ps2 the games on psp all feel like you played em before,impressive machine though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Got a PSP Very Happy £110 for the console and 5 games, thought I couldn't go wrong (plus a hefty portion of that was covered by tradeins).

Got Frantix, Killzone: Liberation, Death Jr, MGS: PO, and Final Fantasy. Should last me a while since I'll probably only play it on Mondays and Saturdays usually (depends how many races I make my drivers do on Forza Wink )

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum