The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bulletstorm Epic Edition a Game exclusive

+3
Tricky34
mosher666
kinmad4it
7 posters

Go down

Bulletstorm Epic Edition a Game exclusive Empty Bulletstorm Epic Edition a Game exclusive

Post  kinmad4it Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:07 pm

from the Epic forums wrote:You WON'T get the Epic Edition if you keep your pre-order with Amazon. There is no longer any "basis" for you to think you would. As you can see from Addnan's link in this thread - Amazon have clearly stated that they can't sell the Epic Edition as another retailer has exclusivity. That retailer is Game. If you don't cancel your pre-order with Amazon, you WILL recieve the standard edition. TheHut also confirmed that the pre-order upgrade as stated in the thread is concerning the US only.

They're still charging an extra fiver for the game too, which we were told would be sold at the same price as the regular edition.
Thanks for shitting on us Epic/EA or whoever is responsible for this huge let down.

So to anyone who's still got the game pre ordered with Amazon in the hope they'll get an upgrade to the Epic version, you wont, so cancel your pre order if it's the Epic Edition you want.
Think I'll wait for this too to drop in price and sod the beta.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7466

Back to top Go down

Bulletstorm Epic Edition a Game exclusive Empty Re: Bulletstorm Epic Edition a Game exclusive

Post  mosher666 Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:49 am

cheers dude, will get on that right now
mosher666
mosher666
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mosher666
Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2010-09-09
TGD Reputation : 80
TGD Elite Member Points : 6760

Back to top Go down

Bulletstorm Epic Edition a Game exclusive Empty Re: Bulletstorm Epic Edition a Game exclusive

Post  Tricky34 Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:31 pm

They're making a right hash of the release of Bulletstorm. Not exactly a good way to launch a new IP.

Not enough information for buyers to understand whats happening with the Epic Edition and its GOW3 Beta.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13294

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:39 pm

I think they have messed up. They should have just called it the "limited edition" like they are doing on PS3. The limited edition comes with extra weapon unlocks and 25,000 experience points to spend on your character development, the "Epic Edition" has these extras too . It is common place to have a limited edition for a few quid more and would have avoided the confusion Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Philip1979 Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:17 pm

It has been confirmed that the EPIC edition at game shall be £39.99. Same price as PS3 etc.
Philip1979
Philip1979
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Philip1979
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-05-18
TGD Reputation : 7
TGD Elite Member Points : 5464

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:42 pm

not a game exclusive as ive seen some online stores selling this only today
here
here also

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:05 pm

This has caused a lot of uproar as its a GAME exclusive. I've always got my games from GAME even when it was Electronics Boutique, as the loyalty card save me a fortune on games. The thingis GAME have often had exclusives before, they had the exclusive GOTY edition of Oblivion originally too.

only toe knee wrote:not a game exclusive as ive seen some online stores selling this only today
here
here also

I'd be wary of that, officially only GAME and probably Gamestation (as its the same company) have the ability to sell this, anywhere else won't be able to despite what they claim, unless they're going to buy from game and sell on
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11936

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Think Gameplsy is owned by game too
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10120

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 am

I asked about this in gamestation and they said they should have them no problems..
I also asked the about some people getting a phone call after ordering a game and being told that they wouldn't be getting the pre order code.. all he could say was there must be a reason for it, as he or his staff would never do that

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:58 pm

I got it from Gamestation, we got loads in so people should have no problem getting it. It was the same price as the regular edition

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:02 pm

God pleeeeeeeeeeease let me be happy come Friday... just updated my facebook status as sayin it looks like an amazon only release Sad lol
The one game i have actually been looking forward to.. don't let it be snatched away from me... it really will be a sign of the end of the world lol

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:13 pm

You've lost me Scabbs Rolling Eyes

Have you ordered from Amazon or Game/Gamestation?
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:15 pm

I got lost too . I think things are gettting confused between Bulletstorm and Two worlds 2 which is now an Amazon exclusive and won't be sold in any othe retailers Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:21 pm

Can't say I think that's a great strategy to be honest. Making it online only will stop any sales from casual folk wandering into their local supermarket or game shop in town.
Seems to be a very daft decision to me, but what do I know, I'm a bloody postman so bad decisions are second nature to me, if they weren't I'd have a proper job Neutral
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:00 am

Sorry i got confused.. i've got 2 worlds on the brain something bad Sad
I may be able to get it if it's amazon only as the brother in law has an account with them

Back to top Go down

Post  billposter Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:37 pm

i,ve been reading through all the posts regarding this topic, and after only reading about it just yesterday, i am now confused myself ! this game comes out tomorrow , yes ? and am i right in believing that there are 2 versions ? if so is the GOW3 beta the difference between the two?? so if this is correct the one with the gow3 beta is the one to get ??? so where is the best place to get it??as i too now want this game very much .....lol thanks.......bill
billposter
billposter
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : billposter
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-07-14
TGD Reputation : 5
TGD Elite Member Points : 5167

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Not so much the "best" place to get it more so the "only" place to get it really mate.
The Epic Edition, which has the GoW3 beta is a Game/Gamestation exclusive and not available anywhere else. It's also the same price as the normal edition thankfully as charging people for access to a beta would seem to be something that even EA wont do, yet.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:49 pm

There are 2 versions bill
there is the normal one below
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then there is the epic edition below which has the gow 3 beta inside which will be ready to go when epic release the beta
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Game and gamestation are the only two places ive heard having this on the street but others may know otherwise

Back to top Go down

Post  billposter Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:07 pm

looks like a visit to game is on the cards then... thanks all
billposter
billposter
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : billposter
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-07-14
TGD Reputation : 5
TGD Elite Member Points : 5167

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:07 pm

You do also get extra points for your MP game with the epic edition so it is basically the same as the limited edition on the PS3 just with the added Gears beta thingy. Its just early access to the beta as far as I am aware so don't panic if you get the normal edition Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum