The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mini Review: Marvel Superhero Squad

3 posters

Go down

Mini Review: Marvel Superhero Squad Empty Mini Review: Marvel Superhero Squad

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:56 am

Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet

Comic/Cartoon tie-in

This is apparently based on a cartoon which I've never seen, based on the exploits of the marvel superheros, which is aimed at younger kids.

Graphics....ok. This is clearly a budget title, but it looks decent enough for what it is.

Sound.....the music is again standard fare for this kind of game. The voice work in the cut scenes though is something special. George Takei is an inspired choice for Galactus. However during the game, you *will* get sick of hearing Iron Man say the same 2-3 phrases again and again.

Gameplay....sub-Lego platforming/collecting with the switching in and out to take advantage of different abilities. For example some characters have super-strength (Hulk/She-Hulk), some are fast (Falcon/Quicksilver) and some are good with technology (Iron Man/Black Widow). There are a couple of shooting sections where you aim a cursor and try to take out some aliens and rockets, and also a couple of sections where you are either falling, or flying through an asteroid field. Various mini-games can be played individually as well.

Achievements.....mixed bag. I'm currently sitting at about 750 from 1250, but that includes 250 very easy points from the Captain America DLC. If you're looking for an easy max then look elsewhere as there are some very frustrating moments in the game especially on the hardest difficulty.

You can get this game for around £10-15 already and if you have kids then this could be worth looking at. If you're a comic fan, then again your mileage will vary depending on how well you can stomach cute versions of the marvel universe. This is probably the closest we'll get to a Lego Marvel game.

6/10
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11086

Back to top Go down

Mini Review: Marvel Superhero Squad Empty Re: Mini Review: Marvel Superhero Squad

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Nice mini review mate. I do wanna check this out Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Mini Review: Marvel Superhero Squad Empty Re: Mini Review: Marvel Superhero Squad

Post  Jameseire85 Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Good stuff mate! Good review
Jameseire85
Jameseire85
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jameseire85
Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 43
TGD Elite Member Points : 6742

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:46 pm

(Marvel)lous mini mate. I wondered what this game was about. I think I saw it on your profile when you were playin'! Never heard of it before! Very Happy
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13375

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum