The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epic Games and EA Announce ‘Bulletstorm Epic Edition' With Exclusive Early Access to Gears of War 3 Beta

3 posters

Go down

Epic Games and EA Announce ‘Bulletstorm Epic Edition' With Exclusive Early Access to Gears of War 3 Beta Empty Epic Games and EA Announce ‘Bulletstorm Epic Edition' With Exclusive Early Access to Gears of War 3 Beta

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:33 pm

taken from a ea press release.

People Can Fly, Epic Games, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) and Microsoft Game Studios today announced the "Epic Edition" of Bulletstorm™, the highly anticipated new action shooter from the makers of the award-winning Unreal Tournament and Gears of War series of games. In this unique promotion, Epic Games and EA are blowing out the launch of Bulletstorm with access to the public beta for Gears of War 3, the spectacular conclusion to one of the most memorable and celebrated sagas in video games. Players that purchase the Epic Edition are guaranteed early access to the Gears of War 3 beta*. Pre-order now to reserve a copy of the Epic Edition which will be available on Feb. 22, 2011 for MSRP $59.99, only for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, while supplies last.

"Epic is poised to break new ground in 2011 with Gears of War 3 and Bulletstorm," said Dr. Michael Capps, president of Epic Games. "With these two highly anticipated triple-A experiences comes a unique opportunity to do something to really excite players, and that's what we intend to accomplish with the support of Microsoft Game Studios and EA. This is for the shooter fans."

In addition to access to the beta, the Epic Edition gives players bonus in-game Bulletstorm content when playing online, including 25,000 experience points, visual upgrades for their iconic leash, deadly Peace Maker Carbine, boots and armor. With this unique gear, gamers can kill with skill in style. Bulletstorm's insane Anarchy four-player online cooperative mode takes full advantage of the game's unique skillshot gameplay and unlock/upgrade weapon system to deliver the best possible multiplayer experience within the Bulletstorm world. The combination of Bulletstorm's multiplayer gameplay and skillshot system creates a frantic and frenzied experience setting itself apart from the multiplayer experiences in traditional shooter games.

Poised to be one of next year's most anticipated original games, Bulletstorm will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC on Feb. 22, 2011 in North America and Feb. 25, 2011 in Europe. For more information on Bulletstorm, please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Epic Games and EA Announce ‘Bulletstorm Epic Edition' With Exclusive Early Access to Gears of War 3 Beta Empty Re: Epic Games and EA Announce ‘Bulletstorm Epic Edition' With Exclusive Early Access to Gears of War 3 Beta

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:57 pm

Ea Press release? I saw this on facebook lol
Good to hear it tho, will defo be looking out for it

Back to top Go down

Epic Games and EA Announce ‘Bulletstorm Epic Edition' With Exclusive Early Access to Gears of War 3 Beta Empty Re: Epic Games and EA Announce ‘Bulletstorm Epic Edition' With Exclusive Early Access to Gears of War 3 Beta

Post  Ninja Yaro Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:08 pm

I've got no interest in Bulletstorm, I had a feeling Epic were going to do this though. I just hope there's some other way to get access to the beta at a later date because I won't buy Bulletstorm.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7210

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:57 pm

I remember all the hoo har about Crackdown having a beta for Halo 3. I had no interest in Halo 3 so didn't get it from the off but once I did I found one of the best 360 games ever waiting for me. That game deserved to sell bucketloads without the addition of a crappy beta.
I can see the reasoning behind this one, not everyone has been bowled over by what they've seen of Bulletstorm so tacking on a beta for a much more anticipated game will help sales. Though to be honest, it's the single player element of Gears 3 I want to get my hands on first anyway, no matter how good the multiplayer side of it will be.
As for Bulletstorm itself, I was gonna get it anyway so this will be an added bonus Very Happy

I hope there's a good few months delay between Bulletstorm coming out and the beta. I'd like people to actually try the game rather than buy it just for a beta and then let it gather dust.
The only words that fill me with dread in that press release are EA. Does that mean they've somehow got their grubby money hungry paws on Gears 3 too, please no!!!
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7464

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:16 pm

A Gash Pastie wrote:Ea Press release? I saw this on facebook lol
Good to hear it tho, will defo be looking out for it
Try to make our forums more classy and you gotta ruin the magic haven't you pastie eh eh Laughing
na found my info here

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Laughing I say facebook, it was on the Gears page, and when i clicked a link it took me to that exact same page, only it had Epic's tag all over it, not EA Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Epic edition now available at game

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:46 pm

any idea what day in March EA are switching off the servers on this?

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:26 pm

only toe knee wrote:Epic edition now available at game

At a fiver more than the normal edition, which Epic still maintain will be upgraded for free to the Epic Edition. Methinks Game are trying to con a few extra quid out of folk Evil or Very Mad
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7464

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:44 pm

ODST had the Beta for Reach but at least they were the same series of game.

As you say Rick I'll also be more interested in the single player and co-op side of things so not that bothered if I miss out.

The reach Beta was fun but it was the same thing really I wouldn't have been bothered if I missed it. In fact the big reason I did it was to get the cool Beta Tester avatar item Laughing It'd be a pain to miss out on any nice gears freebies beacuse of missing the Beta. I'm still gonna waiting till I've tried the demo on the 28th before deciding on this game.

Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8139

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:49 pm

the description of the game makes it sound like a mash up of several titles already out there

I am gonna wait till I see a review or 2 before I part with any readies

The GOW3 thing means nowt to me as its not a title I am particularly excited about anyway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Bulletstorm = the club with longer levels

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum