The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fist Of The North Star - A Tecmo Koei Game

3 posters

Go down

Fist Of The North Star - A Tecmo Koei Game Empty Fist Of The North Star - A Tecmo Koei Game

Post  stubbymite Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Fist of the north star kens rage produced by tecmo koei Europe
Review By StubbyMite

Fist Of The North Star - A Tecmo Koei Game Fns-logo

Fist of the north star is a Manga comic book that was published during the 1980’s. The story is set in a post apocalyptic world that has been destroyed by a nuclear war, the story centres around a warrior called kenshiro, the master of a deadly martial art known as Hokuto Shinken, this gives him the ability to destroy his adversaries through the use of the human bodies vital points, often resulting in his enemies dyeing a gory death.

The story of the game is similar to that of the comic book in which we use the character kenshiro across the post apocalyptic wasteland finding fights and trouble along the way. If you have never heard of the comic book before or are familiar with the story it can be hard to follow the game.

Fist Of The North Star - A Tecmo Koei Game Ken1201

The game starts at the end and you are then transported back to the start to work your way back through. During gameplay you will encounter different characters along the way, these characters are both heroes and villains. When these characters are encountered during gameplay there story will then become available in one of the two modes of play.

The game has two main play-through modes in the game. The first mode is legend mode this is where the bulk of the game has been made around. In this mode you will follow each character through there story in the game. The main story is that of kenshiro and him trying to find his loved one (for a change), each character in the game has there own version of a story. The only problem that I had with this mode was that the characters that you encounter are the same all the way through and this does become quite tedious. The only time that we see a change in characters in when you come across the bosses in the game. These are often larger than life characters and are actually hard to beat. Some of the characters from the game are shown below.

Fist Of The North Star - A Tecmo Koei Game Kensrage_thumb

The second mode is dream mode and if you are familiar with dynasty warriors this mode plays in very much the same way. You are shown the battlefield before you start the level so you can plan your attack. The levels play out like territory control obviously the one with most areas wins the game.

The games graphics are poor in comparison to others that you may play on the 360 but the graphics are similar to other koei games. The part of the game that I enjoyed is when it comes to doing the finishing moves, these are some of the most insane graphics that I have seen in a game fists fly everywhere and the enemy will end in a pool of blood!

The gameplay is not all that bad but like I mentioned earlier but can become quite tedious killing the same enemies over and over will do that to ya. I think that if the developers put in a little more effort this could have been a lot better.

The achievements in the game are not all that bad and can be attained quite easily. Most of the achievements centre around the legend mode and completing certain levels with specific characters. There are some others that are tied in there like defeat so many characters with such a move. The only problem that I could potentially see with these was that some of them require you to play legend mode a number of times to attain them.

Overall the game isn’t all that bad and I would give it a 7 out of 10. It would have been much better if they had worked harder on some of the graphics. This game would have also been better if more could have been put into the story also. Maybe one to pick up when it becomes cheaper.

The trailer for the game is below and you can see the look of the graphics and how the game plays, it also shows some of those insane finishing moves!

stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10070

Back to top Go down

Fist Of The North Star - A Tecmo Koei Game Empty Re: Fist Of The North Star - A Tecmo Koei Game

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Well done Stubby good review!

I love dynasty warriors and really looking forward to playing this too Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Fist Of The North Star - A Tecmo Koei Game Empty Re: Fist Of The North Star - A Tecmo Koei Game

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:32 pm

It looks like Dynasty Warriors with hand to hand combat rather than weapons. I think I'll pass. Thanks for the review though!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:56 pm

nice review mate Very Happy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:53 pm

I badly want this alarm clock!

KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Cool, when is it out?

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Its out last year!

As with all cool stuff to do with Koei, you either need a contact or you need to important stuff using www.play-asia.com

Koei always make all the new games have a treasure box edition, DW7 treasure box included a gold photo frame pre-loaded with DW artwork!!! TRULY GODLIKE!!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:31 pm

Kent hammer wrote:I badly want this alarm clock!

That sounds like the worst noise to wake up to, even worse than this that I woke up to on the radio this morning:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum