The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears Of War 3 Multiplayer Beta early 2011

2 posters

Go down

Gears Of War 3 Multiplayer Beta early 2011 Empty Gears Of War 3 Multiplayer Beta early 2011

Post  Riled Wolf Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:54 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could have been right in saying that the famous idiom, “every cloud has a silver lining,” was a PR spun buzz phrase on the back of last week’s news that Gears of War 3 would slip into the fall. The bad news and no silver lining - except more polish of course - meant fans were left a little bewildered.
Let's instil the faith in that phrase though once again as Epic told the press gathered at their Raleigh based studios on Wednesday that it means that they can now do a multiplayer beta in early 2011 for the much anticipated sequel.

Executive Producer, Rod Fergusson, dropped the news in the closing moments of their lengthy Gears of War 3 presentation on Tuesday, noting that the “business decision” to delay the title means that the multiplayer beta will ensure they won’t fall foul of the same issues that plagued Gears of War 2’s launch.

Fergusson was quick to note that further details were not available at this time, but lamented that they’d have to get it polished up enough for it to act as a demo as well, as most console gamers judged their purchase on how a beta fares - which must be said, isn't the point of a beta.

The EP did note though that the beta would allow them to test the dedicated servers that Epic are setting up for their fall 2011 title.

When we hear more about the specifics, we'll keep you informed. For now though, you can sleep soundly in your bed tonight knowing that you'll be playing Gears of War 3 from the comfort of your own home, sooner than you'd expected.

Every cloud has a silver lining, right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is good news thogh it dose go to show that pushing gears back by 6 months was a disicion made to help get the best sales for both Gears and Bulletstorm. Its also a safe bet to asume that the Gears beta will in some way be used to try to influance people to buy Bulletstorm in a simalar way Bungie did by puting the Halo: Reach Beta key inside halo 3 ODST
Riled Wolf
Riled Wolf
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Riled Wolf
Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2010-05-15
TGD Reputation : 138
TGD Elite Member Points : 7287

Back to top Go down

Gears Of War 3 Multiplayer Beta early 2011 Empty Re: Gears Of War 3 Multiplayer Beta early 2011

Post  Ninja Yaro Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:37 pm

I was reading about this earlier, it's the best possible news after announcing that the game had been delayed. I hope they don't give access to the beta with new copies of bulletstorm though because I'm not too interested in that game but I really need to play this beta.

I can't quite put into words how much I'm looking forward to Gears 3 now with all the info that's been released to day, seriously happy they're using dedicated servers as well, no more host advantage.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7220

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum