The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plants Vs Zombies a Popcap game review by Kent Hammer productions

+4
RabidHellBunny
billposter
Tricky34
KENT HAMMER
8 posters

Go down

Plants Vs Zombies a Popcap game review by Kent Hammer productions Empty Plants Vs Zombies a Popcap game review by Kent Hammer productions

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Plants Vs Zombies a Popcap game review by Kent Hammer productions Pvz_ba10
Plants Vs Zombies on XBLA
A Popcap Game

You may have heard that this is a tower defence game, well its not! Some have suggested this is a house defence game and they are wrong too! This game is a save your brain from being eaten from an ever increasing in number zombie horde!!
This is not about life or death, this is far more important than that, this is about your selection of 48 plants Vs an ever evolving and more bonkers collection of 24 zombies trying to eat your BRAINS!!!!!!

Popcap have long been known for being the suppliers of class A gaming crack and we are a group of its point craving addicts.

Let the fun begin all over again and let peggletastic addicts of the world rejoice as now there is a new gaming god for you to worship!

I give you Plants Vs Zombies on XBOX LIVE Arcade out now for 1200 Microsoft points.

The main part of the game is the adventure mode, this comprises of basically 50 levels split into 5 different areas where you have to stop the zombies getting into your house and munching on your noggin!

Firstly you find yourself in your back garden with the zombies set up at the other end of the garden behind the hedge. Your job is to get those plants in the ground as quick as you can in order to stave off their march on your home.

Starting with sunflowers first of all as these absorb sunshine and sunshine is the major currency in this game. The more sunshine you have the more plants you can buy and the more powerful your resistance will be.
You always get to pick from seven different types of plants at the start of each level and this selection process is often the difference between success and brains being sucked out of your ear type failure. As the game progresses you can buy more slots and this too is essential to success on later levels.

I always start by planting two rows of sunflowers and planting potato bombs in front of them to kill off the early invaders. This means you build up loads of sunshine at minimum outlay to set up a killer defence when things hot up.
You get pea shooters of various variety right upto a pea Gatling gun!
Then there's many many kinds of mushrooms which fare better in the night levels.
Also they make things more tricky for you by including a long rectangular pond in the middle of your garden and you have to look after that too by planting lilly pads and building your defences on those too. Floating mushrooms are your friends here as they are free!

If a zombie does make it to your end of the garden your last line of defence is a row of lawnmowers, once the zombie reached that the mower fires up and runs the ugly green bastard down along with any of his mates following up behind him.
But be warned, these are a one time only deal and once your mowers gone they can just stagger straight into your house and its brain sushi time again.

Plants Vs Zombies a Popcap game review by Kent Hammer productions Planta11

I don't want to tell you about all the different zombies that attack you as that will spoil your fun as you discover them, but a couple of my favourites are the disco dancing zombie with an afro who moonwalks into the garden with a sparkly disco ball and his dancing band of mates protecting him.
Another fave is the pole vaulting running zombies who are a bugger too cut down.

This is a HUGE game and will take a good while to complete the adventure mode, then you unlock a variety of other games modes along the way.
Zombie bowling is a hoot! With you rolling big brown nuts down the garden skittling over any zombies in the way.
There is at least 20 mini games and another 20 challenge levels too.
Each one ever more creative and hilarious than the last.

Finally there is also a co-op mode but sadly this is offline only and I do feel Popcap have missed a trick here. So if you have real life mates or wags to play against then great but if your billy no mates its balance a controller on each knee and some lonely man point whoring for you!
But never doubt this mode is great fun and eventually you can teach your mum the buttons trust me *-)

I have honestly loved every minute playing this game and give it the official GSA seal of approval and score it a zombie killing, brain sucking, addiction inducing 9 out 10.

It only lost a point as 1200 M$ points is a smidge high and the co-op is offline only.

A must buy for anyone that likes to have fun and be completely absorbed in gaming goodness.

This feature has been proudly brought to you by Kent Hammer productions ltd.

KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25628

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Plants Vs Zombies a Popcap game review by Kent Hammer productions Empty Re: Plants Vs Zombies a Popcap game review by Kent Hammer productions

Post  Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:39 pm

hehe

nice review matey

I have heard nowt but good things about this game and whilst its a shame its not 800 points it looks like popcap have worked their crack like addictiveness again

top stuff sir

Back to top Go down

Plants Vs Zombies a Popcap game review by Kent Hammer productions Empty Re: Plants Vs Zombies a Popcap game review by Kent Hammer productions

Post  Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Wow a actual kent review ive been here for months and i think this is my first one.
Well done you spelling checker machine mofo good review and even if you do pick on me for my muteness i gave you some rep.
I have been thinking of doing another review but then i remembered my last effort Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Great review mate, its certaily a game i'll consider if it ever comes down in price.

But at the moment i've got no M$ points, and too many other games to play!
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13298

Back to top Go down

Post  billposter Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:20 pm

i must say you certainly know how to write a review...having said that no matter how good it is, i doubt that i would part with any kind of earnings for it , only because i have better things to spend my money on..F1 for instance ..or any other full non arcade game..hope this helps mate..by the way shouldn't this review be in the arcade section.
billposter
billposter
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : billposter
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-07-14
TGD Reputation : 5
TGD Elite Member Points : 5171

Back to top Go down

Post  RabidHellBunny Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:40 pm

Excellent review!!

Awesome, addictive game, well worth 1200 microsoft points.

Survival mode is a bitch - fact!
RabidHellBunny
RabidHellBunny
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : RabidHellBunny
Number of posts : 3375
Registration date : 2009-03-26
TGD Reputation : 141
TGD Elite Member Points : 9147

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:38 pm

great review there m8 those pop cap games are like crack and just keep you coming back for more.

i think i may get this at some time in the future does look pretty cool
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10064

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:46 pm

Excellent review mate. Definitely one to check out Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:30 am

A great game, bit of a steep price though I think it cost me £1.59 on the iphone Plants Vs Zombies a Popcap game review by Kent Hammer productions Icon_neutral
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9073

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:35 am

Ba5sett wrote:A great game, bit of a steep price though I think it cost me £1.59 on the iphone Plants Vs Zombies a Popcap game review by Kent Hammer productions Icon_neutral

It is a bit pricy but to be honest I think it's well worth it, ton of mini games, VS mode it a hoot, the main game is fun and gives you a bit of a challenge, I really didn't regret the 1200 points on it.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14206

Back to top Go down

Post  ArcadeThrowback Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:26 pm

I bought this on PC at Christmas and it is a real laugh. While I think the iPad version is the best, the XBLA version is pretty. I was worried they've cock up collecting the sundrops, but they've actually made it easier than on the PC. Great fun.
ArcadeThrowback
ArcadeThrowback
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Unknown
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2009-01-31
TGD Reputation : 16
TGD Elite Member Points : 5969

http://www.ArcadeThrowback.BlogSpot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks for the feedback guys.

This game is a classic and one I will continue to go back too. Cool
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25628

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Must be something wrong with me then as i found it to be boring.
Deathspank is better for that price imo
Popcap do good games, this one isn't one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Gonna have a go at this later. Decided to download it while its 800 ms Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum