The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OVERLORD II (codemasters press release)

5 posters

Go down

OVERLORD II (codemasters press release) Empty OVERLORD II (codemasters press release)

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:59 pm

This is the first in a series of press releases sent directly to us from Codemasters, Enjoy!

MEET THE NEW BOSS: ALL-NEW OVERLORD REVEALED IN FIRST OVERLORD™️II GAMEPLAY VIDEO

Introducing a fresh onslaught of mayhem-with-menace, it’s the first Overlord II gameplay video, now available from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wednesday 18th March – 2pm (UK TIME) – Being bad will soon feel ever so good again as Codemasters®️ today confirmed that the Minions will return this summer, complete with a new master, in Overlord™️II, Triumph Studios’ sequel to the 1 million+ selling, delightfully despotic, twisted fantasy action adventure.

Taking the ‘be evil or really evil’ theme to terrific new heights of tyranny, gamers were today introduced to the new Overlord and his powers of destruction and domination in the first Overlord II gameplay video, now available from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In Overlord II, the new Overlord and a more powerful Minions horde take on the Glorious Empire, an advanced Romanesque nation, in a truly epic yet familiarly warped adventure. Ever since the events at the end of Overlord: Raising Hell, the Overlord has been absent from the world and, without his firm grip on the kingdom, the lands have being conquered by the Glorious Empire. On the surface, the Glorious Empire is a civilisation driven by righteous politicians and supported with a mighty military force. However, in practice the Empire is decadent, corrupt and dangerous. And if there's one thing the Glorious Empire hates, it's magic and magical beings.

As the game opens, the Empire’s Inquisition is on the hunt for anyone who has magical resonance. In the Arctic wastelands, where Yetis roam, lies the snowy town of Nordberg. Here a young lad is singled out by the Inquisition and accused of possessing a magical force (what with him having strange glowing eyes and everything). However, as he is led off, the Empire guards come under attack from a band of strange little leathery, big-eared, yellow-eyed beasts: it’s the Minions! With a rousing cry of “Master” the devilishly charming critters carry the boy off – they’ve found their new Overlord.

After some years of intensive Minion training, players will step into the now-adult sized boots of the Overlord. Initially it’s a rag-tag band of Minions under his command but off they go, looting, destroying and laying waste to the lands around Nordberg, scoring victories where they can, before setting sights on the lands at the very heart of the Empire.

As the Overlord’s powers grow, the secrets of the Empire, and those of his own origins, will be revealed and then it’s time to go Minion maximus on the Empire’s collective ass. Players will be able to choose how to wield the Overlord’s evil forces. Do they plunder and pillage across the lands, burn cities on a whim in wild acts of destruction? Or do they follow a path of domination, enslaving towns and exerting their will upon the people? Only true despots will be able to make the ultimate choice between being a ‘destructive’ or a ‘dominating’ dark lord.

“Overlord II empowers players to enact their evil will in either a dominating or destructive way,” explains Lennart Sas, Creative Director, Triumph Studios. “Play as a ‘dominating’ Overlord and villages and people will fall under your command with rewards and benefits coming over time as you have them do your bidding. Follow a ‘destructive' route and you’ll become a demonic Lord of chaos, obliterating anything that stands in your way. For example, if you need to take a boat from one area to the next, are you evil enough to trigger global warming, melt the ice caps, so that you create your own private sea to sail across? Well, are you? It’ll be fun finding out.”

Prepare to face the Glorious Empire in Overlord II – the game that puts the laughter into slaughter – coming this summer for the PLAYSTATION®️3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360®️ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®️ and Games For Windows®️. Get an introduction to the new Overlord in the first gameplay video, now available from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

OVERLORD II (codemasters press release) Empty Re: OVERLORD II (codemasters press release)

Post  garymason72 Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:03 pm

looks good, i didnt even think about us getting news directly from codemasters.

i havent played the first overlord is it any good?
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8361

Back to top Go down

OVERLORD II (codemasters press release) Empty Re: OVERLORD II (codemasters press release)

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:06 pm

I have not played the original myself yet.
But it is exciting to get press releases sent directly to our inbox so we can post them up here.
Early days of something good.
As soon as I get anything of course it will be passed on to you guys Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:13 pm

This is great, codemasters are now officially my favourite developers. bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:23 pm

ImAboveAllThis wrote:This is great, codemasters are now officially my favourite developers. bounce

i have to admit i tend to agree, but i will be honest i have always liked thier games mirco machines spring to mind, anymore of those on the horizon
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8361

Back to top Go down

Post  B L1NE Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:47 pm

NiiiiiiiiiiiCE!!!!
im still playing the 1st overlord
im about 60% thought
and from what ive played i think the games great
and its funny love the whole minion thing
i think ill be investing in overlord 2 WOOOOOOO!!!!!
B L1NE
B L1NE
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : B L1NE
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-02-01
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 5864

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:12 pm

I've never heard of Overlord. What sort of game is it. It's great news that Codemasters are sending press releases to the site. Well done Kent. Very Happy
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9473

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:29 am

I've had a go on the original's demo since I read a review about it and the concept really appeals to me.

I wasn't that impressed though to be honest, the idea just didn't seem to be developed enough (maybe I missed out because I was only playing the demo though). From what I've seen around and about, Overlord 2 looks far better, according to previews, a lot of the bugs have been fixed, as well as lots of new features added. I'll be keeping my eye open on this one Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:40 pm

garymason72 wrote:
ImAboveAllThis wrote:This is great, codemasters are now officially my favourite developers. bounce

i have to admit i tend to agree, but i will be honest i have always liked thier games mirco machines spring to mind, anymore of those on the horizon
micro machines was cool, and what about toca race driver 3 on the xbox? it had like 80 tracks and loads of championships and the graphics were very good aswell,although geting gold cups on that game on hard difficulty ultimately beat me cos i never got round to fully completing it!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  CH1LAX Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:31 pm

This looks amazing. Another game to my list to buy. Keep up the good work Kent. Shocked
CH1LAX
CH1LAX
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : CaptainRexxx
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-11
TGD Reputation : 3
TGD Elite Member Points : 5678

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum