The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature

4 posters

Go down

Is flashback right for an F1 game?

F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature I_vote_lcap40%F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature I_vote_lcap30%F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature I_vote_lcap20%F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature I_vote_lcap10%F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature Empty F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature

Post  Riled Wolf Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:45 pm

If the achievement list is anything to go off then Codemasters are putting there flashback feature into F1 2010 which would be the 3rd game they have made to feature it.

while there has been no official mention of its inclusion the achivment "2nd Chance" with the description: Go on to win the race after using a Flashback, suggests that there will be a rewind feature most likley similar to the system they used in Dirt 2 and Race Driver: Grid
Riled Wolf
Riled Wolf
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Riled Wolf
Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2010-05-15
TGD Reputation : 138
TGD Elite Member Points : 7278

Back to top Go down

F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature Empty Re: F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature

Post  Tricky34 Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm not really sure, i know its supposed to be a realistic racing game, but if its too realistic it can become too dificult. Which you then end up getting pissed off at, and stop playing. This has always been my problem with previous F1 games.

The flashback/Rewind feature is appearing more and more nowadays, at the end of the day you don't have to use it if you don't like it. I'll admit i've used it Forza 3, usually when i've cocked up and spun off somewhere. But its better than having to do the whole race again.

The other way to look at it, is it helps people get to grips with the game, and you can learn where you went wrong. Which in the longterm means you get more out of the game.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13293

Back to top Go down

F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature Empty Re: F1 2010 to get flashback(rewind) feature

Post  Riled Wolf Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:56 pm

i have to agree with you it dosen't sound right but the big thing for me is i hated the idea when it was anounced for Forza 3 but after playing the game and using it i found it to be quite useful for learning the limit of the car you are driving.

Also from experiances from Race Driver: Grid the AI drivers can cause problems and you can get involved in accidents that are not your fault. and one final point to bring up is that i will most probabley be limited to the number of uses per race depending on the difficulty you are playing on and will probabley be vital to get to grips with your first wet race especially if the rain starts heavy mid race and you have to try to get back to the pits for wet tyres

Last edited by Riled Assassin on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Riled Wolf
Riled Wolf
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Riled Wolf
Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2010-05-15
TGD Reputation : 138
TGD Elite Member Points : 7278

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:11 pm

It's good for non hardcore people to use too. I mean if you don't want to use it you don't have to. It's not like they force you or anything so what's the harm in letting the people with lesser thumbs having an out they can use?

They should have it as an on of option in a menu like a difficulty setting then if there are any stats or anything it can be taken in to account weather someone had it enablled or not.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8140

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:53 pm

i don't mind these at all its not like you get unlimited rewinds as you only get a set amount.
also it helps people like me who suck at racing games

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:56 pm

I suck at racing games, but i at least make the effort to remember corners lol
Having the rewinds limited would be better overall i agree, might teach these youngsters how to drive properly, tho i doubt they'll bother with a game like this

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:17 pm

It is only available offline thank God so should not cause a headache, plus the way Mickey Schumacher drives this might well be required Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:21 pm

it is a good feature but i try to limit using it. i like to try use skill to get the win. i think its kinda cheating but like others have said above it can be an ai cockup sometimes
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10059

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum