The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fable 3

4 posters

Go down

Fable 3 Empty Fable 3

Post  garymason72 Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8359

Back to top Go down

Fable 3 Empty Re: Fable 3

Post  Cyber_zombi Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:44 am

Oh dear.
To be honest I'm not sure I'm ready to forgive the Glitching hell that was fable 2 yet, let alone prepare myself for Fable 3.
Dont get me wrong I really liked the game to begin with, but as I played more and more, and READ more and more about it - and for that matter started to experience the glitches first hand, I've become encredibly dis-illusioned with the game. Crying or Very sad
Cyber_zombi
Cyber_zombi
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : CyBeRZoMBi UK
Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2009-03-10
TGD Reputation : 14
TGD Elite Member Points : 6061

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_meta_zombi/sets

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Maybe if they release it at about half the usual price, only fair since it's not even half the legnth of 99% of most games.

Loved both fables, but way too short.

Back to top Go down

Post  DonWeir Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:40 pm

I can not wait for this, with his voice it would be truely epic, besides there's a second dlc pack to come out near the summer
DonWeir
DonWeir
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : DonWeir
Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 6020

http://twitter.com/clarkew123

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:07 pm

ThomBassmonkey wrote:Maybe if they release it at about half the usual price, only fair since it's not even half the legnth of 99% of most games.

Loved both fables, but way too short.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Sorry, but are you kidding me?! It's at least double the length of most FPS games including the "Gods" Halo and GOW. Ok it's no Fallout 3 but no way is it short.

Back to top Go down

Post  Huski Ruski Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:39 pm

I will have to agree with swan. It's how you play the game really. If all you want to do is rip through the story then yes, I can see how it will be short. However, there is alot to do. Ok it may get repetitive at some times, but there is alot there on thta disc to keep you playign for months.

P.S just to let you all in on a little secret.

Fable2 > fallout 3.

I traded fallout within two weeks. Fable has mastered the GOOD VS EVIL really well.

Huski Ruski
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Huski Ruski
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-17
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5574

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:03 pm

i love fable 2 i think i played it for over 30 hours so although the story was short there is loads todo on the side. plus i only have two acheivments left to get
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8359

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:47 pm

SwanZShoot2Kill wrote: Shocked Shocked Shocked Sorry, but are you kidding me?! It's at least double the length of most FPS games including the "Gods" Halo and GOW. Ok it's no Fallout 3 but no way is it short.

I guess you don't play multiplayer then Wink I've lost countless hours to multiplayer Halo 3 and CoD4 on xbox (and I played a hell of a lot of CoD4/5 on PC before that). The majority of people that play FPS games are people that like multiplayer.

Fallout 3 isn't really good vs evil, despite what it says, it's more like mercenary vs samaritan. You'll never have people running away from you screaming, but your reputation affects how people react to you, you're either trustworthy and people like you, or you'll do anything for money and people try and avoid you. Plus the quests are all different, Fable (though I love the game, don't get me wrong, it's just way too short) is just run here, shoot that, magic this, kill something else. Fallout is a lot more varied in that you have to have certain skills for certain jobs and even within quests, there's sub quests (like the survivor's guide, you can just do the main quests, but you get bonuses for not killing certain enemies, or finding more objects etc). The other thing with fable is that ultimately good and bad both give the same result, if you're good, people like you and you get discount. If you're evil, people are scared and you get discount. On Fallout 3, you can end up with completely different dialogue, different skills, different weapons, hell, you can even destroy an entire town if you want to be evil.

Like I said, I do love Fable, but it's like the first couple of MGS where they're great games, but ultimately when they can be completed in a day or two then there's no multiplayer (let's face it, the co-op in Fable is pathetic, you can't even play as your own character) and there's little replay value (apart from to have different karma, which ultimately makes very little difference), it's dissapointing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:59 pm

ThomBassmonkey wrote:
SwanZShoot2Kill wrote: Shocked Shocked Shocked Sorry, but are you kidding me?! It's at least double the length of most FPS games including the "Gods" Halo and GOW. Ok it's no Fallout 3 but no way is it short.

I guess you don't play multiplayer then Wink I've lost countless hours to multiplayer Halo 3 and CoD4 on xbox (and I played a hell of a lot of CoD4/5 on PC before that). The majority of people that play FPS games are people that like multiplayer.

Fallout 3 isn't really good vs evil, despite what it says, it's more like mercenary vs samaritan. You'll never have people running away from you screaming, but your reputation affects how people react to you, you're either trustworthy and people like you, or you'll do anything for money and people try and avoid you. Plus the quests are all different, Fable (though I love the game, don't get me wrong, it's just way too short) is just run here, shoot that, magic this, kill something else. Fallout is a lot more varied in that you have to have certain skills for certain jobs and even within quests, there's sub quests (like the survivor's guide, you can just do the main quests, but you get bonuses for not killing certain enemies, or finding more objects etc). The other thing with fable is that ultimately good and bad both give the same result, if you're good, people like you and you get discount. If you're evil, people are scared and you get discount. On Fallout 3, you can end up with completely different dialogue, different skills, different weapons, hell, you can even destroy an entire town if you want to be evil.

Like I said, I do love Fable, but it's like the first couple of MGS where they're great games, but ultimately when they can be completed in a day or two then there's no multiplayer (let's face it, the co-op in Fable is pathetic, you can't even play as your own character) and there's little replay value (apart from to have different karma, which ultimately makes very little difference), it's dissapointing.

FPS games are my favourite genre. I play CoD4 or WaW multiplayer nearly every day. But like you said the multiplayer in Fable 2 is pathetic so you can't really compare the 2/3 games that way. Sorry I should have said, I meant the single player part of each game. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum