The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotoGP 09/10

3 posters

Go down

MotoGP 09/10 Empty MotoGP 09/10

Post  Kev Lar 1 Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Hello and this will be my first review for GSA and it is MotoGP 09/10.

The developer is Monumental Games.
The publisher is Capcom

MotoGP is considered the Formula 1 of motorbike. However following the mixed reviews of MotoGP 08 Monumental Games hope to bring the game back to life but it does fall short of providing gamers with a realistic simulation but it does however deliver a good arcade experience that gamers will enjoy for hours.
MotoGP 09/10 Motogp12
Now this game features three classes, they are the 125cc, 250cc and the full class 800cc with arcade, championship and the career mode to choose from. If you are looking for an experience that will replicate the precision of riding these powerful bikes then sadly this isn’t it because whatever mode you choose the game will feel very arcade like. Even if you change through the four difficulty settings the game is still forgiving. When I tried the highest difficulty it was still very hard to fall of your bike at nearly 200 miles an hour and it was still possible to hit other riders without the consequences of falling off your bike.

If you are new to this sort of game then arcade mode is where I would start, just for you to get used to the controls and the way the game plays, in arcade all you do is pick a rider from any class and choose any track to race on and an easy challenge.

From what I saw of the game in whatever mode you choose there is a coloured line on the track for the best racing line to take round each corner, now depending on what speed you are going the racing line will change from green to red, green being the best speed round corners and red meaning you are going to fast and with go wide and will not get the best line out of the corner, which is handy for the new racers. The AI is good with riders just plodding along in the easier difficulties to holding you up and making it harder to pass on the higher difficulties. If you feel that the 125cc is too easy for you and you want more of a challenge then shifting up to the 250cc will require quicker reactions and will prove more of a test, the same goes if you go from the 250cc to the 800cc.
MotoGP 09/10 Moto_g10
Championship mode delivers a stronger racing challenge than arcade mode, you will be able to pick a rider from any class you want and just race the 17 or so tracks in a normal season but for me it’s the career mode which makes this game stand out by managing your team. First of all you have to choose a rider, country and a team name, the next step is to select the branding for your bike, leathers and your helmet. You then start racing in the events which in turn earns you money and skill points so you can level up and hire press officers so they can get you sponsorship deals which will earn you more money depending on where you qualify and finish the race. You also have to hire engineers to upgrade your bike, as you upgrade the level of the tyres, brakes the engine and other stuff you will need to high engineers with a higher level so you can fully upgrade your bike. As you finish races you can unlock new bikes that you can use in your career. Not only can you earn money but you can also earn reputation points for your actions on the track such as overtaking and slipstreaming but you will also lose points for causing collisions and crashes, but the more points you get the better bikes and staff you unlock to improve your team.
MotoGP 09/10 Motogp11
Although MotoGP is not as visually stunning as Forza 3 it is still pretty good to look at. All the tracks are recreated and do provide good detail but not a showstopper. The audio of the engines can be very weak considering the power they have.

I didn’t play the online side of the game but I will say that career and arcade are available to play online with up to 20 riders.

Overall I feel that this game does fail in trying to deliver the authentic racing I was hoping for but it does provide a good arcade racing game that is fun to race and play again and again.

I hope this is good enough for my first review.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9461

Back to top Go down

MotoGP 09/10 Empty Re: MotoGP 09/10

Post  Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Nice review buddy fair and honest may be worth a rental have some rep look forward to your next review Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:38 pm

good review m8 i have 06 07 aent nd 08 i played the demp of 09 10 and was not sure may have to rent like contract says Smile
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10058

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:56 pm

Good review mate! Very Happy

Why didn't you race the online? Are there no online achieves? Is it easy points?
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25622

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:15 pm

MotoGP 09/10
The first 2010 MotoGP season update will be available to download ABSOLUTELY FREE of charge for Xbox Live and PSN users across Europe and Australia this week! The new season content will arrive on Xbox Live tomorrow, Tuesday 6th July and PSN on Wednesday 7th July.

The first pack will include the brand new Silverstone (UK) track along with all the bike, rider and team livery updates for the MotoGP class from the current season.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:01 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:MotoGP 09/10
The first 2010 MotoGP season update will be available to download ABSOLUTELY FREE of charge for Xbox Live and PSN users across Europe and Australia this week! The new season content will arrive on Xbox Live tomorrow, Tuesday 6th July and PSN on Wednesday 7th July.

The first pack will include the brand new Silverstone (UK) track along with all the bike, rider and team livery updates for the MotoGP class from the current season.

Cheers Kent. Forgot to mention the update. I didn't try the online side because I only had it for a couple of days as it was a rental and I have never been into the online side. I will buy this and try the online side and let you know.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:28 am

No need to buy this on my account mate.

I just wondered, makes perfect sense now.

How many points did you get in a coupe of days with it? Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:03 pm

I was going to buy it anyway after I rented it to see what it was like.
I got 230 points in a couple of days play.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:26 pm

Just picked this up for 15 notes as i have picked it up about six times in HMV and put it back. is it a lot like 08?
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10058

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content