The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Street Fighter IV

2 posters

Go down

Super Street Fighter IV  Empty Super Street Fighter IV

Post  stubbymite Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:01 am

Super Street Fighter IV – Produced by Capcom entertainment
Review by stubbymite

Super Street Fighter IV  5292539-4737771-thumbnail

Street Fighter is a series of fighting games that were developed in Japan in which the player would use fighters from around the world, each with their own unique fighting style, against one another. Capcom released the first street fighter game in arcades in August of 1987.
The player could take control of Ryu, who competed in a worldwide martial arts tournament, spanning five countries and ten opponents. The player could perform three types of punch and kick attacks and three special attacks which were the Hadouken (Personal favourite), Shoryuken and tatsumaki senpuukyaku.

Super Street Fighter IV  Super-sf4-screenshot-1

People may look at this game and think that this could have been available for download via Xbox Live “why are they making us pay for the same game twice?”.
This version of the game builds on the foundation that Street Fighter IV gave it and expands on the many of its features and gameplay, including more fighters and stages than ever before. The game has started to come into its own and set itself apart from other games in the genre.
Some of the changes include a new online battle mode, new ultra combos for each character and fresh cinematics for characters at the end of each story.

Super Street Figher IV adds ten new playable characters, eight from previous games in the franchise, and two brand new ones. This makes the total of playable characters up to 35. All the characters are available from the start of the game and will not require hours of painful super combos to unlock (I know about painful super combos, I have the blisters…). The two new characters in the game are a Turkish oil wrestler named Hakan and a taekwondo agent called Juri. Hakan is bright red in colour and his size gives him an advantage by slamming characters into walls and coupled with his heavy hitting he is quite a formidable character. Juri is a quick and agile character and is perfect for getting together those combos and super combo moves.

Super Street Fighter IV  SSF4-Hakan_08

If this is your first time playing the Street Fighter games or you just want to brush up your skills there is a practice arena in which a computer controlled opponent will take hits all day long or until you have that crucial move perfected.
Many of the cut scenes in the game are of an anime style and all scenes for characters have been changed. In usual Street Fighter style none of the stories make any sense (shocker!) but are excellently produced and provide an insight into each of the character’s backgrounds.

Only a couple of new environments have been added this time around but work has been done on the previous arenas, and whether you are fighting in a busy marketplace or in a frozen Russian train yard each background flows nicely and reacts to the fighters.

Online game play has received the biggest overhaul this time with many new modes. There are ranked matches, team battles (from two vs two up to four vs four), and endless battle mode. The team battle is a round robin where the first person will fight until they lose or the other team is eliminated. Endless battle is when eight players can be in a lobby at one time and the winner stays on, the next person will then take on the winner and the last man standing wins. During team battle all members of the lobby can talk at once and can choose to throw abuse at the apposing team or even help their team member.
During your online matches they are all recorded and you can watch them back and see where you went wrong or what you did right. New uniforms and colours are unlocked easily along your way during your online matches and you will slowly build up to the full collection.

Super Street Fighter IV  Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Officially-Revealed

The achievements in this game are very spread out with some coming easily and some taking that bit of effort to get them. Some of the achievements are easy to attain when playing through fights like getting 100 special moves. Some of the achievements for the online section can be hard if you are new to the game as three of them expect you to win five and ten ranked matches in a row (going to struggle to get this myself).

Overall gameplay is very different to any other fighting game and with the range of characters will keep you coming back for more. Online elements of this game are very good and give you depth that will keep you playing for a while until another update comes along.

I rate this game highly as it is a big improvement on the last installment and I would give it 8/10.
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10058

Back to top Go down

Super Street Fighter IV  Empty Re: Super Street Fighter IV

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:59 am

quality review stubbster

in the spirit of the world cup have some Johnny Rep

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:12 pm

well done chap good review Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Great review Stubbs.

I don't think i've actually played a Street Fighter game since i wore my thumbs down to bloodied stumps playing Street Fighter 2 on the SNES.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13292

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:46 pm

tis a good game and i got it for a bargain 15 quid at asda well worth the pick up and online is highly active can literally walk into fights

must say thanks to lefty for the help :)

Last edited by stubbymite on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Ace review buddy I was not sure about this but I will pick it up after your stellar review Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:16 pm

stubbymite wrote:tis a good game and i got it for a bargain 15 quid at asda well worth the pick up and online is highly active can literally walk into fights

must say thanks to lefty for the help Smile
yeah lefty is a star helped my review of fifa get into the official department Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Alright, alright! Don't show off... Very Happy

I thanks for the thanks but I'm just the cherry on the top of your sponge layers and cream.
It's YOU guys that do the reviews.

Well done stubby. If you've got a taste for it now I look forward to any future reviews.

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:59 pm

sounds good to me when i get some more playing time in will look at reviewing some more no probs
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 pm

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/11999679/Super-Street-Fighter-IV/Product.html

bargain on play.com
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down