The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UAE Media Council Decision Leads to Wolf Pelt Mania

3 posters

Go down

UAE Media Council Decision Leads to Wolf Pelt Mania Empty UAE Media Council Decision Leads to Wolf Pelt Mania

Post  IG88AD Thu May 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Hello everyone, was just reading about shortages of rdr in the UK and thought I would share the UAE's tale of woe in trying to obtain this game.

RDR, like heavy rain, darksiders, original doom on xbla etc etc has been banned here, by the media council. No explanation, just banned. Its not an uncommon occurence, just par for the course.

Anyway, rdr was/is highly anticipated in most places, and the UAE was no different. I think this link demonstrates the snowball effect of high level fervour, and how things which are unobtainable, or just hard to obtain, become disproportionately desirable.

I think everyone got it in the end, and for anyone in the UK still waiting due to shortages, its worth the wait.

TTFN

PS - banjo kazooie nuts and bolts is ok. Not as good as brad shoemaker reckons, but entertaining. Right Kent?
IG88AD
IG88AD
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : IG88AD
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-07-07
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5467

Back to top Go down

UAE Media Council Decision Leads to Wolf Pelt Mania Empty Re: UAE Media Council Decision Leads to Wolf Pelt Mania

Post  Gabhlan Fri May 28, 2010 11:20 am

I'm waiting in Ireland too. That reminds me I must harass GAME today. Still got plenty to keep me busy and it's Gears extra XP weekend [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8139

Back to top Go down

UAE Media Council Decision Leads to Wolf Pelt Mania Empty Re: UAE Media Council Decision Leads to Wolf Pelt Mania

Post  Guest Fri May 28, 2010 11:55 am

Banjo Kazooie sucks balls mate

avoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 28, 2010 1:59 pm

I feel it's so weird that games get banned but you can just buy it over the border in the next country.
Do you know if the playing of the game is banned or just the selling of it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Saber Fri May 28, 2010 2:02 pm

Censorship is just daft full stop...
Saber
Saber
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : SaberReyna
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-04-26
TGD Reputation : 10
TGD Elite Member Points : 5460

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Oh, so I supopse you think little kiddies should be allowed to watch A Clockwork Orange, do you?!? Hmmm? DO YOU!

Very Happy
Seriously though, I am with you mate... with a minor adjustment.
In a perfect world where we could all trust everyone to make the right choice censorship is daft.

Back to top Go down

Post  Saber Fri May 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Well theres obviously a line Lefty, you know what i meant Razz You're just bitter because i voted 'No' on your L4D film poll Wink

Dont agree with censroship at all though, all it does is create crime and underground movements to bypass it. I blame communism No
Saber
Saber
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : SaberReyna
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-04-26
TGD Reputation : 10
TGD Elite Member Points : 5460

Back to top Go down

Post  IG88AD Fri May 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Lefty Redbeard wrote:I feel it's so weird that games get banned but you can just buy it over the border in the next country.
Do you know if the playing of the game is banned or just the selling of it?

it's not really specified. It's not like film classification board where you can read the rationale behind the decision, it's almost impossible to get confirmation of what's banned.

I believe that to a certain extent it's all about public perception. It has been banned, but there is no enforcement. I could walk into Dubai mall today and buy it no problem. It's available mail order through a local online retailer, who advertise it as "mystery game 5".

I bought heavy rain and darksiders in the uk and brought them back with no problem.

Maybe they just want to be seen to be doing the right thing.

Everton - you ever considered writing for the daily mail?
IG88AD
IG88AD
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : IG88AD
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-07-07
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5467

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum