The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 FIFA world cup south africa Review

3 posters

Go down

2010 FIFA world cup south africa Review Empty 2010 FIFA world cup south africa Review

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 9:32 am

2010 FIFA world cup south africa Review 2010FIFAworldCup-Billboard_656x369

Hello and welcome to my first ever review on GSA. It is, of course, about "2010 FIFA World Cup™ South Africa" from Electronic Arts.
I shall give you an insight into what to expect if you are thinking about either buying or renting this game.
Wish me luck!

GAME MODES
With every FIFA game you have plenty of things to do both offline and online.
These range from messing about in free roam honing your skills to being a pro in the "Captain Your Country" mode. If any of you have played EA's previous football title, FIFA 10, then its very similar to that but with an international feel.
In "2010 FIFA World Cup™ South Africa" you start off as a newcomer who has caught the bosses eye and over a season you must show him you are improving.
You start out in your chosen country's second team. I'd picked England so I was playing with the likes of Carlton Cole and Gabby Agbonglahor, football players who were also pushing for a place on the first England team.
Competing against real players adds to the realism of the game. The single player mode will easily keep you going for a few months.
There is an online World Cup in which you pick a team, start in the group stages and try to beat the best Xbox Live has to offer.
There is even a scenario mode with over 50 challenges from past World Cups where you are given the chance to try and rewrite the outcome of games gone by.
I also read somewhere that EA will be keeping team and player statistics up to date during the whole 2010 tournament which can only be a good thing.

2010 FIFA world cup south africa Review X360_World_Cup_Online_640x360

SO HOW DOES IT LOOK AND SOUND
Well with every FIFA title they seem to take things to the next level. This game is no exception.
The sound on this game is amazing - you could close your eyes and feel like you were at the World Cup in any one of the 10 officially licensed stadiums, it's that good. It really does bring the carnival atmosphere to your ears.
You'll also notice the little things, I scored with Rooney in the semi finals and a few minutes later you could hear 40 thousand fans all chanting Rooney's name. It just makes the game that much more special.
There was no real update on graphics from the past EA FIFA title but this is not a bad thing as FIFA is, at the moment, the best football title on the 360.
Saying that, it is the World Cup and everything seems a lot more colourful. Cutaways to fans decked out in your teams chosen colours once again add to the all round carnival atmosphere. All in all it looks the part.

LONGEVITY
This title will easily keep you going before and during the World Cup but as with every other cup footy release we all know where it will end up - in that big bargain basket in the sky.
But then that could be seen as a good thing - a lower price means more gamers picking it up and using it online so it wont, all of sudden, just go dead.
It's a shame these games can sometimes be looked at as a stop gap for the big footy releases as some of them are used to test out new ideas.
In this case its the new pen system. I'll be honest it's not to my taste but speaking to other gamers who have a history of playing FIFA titles they find it a lot better than the previous system, so it's each to their own I think.
And as stated earlier EA do keep all the statistics bang up to date so this will easily keep you going for a fair few months.

ACHIEVEMENTS
Out of the 44 achievements available 31 can be done offline if you want to avoid Live hooligans. There isn't a single missable achievement so many of them will just come by playing through the game. A number of the achievements can be boosted with a friend or even exploited with the help of another controller.

But don't think that this game is too easy! Only by 1) winning the entire Word Cup for 125 gamerscore points, 2) beating all 32 qualifying teams for 125 gamerscore points or by 3) being a successful captain in the Captain Campaign for 100 gamerscore points can you hope to max out this title. There are six secret achievements, one of which is viral which means you will not be able to get it unless you play online and "catch" it from someone who already has it.

FINAL THOUGHTS
I'll be honest here, this is my second draft of this review as first time round I kinda jumped the gun and slated it but after giving it a chance the bugger grew on me!
So if you love your footy and if you want England to win a World Cup, and if we are brutally honest... it's only going to happen here.
Would I pay the full asking price of £39.99? No, I probably would not.
Would I buy it if the price drops a little? You're damn right I would Mr!!!
All in all its a top notch title and if you love the World Cup as much as I do then this is a game you will want in your collection.

OVERALL VIEWS
gameplay 7.0
sound 9.0
longevity 6.0

Overall Score 8.0

Can I just say a big thank you to GSA Admin Kent Hammer who helped me out loads.
I know I was a pain in the bum pal, but thanks.
Also my thanks to Lefty for helping me turn this into a full official review.

Back to top Go down

2010 FIFA world cup south africa Review Empty Re: 2010 FIFA world cup south africa Review

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu May 20, 2010 11:50 am

No probs mate.

I know you gave it your best shot and that's what counts Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25618

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

2010 FIFA world cup south africa Review Empty Re: 2010 FIFA world cup south africa Review

Post  Kev Lar 1 Thu May 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Good review mate. May think about this one.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9457

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:13 am

I moved you up into the official section now mate Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:31 am

Nice review mate, I have been wanting to pick this up
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9063

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:17 am

has anyone else tried the new scenerio mode yet?

Its great fun and challenging, seems like you have to play on legend or world class aswell.

I tried to beat Uruguay with Ghana when level in extra time, ended up winning on sudden death penalties! Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum