The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted: Weapons of Fate

3 posters

Go down

Wanted: Weapons of Fate Empty Wanted: Weapons of Fate

Post  Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:54 am

I know this is an old game but having owned it for quite a while I finally got around to playing it through

At the end of four days of soul destroying repetitive grind I thought I would try and save anyone else here enduring this pain.

First up the clue is in the rather amusing misprint on the game box.

It says Wanted: Weapons of Fate when it should have just said Wanted: Those last 10 wasted hours back.

A helluva typo I know but still.

It tries to follow the story of the rather poor film its based on, but by missing out any form of proper background to the story and the loss of key scenes, you find yourself being completely mystified as to what you are doing plot wise. The film at least sort of flowed storywise, this game does not.

Not that its relevant anyway because the game is just 9 levels of exactly the same sort of gameplay. Its lack of any real ideas or fun remined me of another game, Terminator Saliva. A couple of stock mission styles spawned over and over again with different scenery. Both games are boring as an evening watching Most Haunted on Living TV whilst listening to your Grandad talk about rationing. Sadly both games I think are from the same stable. One to avoid at all cost in future.

Anyway so you plod through the 9 levels of pseudo GOW duck and cover, shooting either enemy A who is a soldier looking type, or enemy B who has a cloak, or Enemy C who runs at you like the suicide geezer from Serious Sam. To spice it up sometimes you get to dodge bullets from a sniper. And then a couple of times you get stuck on a gun emplacement in some form GOW turret copy homage. Only difference is that its shit.

Now you have these three gameplay styles
Shoot
Shoot at man running at you
Shoot from Turret

Thats it, apart from when you are next to an enemy and you press B to go into a cut scene where you knife them. This is great because you have no control over what position you will be in after the cut scene and what camera angle it will return the controls to you, which of course really helps when you are in a tight situation....not.

Add into the mix the poorly placed checkpoints and you almost have the perfect steaming pile of poo that is becoming GRINs trademark.

But wait

All is not lost

Because........

You can bend bullets around things.

OMG OMG can it be true, its just so amazing and what a feature. Tell you what the feature is so good that you would only need say one or two weapon types in the whole game....which is lucky because there are only 2 weapons in the game, well 3 if you count yourself for playing this toss. And the feature is not that good and becomes very dull and just having pistols is ultimately very frustrating.

Dont worry folks though because I have saved the best bit for last...... The achs

To get the achs you need to play the game through over and over and over again....even then you need codes which are on the Film DVD to unlock certain characters. So not only is it a crap game to play through once, you have to play through it a minimum of 5 times if you want all the points. (Yes there are ways of glitching this to shorten the amount of levels but I like to play my games properly.)

So to summerize:

+ Points.

I never have to load this again

Wanted: Weapons of Shite

0/10

Toss

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Weapons of Fate Empty Re: Wanted: Weapons of Fate

Post  sophosuni Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:27 am

lol!
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : sophosuni
Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2009-09-20
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6588

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:35 pm

I used a few shortcuts and got through it quite quick.
BUT it is a grind and only the first playthrough is more fun.
Then its just grind.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25622

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:23 pm

Great review mate, I will definately remember not to buy, this no matter how cheap i see it in the bargain bin!
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13292

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content