The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MLB 2K10

Go down

MLB 2K10 Empty MLB 2K10

Post  djilladel Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:42 pm

MLB 2K10 200022b

This is the game that I wanted from 2K Sports when they released 2K6. I've played it every year and the tweaks they make usually add some good and some bad. This year, I feel like it's finally about right. The graphics are a bit weird sometimes. The players look pretty good, but their bodies are awkwardly shaped. That's always been the case with this franchise though. Good presentation for sure.

MLB 2K10 2-8d4d55e6-ed62-4f77-84c8-f13e95601d08-l

The lighting is good and I think that adds to the quality of graphics a lot. Playing day games looks better than the night games for this reason. The framerate is the best I've seen yet in this series. I didn't really notice any slowdowns at all yet, though I've heard people have gotten them in some of the quick throwing plays when a lot is happening on the field at once.

I like the new pitching mechanic. It makes you much less accurate than I can ever remember. You can still get pretty close to what you are aiming for, but any little variation will move you off your target a bit. This seems much more realistic as pitching in the past was way too easy for me. I blew all the opponents away without even using a great pitcher because my accuracy was too perfect. Not anymore, baby. I'm expecting to actually start giving up more than 2 or 3 runs.
MLB 2K10 2-7be5334e-0458-4c00-9b73-57b424105800-l

Batting is giving me trouble still. I've scored runs, but it feels very different from in the past and is taking time to master. There are drills included to help you practice, but I'm lazy and trying to work it out in game. Hitting for contact is the easiest thing to do and you can still hit a homer with a contact swing if your batter has enough power. Fighting off pitches seems like a good idea, but I haven't felt the need to ever use this feature.

Pros:
-Graphics are still pretty good. Players arent that accurate but the stadiums are beautiful
-My player mode is a savior for the game and adds more longevity
-Ability to download user created files and such through 2k share
-Luckily 2K does patch there games quickly because this needs it

Cons:
-More bugs and glitches, seems to be a reoccuring trend with 2k sports
-very hard to connect to online opponents for ranked matches
- cannot unlock acheves if played on custom settings but that is the only way to enjoy the game is on the custom settings

Overall Score: 7.5/10
MLB 2K10 200022_lback
djilladel
djilladel
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : dj illadel
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-01-02
TGD Reputation : 26
TGD Elite Member Points : 5756

Back to top Go down