The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much does Xbox Live know about YOU...?

Go down

How much does Xbox Live know about YOU...? Empty How much does Xbox Live know about YOU...?

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:02 am

Found this in my inbox this morning an article about a document Microsoft has that details what information they keep on all their customers/users and how The Law can access it. Haven't read the book itself and apparently it's been out in the wild for a while know but thought this might be interesting to the paranoid amongst us...

Myself I've never been too worried about information stored about me, I mean who cares what I do? geek
I've never been really worried about a Big Brother state either... you should be proud of the things you do or at least not feel guilty enough about them to fear anyone's disapproval.

Sauce: Gamepolitics.com [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"...the document, entitled Global Criminal Compliance Handbook, and dated March, 2008, was originally posted by the whistleblower website Cryptome. Microsoft reacted quickly, claiming that the document was copyright material under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), and the offending content, and indeed, the whole website, was taken down swiftly."

"For Xbox 360 users who have registered on Xbox Live with a credit card, Microsoft collects and stores your: date of birth, name, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, credit card number, type of credit card, credit card expiration and Microsoft Passport.

Xbox Live users will have their registration and IP connection history recorded “for the life of the gamertag account.” Also collected, and stored, is the Xbox’s serial number (if it was registered online).

Law enforcement officials armed with a subpoena can grab “basic subscriber information,” such as name, address, screen names, IP address, IP logs, billing info and email content “more than 180 days old.”

A court order results in “disclosure of all of the basic subscriber information available under a subpoena plus the e-mail address book, Messenger contact lists, the rest of a customer’s profile not already listed above, internet usage logs and e-mail header information (to/from) excluding subject line.”"

Back to top Go down

How much does Xbox Live know about YOU...? Empty Re: How much does Xbox Live know about YOU...?

Post  sophosuni Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:33 am

Not really surprising but as its only xbox and xbox.com info its not really going to be that big a deal unless you nicked an xbox or threatened to kill someone over live and then went and did it.

I wouldn't warn you, I'd just turn up on your doorstep Twisted Evil
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : sophosuni
Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2009-09-20
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6587

Back to top Go down

How much does Xbox Live know about YOU...? Empty Re: How much does Xbox Live know about YOU...?

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:37 am

its knows my workload is so high that I have not been able to switch my 360 on for nearly 3 days

it knows I am a whorer

it knows I am shit at most games

it knows I love it

but as long as the live camera is not pointing at my sofa, it does not know about my gimp mask fixation

Back to top Go down

Post  sophosuni Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:00 am

Everton wrote:but as long as the live camera is not pointing at my sofa, it does not know about my gimp mask fixation

lol!

Now that would be seriously freaky if they could access your xbox live cam whenever they wanted. Actually monitoring it would be a great job to have though... as long as you didn't come across Everton in a gimp mask affraid
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : sophosuni
Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2009-09-20
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6587

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:13 am

sophosuni wrote:as long as you didn't come across Everton in a gimp mask affraid

I normally charge double for that

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 am

sophosuni wrote:N... its not really going to be that big a deal unless you nicked an xbox or threatened to kill someone over live and then went and did it.:

So.... the threatening is ok, is it? As long as you don't actually do it, I mean.
pale

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Don't see why anybody is surprised, the supermarkets, online retailers etc all have this information on you too... hell if you're surprised at this you'd be shocked at the level of details that people can get hold of about you with very little effort Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum