The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***IMPORTANT MW2 WARNING PLEASE READ***

+3
Mister Blade
Kev Lar 1
PhenomenalFox
7 posters

Go down

***IMPORTANT MW2 WARNING PLEASE READ*** Empty ***IMPORTANT MW2 WARNING PLEASE READ***

Post  PhenomenalFox Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:32 pm

I just came across this thread on the xbox forums thought Id pass on the information which if correct, should be observed if you dont want to loose massive amounts of XP.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
PhenomenalFox
PhenomenalFox
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : PhenomenalFox
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-01-18
TGD Reputation : 3
TGD Elite Member Points : 5273

Back to top Go down

***IMPORTANT MW2 WARNING PLEASE READ*** Empty Re: ***IMPORTANT MW2 WARNING PLEASE READ***

Post  Kev Lar 1 Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Thanks for the heads up bud.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9473

Back to top Go down

***IMPORTANT MW2 WARNING PLEASE READ*** Empty Re: ***IMPORTANT MW2 WARNING PLEASE READ***

Post  Mister Blade Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:17 pm

it seems there will be an patch coming with

Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.

- Fix to prevent various XP hacks, including the prevention of obtaining negative XP.

just hope its soon.
Mister Blade
Mister Blade
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mister Blade
Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2009-04-15
TGD Reputation : 30
TGD Elite Member Points : 6236

Back to top Go down

Post  djilladel Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:35 am

Mister Blade wrote:it seems there will be an patch coming with

Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.

- Fix to prevent various XP hacks, including the prevention of obtaining negative XP.

just hope its soon.
That will be good. Just yesterday I had a care package drop striaght through the ground and only the top was showing. It would not let me get it. It was first time ever seeing anything like that. Pretty funny but also was pretty po'ed
djilladel
djilladel
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : dj illadel
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-01-02
TGD Reputation : 26
TGD Elite Member Points : 5767

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:00 am

cheers for the heads up on that.

Ive pretty much stopped playing MW2 online, simply because of the boosters on Free 4 All. It really annoys the crap out of me that they boost for a nuke. To me its cheating, to everyone else including Xbox, its not

Back to top Go down

Post  PhenomenalFox Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:11 am

luscious loopy wrote:cheers for the heads up on that.

Ive pretty much stopped playing MW2 online, simply because of the boosters on Free 4 All. It really annoys the crap out of me that they boost for a nuke. To me its cheating, to everyone else including Xbox, its not
I would have thought its against the xbox TOS. Boosting is accepted unless it disrupts others' games. Which clearly this does.
PhenomenalFox
PhenomenalFox
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:30 am

PhenomenalFox wrote:
luscious loopy wrote:cheers for the heads up on that.

I would have thought its against the xbox TOS. Boosting is accepted unless it disrupts others' games. Which clearly this does.

Exactly what I think, but the Xbox Moderators think that if they can be killed in the game, which they can, its not cheating.

Straight quote from The Pro

"If you are in a match and someone is willing to stand there and let you kill him over and over to get a kill streak, that doesn't violate the games mechanics (in MW2) as far as I can tell"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:05 pm

luscious loopy wrote:Exactly what I think, but the Xbox Moderators think that if they can be killed in the game, which they can, its not cheating.

"If you are in a match and someone is willing to stand there and let you kill him over and over to get a kill streak, that doesn't violate the games mechanics (in MW2) as far as I can tell"

Well it's pretty obvious that it doesn't break the game mechanics any monkey with half a brain could see that but it does however hamper the enjoyment of many others who play and it does also break the spirit of the game, two things I am sure are "supposed" to be frowned upon.

I really do abhor idiots like that! Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  PhenomenalFox Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:32 pm

The Mad Ronin wrote:
luscious loopy wrote:Exactly what I think, but the Xbox Moderators think that if they can be killed in the game, which they can, its not cheating.

Well it's pretty obvious that it doesn't break the game mechanics any monkey with half a brain could see that but it does however hamper the enjoyment of many others who play and it does also break the spirit of the game, two things I am sure are "supposed" to be frowned upon.

I really do abhor idiots like that! Mad
YES! bounce
PhenomenalFox
PhenomenalFox
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:18 pm

*wanders in*

Oooooooooooooo Shocked I think ..... *clears throat* if people wanna boost in this way then that is fine AS LONG AS the others in the match are of the same mind and everyone can boost till there hearts are content, coz lets face it, dont we all do it at sometime, searching for a ranked match for your mates, with obscure settings, so we can boost whether its for cheevies or rank ??? The downfall for MW2 is that its such a popular game it is nigh-on impossible to find a quiet little corner to boost yr ranks. So I would say its fine AS LONG AS EVERYONE in that match is doing the same thing. A bit like if on one of Angel's MW2 nights, I think everyone should stand there and let me kill them so I could get a nuke ......... Laughing BUT - IT IS NOT ON, if your doing it in some one elses game, then that would be a no no .... *wags finger, goes dizzy* I lost the thread of what I was saying there, but im sure you get the drift LOL - Ooooooo chocolate ..... nomnomnomnom

*wanders out*

Back to top Go down

Post  wewon5times Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:45 pm

I was playing online earlier and I got a message flash up saying I killed an infected I was a bit confused as I'd never seen it before I don't know how many xp i got for it but I got a call sign or something for it, let's hope next time I'm on I ain't Been reset.
wewon5times
wewon5times
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : wewon5times
Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 5961

Back to top Go down

Post  XkurosakiX Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:46 pm

wewon5times wrote:I was playing online earlier and I got a message flash up saying I killed an infected I was a bit confused as I'd never seen it before I don't know how many xp i got for it but I got a call sign or something for it, let's hope next time I'm on I ain't Been reset.

I'm pretty sure it's like a viral call sign achievement. Something along the lines of killing someone who got nuked recently or something. Heard others having got the same thing so i wouldn't worry about it too much.
XkurosakiX
XkurosakiX
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : XkurosakiX
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-10-24
TGD Reputation : 8
TGD Elite Member Points : 5544

Back to top Go down

Post  wewon5times Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:51 pm

hopefully ill be all goo then, I have a few games I can play till it all blows over anyway.
wewon5times
wewon5times
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : wewon5times
Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 5961

Back to top Go down

Post  djilladel Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:59 am

yeah thats something thats been in the game, so you'll be ok.
djilladel
djilladel
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : dj illadel
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-01-02
TGD Reputation : 26
TGD Elite Member Points : 5767

Back to top Go down

Post  Lance the pimp Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:41 am

I got that call sign and it's fine. I was impressed. I don't play too much free for all on this as I got the challenge done. so I haven't experienced the boosting that's clearly going on. just the sneaky lil'campers who manage to get the nuke that way. Which i know people hate campers, but after trying this myself, is harder than it looks. especially to get to the nuke stage. Not that i've unlocked that killstreak reward yet!
Lance the pimp
Lance the pimp
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Lance the pimp
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2009-02-13
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 6173

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum