The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA Football 2010

2 posters

Go down

NCAA Football 2010 Empty NCAA Football 2010

Post  djilladel Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am

Overall Rating 8.2/10
****/*****
Yeah, its EA, what do you expect. The game relatively unchanged as far as the core gameplay goes. There are few bells and whistles and what is actually new is relatively small. However, all these small things really add up to making the game worthwhile.

The few new additions start with "Season Showdown" mode. The user picks a team (permanently) and earns points for his team as he plays the game both online and off. These points are placed into a bank for that team and compiled with the points of all other users. The leaderboards reflect the best team in the virtual country.

The problem I have with it is, you earn a couple points for a big tackle, a few for a big hit, a few for a sack, but if you run up the score (by so much as throwing a pass while being up by 28 or so points) you will lose 100 points!!! Use a time out with the lead in the 4th qtr, lose 75 points!!! While there are a lot of ways to get points, you can only lose them in the sportsmanship catagory.

Other than that the game is relatively unchanged, unless you count changing the superstar name to "Road to Glory".

Now is it worth your extra $60 for yet another minimally upgraded EA sports title, for me, sadly, yes. What can I say, Im a junkie for sports games.

I am a football fan and will play any football game. I liked this game even though it is essentially the same as last years game. It does have some things that are better then last years.

Like:

I think the graphics and animations have improved from last years edition. I noticed they fixed the stutter step when running straight down the field from last years game. They have added some new tackles and catches. I like the fact that if you are hit as you throw it messes up the pass.

I like the road to glory mode even though it is the same as all the RPG football modes before it. The Erin Andrews part is a pretty cool addition. I wish they would put more stuff like that in this game and Madden. Plays of the week with Chris Berman would be awesome. Whooop!

Online Dynasty is awesome. You cant cheat either cause it tells how many time you start a game. You also only have save points at specific spots which is nice. It prevents restarts of the dynasty to get the recruits you want.

Dislikes:

The AI is ridiculous sometimes when it comes to trying to make every game interesting. Some games are going to be blowouts! I mean to make me fumble 3 straight plays when it is down by 14 is just stupid. Not to mention the penalties on third down and the holding/clipping calls on every run over 30 yards. The cheap calls and events(fumbles/dropped passes) got to be very predictable and very frustrating.

Kirk Herbstreet's voice could have been synced better. It sounds liked it was recorded at different times with different mics at times.

NCAA Football 2010 200619bNCAA Football 2010 200619b
NCAA Football 2010 2-2ccabc18-133d-47bd-82c4-b45094bb55b9-l
djilladel
djilladel
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : dj illadel
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-01-02
TGD Reputation : 26
TGD Elite Member Points : 5755

Back to top Go down

NCAA Football 2010 Empty Re: NCAA Football 2010

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:40 am

Just a shame none of us here the the UK will get to play it am sure its good as always Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:18 am

aye tis vexxing that merkans have access to some of the easiest point whoring sports titles known to man, that will never cross the pond

have thought long and hard about getting a usa box to play these but the costs to do so just to boost my score seem silly

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:21 am

thanks for the review mate.

I wonder if its region free?
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25622

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:55 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:

I wonder if its region free?

I checked the extensive list of region-free titles here:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-fc-77-1-49-en.html

and it's not listed, even though EA's other 2010 titles (Madden, Tiger etc) are region free, the title that isn't released here isn't region free. Where's the sense in that?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum