The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left 4 Dead; CRASH COURSE - a valve production

3 posters

Go down

Left 4 Dead; CRASH COURSE - a valve production Empty Left 4 Dead; CRASH COURSE - a valve production

Post  Cyber_zombi Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:12 am

Left 4 Dead; CRASH COURSE - a valve production Untitl10

Left 4 Dead: Crash course - A Valve production in association with Steamworks and Source Engine Picture

Crash Course is an additional download content level for the Left 4 Dead main game.
So firstly you wont be able to play this unless you own the original game.
Also this review is aimed mainly towards those who have at least played the game - if you haven’t already done so I would highly recommend that you do- so It won't be the most in depth review you'll ever read.

The Level bridges the time between the levels No Mercy and Death Toll, starting with the four survivors next to a crashed helicopter. You'll notice straight away that extra dialogue has been recorded for the additional level. The level itself is made up of lots of alleyways and dark places for zombies to lurk, as you move through warehouses and truck stops. All of the normal specials make their appearances quite early on. The first few times I played through I was attacked by a tank before Id even been playing for 5 minutes.

Left 4 Dead; CRASH COURSE - a valve production L4d110

The level itself is the shortest by far of all the levels as it only consists of two chapters. For those of you that wanted another massive slog through zombie land, you'll be a bit disappointed, but if you come away from the experience with that point of view, why not consider this. Only two chapters means that those achievements that you've been dying to get, such as 'stomach ache' are suddenly much more achievable. The shortened amount of chapters means you can get through the scenario in 20 minutes once you've played through it a few times.

Left 4 Dead; CRASH COURSE - a valve production L4d210

One of the best things that this level does though, is give you that feeling that you had the very first time you sat down to play left 4 dead. That nervous feeling of not knowing where you should be going -because you've not played it enough times to know the level inside out- and as a result it helps to intensify those jump moments where the horde charge you or a special suddenly appears. Although this isn’t really due to the level itself, it’s more so because the level is fresh and unknown, it does help to build excitement over the coming sequel.

Left 4 Dead; CRASH COURSE - a valve production L4d310
It has a bit more of the usual witty banter you have become accustomed to with the previous chapters of the original game as well the intense music that keeps you on the edge of your seat listening for those specials lurking in the shadows... as well as some mad ramblings on the wall. They really don't like Allison.

The bottom line with this additional content is this. If you loved Left 4 Dead, you're going enjoy this additional level. Its more of the same fantastic zombie blasting frantic action and because its shorter it means you can pick the game up for just a quick blast rather than having to commit to at least an hour of play. If however you were unconvinced by Left 4 Dead the first time round, there is certainly nothing here that will change your mind.

DLC price (at time of review) 560 Microsoft points
Average time: 30 mins
New Achievements: 10 amounting to: 250G
Cyber_zombi
Cyber_zombi
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : CyBeRZoMBi UK
Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2009-03-10
TGD Reputation : 14
TGD Elite Member Points : 6063

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_meta_zombi/sets

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead; CRASH COURSE - a valve production Empty Re: Left 4 Dead; CRASH COURSE - a valve production

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:26 am

woo hoo, I love L4D.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead; CRASH COURSE - a valve production Empty Re: Left 4 Dead; CRASH COURSE - a valve production

Post  garymason72 Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:28 am

i also love L4D, i have just ordered myself a copy after renting it, awesome.
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8361

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyber_zombi Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:02 pm

Just played the L4D2 Demo, and Glad that I pre-ordered it earlier today when in town.. I ended up pre-ordering from GAME as you can download a baseball bat if you pre-order with them.
Cyber_zombi
Cyber_zombi
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : CyBeRZoMBi UK
Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2009-03-10
TGD Reputation : 14
TGD Elite Member Points : 6063

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_meta_zombi/sets

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum