The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

Go down

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs Empty Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

Post  Guest Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:00 pm

Anyone who has looked at my gamercard will have noticed that I have played quite a few of these type of titles. Some are easy, some are fun and all give good point whorage.

This film tie in seems to offer all of the above.

The film and game are about an inventor who livens up an dreary island by making a machine that rains down food. At first all is well but then things go bad and he has to try and save the day.

The game is split into several levels within each act and there are 6 acts in total. Your task in each sub level is to normally battle through some form of enemy foodstuffs to reach and save people trapped.

You are equipped with four available weapons, a melter a boxing glove, a suckers upper blow back thingy and a large fork. In the early levels you can use just one of these but in later levels you get to play with 2 or 3 and have to work out how to combine their respective powers to get the task done.

The levels themselves are relatively short, but are colourful and most of all fun.

You have a certain amount of collectibles on each level and by getting all of them you unlock the super weapon which will make the final end boss battle a breeze.

As you destroy things you get the now obligatory point orbs which add up allowing you to upgrade your four weapons.

The puzzles are neat and tidy and require a little bit of thinking but you will not get stuck for long. The collects are all pretty easy and visible too.

So the game itself is only going to take you 1 or 2 nights to finish and max out your 1000g. Is this a bad thing?. Well quite frankly no. This game costs about 15-20 quid. For that you get 6 or 7 hours of unfrustrating fun and a nice amount of easy gamerscore. The graphics and game play are fine and its a very pleasant change for having to put in your life and soul to get a title moving forwards. I like tough games and tough ach and I like gamerwhore types too. Playing just one kind will leave you either perplexed or unfulfilled. Games like this make a great filler between epic titles and I applaud Ubisoft for its release. Kids will like it too and my only gripe is that the soundbites are a little repetitive. Well so what, at least this game lets you switch them off.

Its full of nice touches and is well worth a play.

Its nothing original or new and the interface and the whole feel is one I have seen several times before, only this time it all works.

Very pleasant and I give it a spack rating of 7.5.

Back to top Go down

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs Empty Re: Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

Post  Leigh36295 Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Good review. I might rent this just for the gamerscore Razz.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10118

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum