The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Far Cry 2

2 posters

Go down

Far Cry 2 Empty Far Cry 2

Post  Angel Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi guys, I decided to join you and try to write a review. I know that my English isn’t perfect so I used MS word to help me out a bit. If it’s going to be an eye sore, let me know.

Game: Far Cry 2
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: 10/21/2008

We all know THE famous far cry and most of us have spent hours in these deadly jungles, but what about its sequel? Far cry 2 is one of those games that you hate or love at first glance.

SINGLE PLAYER: First of you get to choose your character. There are 9 of them, wearing from white to yellow, brown and even black (there is an Irish guy too), sadly there are no females available. As soon as game starts you will notice a difference from other games as there will be no intro explaining the plot. First thing you will notice about game is it's really nice environment: grasslands, jungles, mountains, lakes and rivers plus lots of wildlife (we all love to run over a zebra with our 4x4 don’t we?). You will be introduced to so-called buddies who are actually more of a nuisance then help, but don’t worry you can kill them any time you want.

The game world is astoundingly huge and there is no such thing as a load screen, that gives you a lot of space for improvisations like: find a good sniping spot to take down your enemies from afar or use a car bomb or even better, burn them all. The selection of 28 weapons is somewhat impressive too. To make it more realistic, your weapons can jam and you must buy your own collection of guns, but to do that you need diamonds which can be acquired by doing missions or collecting them from cases hidden around the world ( yep.. collectables).

However it’s not as perfect as it sounds. There is a bunch of outposts all over the world on almost every interception and every time you are close to one, your car will be made into swiss cheese. After that happens you have to get out of the car, kill all the bad guys, fix your car or get a new one and keep on rolling till next outpost, rinse and repeat till you grow bald. Talking about bad guys, sometimes they are really smart, can flank, surround and terminate, however sometimes you can just sit in the grass like right next to the enemy and he won’t see you.
Probably the worst thing in this game is glitches. You would expect that such a huge company like Ubisoft woudn't release badly glitched games, but that’s completely wrong. There is bunch of them and you might be unable to get a couple of achievements.

MULTIPLAYER: Multiplayer is pretty enjoyable and a lot less nerve wracking. You can choose from LAN, ranked and unranked matches. Of course, like in every good shooter you will be levelling up and upgrading your weapons on the way. There are four multiplayer modes: Deathmatch, Team deathmatch, Uprising and Capture the diamond. Capture the diamond is completely the same as capture the flag , just with a new name. Uprising however is a mode i haven’t seen in any game before. Basically it is hold a checkpoint game, but only the so called team captain can capture checkpoints. The objective of the game is to capture all checkpoints and kill enemy captain.

Last but definitely not the worst thing in far cry 2 is map editor. You can easily create your own maps for any and all game types and play them in ranked or unranked matches with your buddies or even random people (they will be forced to download your map).

Rating : 6/10

Last edited by Angel on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Im EliTE Angel
Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2009-04-17
TGD Reputation : 34
TGD Elite Member Points : 6273

Back to top Go down

Far Cry 2 Empty Re: Far Cry 2

Post  chrism1066 Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:48 am

Cool review Angel! I quite like this game, as you have said its huge and takes ages to travel across unless using the bus lol which is the safest way to travel. Gonna dig it out and have another blast soon to get some more cheevs i think lol
The multiplayer is great fun with loads of random and impressive maps including the eifel tower!!!!
chrism1066
chrism1066
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Chrism1066
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2009-03-04
TGD Reputation : 25
TGD Elite Member Points : 6941

http://z13.invisionfree.com/blue_oval_enthusiast/index.php?act=i

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:24 pm

darn forgot to mention the bus Very Happy oh well im glad that someone liked my review Razz
Angel
Angel
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Im EliTE Angel
Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2009-04-17
TGD Reputation : 34
TGD Elite Member Points : 6273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content