The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wall.E

3 posters

Go down

Wall.E Empty Wall.E

Post  Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:54 am

I am sure most have you will have seen the Pixar film Wall.E last year. Well it is the Ying to the games Yang.

Having battled through this tie in, I would say that whilst the film was excellent if a little cheesy, this game is just cheese of the bodily variety.

To give the developer some credit, they have tried to get the game to follow the film quite closely.

Its split into several distinct chapters with ach points being awarded for finishing the chapter and then again for finishing the chapter without dying. There is the obligatory pick up several 'items' in each level and if you have ever played one of the myriad of titles that follows this same formula you will know already what the game is going to offer.

In level one you learn to pick up/make a cube of rubbish, then a cube of heavier rubbish and then a cube of electrical rubbish. I think they were trying to help me here by giving me some sort of hint of what the title was....rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.....

You whizz along as Wnak.E and go over ramps and jumps and eventually after a few minutes you learn how to control him.
Graphics are nothing spectacular but the game is pleasant enough to look at.

The second level introduces you to his new found love EVE or as he calls it (over and over and over and over again thought the game) EVAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Whilst this voice was cute in the film, it makes you want to punch your TV in the game.

EVE flys and you learn to control her which basically, as she regains health automatically, means flying forward and shooting at the same time all the time. This level 2 introduces you to some mini games and although they are all named differently they all are the same in as much as you fly to a place and then shoot something and/or fly to another place.

The levels then all take on a bit of a similar look whereby you have a path to follow with enemies in the way and you get through these paths with Wnak.E or EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAA or a combo of the two.

There is a level in space which has a strange homage to asteroids in 3D as you need to destroy trash that breaks into smaller trash, but its still very poor.

The game then throws up to obstacles which will leave you cursing as you try to complete the levels without dying, namely the electrified floors, and the magnetic floors.

And thats where this title really falls down, in as much as its a pleasantish romp through albeit with the most annoyingly repetitive voice overs (you have to hear how often they say the same thing over and over and over at certain points to believe it), but when you try to get to 1000 ach points and have to play each level without dying it becomes a massive pain in t'butt.

So to summerise

+ points

Looks like the film
Easy 5-700 points

Dull repetitive twaddle
Some extremely annoying sections
Dull repetitve voice overs
The overall feeling of pointlessness and anger you get trying to max this title out

One day a film tie in is going to be fun
Only trouble is that I am getting on in years and I doubt I will be around when it happens

3/10 a definate dont buy even for the whorage. I was told this before I started but I thought it was ach points for the taking. I wish I had not bothered.

Last edited by Kent Hammer on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no swear words in subjects)

Back to top Go down

Wall.E Empty Re: Wall.E

Post  palindromic BOB Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:29 am

Just one more reason to avoid disney tie in's
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6781

Back to top Go down

Post  patchychris Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:55 am

whilst I would agree that this a definate rent not buy; I do think it is one of the better "kids" games and on the whole myself and my kids really enjoyed it.

But most importantly you are right it is easy gs.
patchychris
patchychris
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : patchychris
Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2009-08-24
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 5750

Back to top Go down

Post  gamblor74 Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:09 pm

Wall-e is my kid’s favourite film, and therefore his favourite game, after playing the Demo 20 times, I finally brought the game from play when it was cheap.

It’s not the best game in the world, the graphic look very last gen in places, especially some of the cut scenes.

Still as kids games go, I've played worse. Only took 2 Day's to finish, just hunting round for all the Toy Story Characters now.

Anybody Played Bolt???....That might be next.
gamblor74
gamblor74
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gamblor74
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-01-12
TGD Reputation : 12
TGD Elite Member Points : 5743

http://thebadgersden.co.uk

Back to top Go down