The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bubble Bobble Neo

3 posters

Go down

Bubble Bobble Neo Empty Bubble Bobble Neo

Post  gamblor74 Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Ok, 800 points for the Classic Bubble bobble. I remember spending many hours playing this on the C64, then the Amiga and also the Arcade version Via mame. So what's in the new version?

Well, the original version is there and intact, Graphics are as expected, nothing spectacular, but true to the original arcade. Music again as original (which is good, I was humming the tune as the gamed download). The game is as fun as I remember fast and furious, lots of bonuses, Lightning bolts, fireballs, parasols, extended play, deadly dentures and all. We Played the Classic mode for about 2 hours, got all way up to Level 72...which is where thing started going wrong. Level 72 seem almost impossible. After about 1/2 an hour off jumping and bubbles popping we gave up. There must be a way of doing this level, but as a direct port of the Neo-Geo, this may have been much easier with an arcade stick and not an analogue one.

The other issue I had with it was that credit are unlimited, so if you die, you just continue. The challenge used to be how far you could get on one ( or limited) credit, so live were important as was co-ordination and team work.

As well as the Classic option, there an arrangement Version and a 4 player Versus option which seem ok. No online Option as far as I can see.

All in all, great for a blast if you loved bubble bobble in the past, but don’t expect to go past level 72 in a hurry. I still love the game, but after a couple of days, I don’t think it will get played again!

Just my opinion
gamblor74
gamblor74
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gamblor74
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-01-12
TGD Reputation : 12
TGD Elite Member Points : 5744

http://thebadgersden.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Bubble Bobble Neo Empty Re: Bubble Bobble Neo

Post  palindromic BOB Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:18 pm

I agree. very much a rainy day game. I love it though. Haven't had the chance to get up to level 72.
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6782

Back to top Go down

Post  Dokflesh Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:45 pm

Level 72 is a Horror. There is another later, which involves dropping through secret parts of the scenery. If you aren't playing co-op, the whole game becomes a fruitless endeavour and I would warn your friend first and foremost that he won't be giving you any Xmas presents in the near future, and will pretty much avoid you in the street, delete your mobile number and possibly set fire to your house, once the whole game is wrapped up. And NEVER tell them before the nigh-on three hour stint that only the Main profile gets the Achievements. Or things could get mighty ugly.
Dokflesh
Dokflesh
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Dokflesh
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-12-02
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5295

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content