The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terminator Saliva- unofficial member review

4 posters

Go down

Terminator Saliva- unofficial member review Empty Terminator Saliva- unofficial member review

Post  Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Ok this is a very simple review for a very simple and pointless game.

Well not completely pointless as you will easily get 1000 of them in an evening.

The Terminator franchise deserves much better than this 9 levels of almost identical shite.

You meet some people
You run to a new location
You listen to some dialog
You encounter some of skynets finest
You see that there is really only 4 types of enemy
You kill them on your own because your teamates are crap

Then you run to another location and repeat from point 3 downwards.

This happens 3 to 4 times per level

Then on some levels you have the amazing variation of being on a train with a gun or on a truck with a gun

Then if thats not enough you get to be in a Terminator shell and kill things
3 to 4 sets of things naturally as why change a winning formula.

The graphics are poor
The explosions are ok ish
The fact that you cannot run out of an area without clearing it of robots is farcical. Ooooh look were being attacked. Lets hide behind that truck or run away. No sorry you can't. I mean you can't run away in real life or stand or crouch behind trucks...oh hang on yes you can. So yet again a developer makes the world you are in seem that bit more unbelievable.

There is a relatively enjoyable battle in the tunnels with a guy trying to fix some bombs, but really its a load of toss.

And if you die then you have to wait for the level to reload...another pet hate of mine.

So to summarise

+ 1000 points easy peasy...put it on hard difficulty, get a can or two of lager and beat it in 5 hours

- its utter garbage and only sold because of the name and sad whorers like me

Cheers

Spack

Back to top Go down

Terminator Saliva- unofficial member review Empty Re: Terminator Saliva- unofficial member review

Post  Artois Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:19 pm

lol, after whoring this game for its easy score, i do agree with you on most points but it did have some plus points, i did like the music, i know it lifted straight from the movies and what not, but it was inspiring and did get you hopes up. Also i did like the way you moved from cover to cover, i thought that was quite funky. Also it has to be said at least they put some effort into the robots themselves, they do look good, its just a shame they couldnt carry on with the rest of the level design,

That said, this game only deserves to be whored for its easy 1000gs, its just a shame, the same people who made this also made Wanted, which seemed to be a more polished movie-game tie in.

Also in this day and age, no online co-op, i mean come on and whats with the puddles of water what dont even ripple when you run through them.
Artois
Artois
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : SmoknArtois
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-01-15
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6207

Back to top Go down

Terminator Saliva- unofficial member review Empty Re: Terminator Saliva- unofficial member review

Post  patchychris Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:37 am

Everton wrote:Ok this is a very simple review for a very simple and pointless game.
+ 1000 points easy peasy...put it on hard difficulty, get a can or two of lager and beat it in 5 hours

- its utter garbage and only sold because of the name and sad whorers like me

Cheers

Spack

nice review and spot on, this is possibly one of the worst games I have played in over 25 years and believe me Ive played some stinkers
patchychris
patchychris
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : patchychris
Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2009-08-24
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 5750

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:42 am

thanks Patchy

however sadly whilst it is total crapulance, there are far worse games on our beloved machine

My played list contains some of them and I am sure I have more to plow through

Luckily the majority of games add a real plus to life so its not too bad finding the odd bag of shite like this.

Back to top Go down

Post  harry haddack Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:59 pm

just got this and the game is poo but a very easy 1000 points hope i can sell it on!!!!!!!!!!
harry haddack
harry haddack
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : harry haddack
Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2009-01-17
TGD Reputation : 17
TGD Elite Member Points : 6709

Back to top Go down

Post  squiddy Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:19 pm

this game is a lemon. I reviewed it when it came out http://www.peoww.co.uk/terminator-salvation-360 but at least it's not as bad as the movie.

squiddy
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : peacesquid
Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2009-05-29
TGD Reputation : 18
TGD Elite Member Points : 5950

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum