The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your ultimate gaming moment!

+11
the shark gill
JGS1530
calex
Bluffin Aces
Jameseire85
RabidHellBunny
BungholioMcOral
Mr Filth Wizard
minkey_monkey
ruffriddimz
Virus25061984
15 posters

Go down

Your ultimate gaming moment! Empty Your ultimate gaming moment!

Post  Virus25061984 Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:55 pm

So what is the single most orgasmic piece of gaming you've ever had?

Mine was a bout of Pro Evo on the gamecube back in the day. It was around 2am, Me and my brother had been playing a long match, The game itself ended 6-6, Extra time didn't go well, I found myself 8-7 down with only 10mins to play, I equalised and with just seconds left played a through ball to Ruud Van Nistlerooy - slotted it home for a 9-8 win and promptly screemed the house down.

Brazil 8 - 9 Holland Very Happy

Its not much, but when its your brother it counts. Like a Star @ heaven
Virus25061984
Virus25061984
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Virus25061984
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-08-12
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 5547

Back to top Go down

Your ultimate gaming moment! Empty Re: Your ultimate gaming moment!

Post  ruffriddimz Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:07 pm

getting to 100,000 gp was cool,but the thing i remember best about gaming was on the sega megadrive playing gauntlet with my brother and 2 mates for over 12hrs straight one christmas eve,missed christmas morning that year sleeping.....never did finish the damn game eyes got so blury we had to quit....ahhh memories!!

ruffriddimz
ruffriddimz
ruffriddimz
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : ruffriddimz
Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2009-01-30
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 6098

Back to top Go down

Post  Virus25061984 Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:14 pm

h yes xmas gaming, My first console (Nes) and Mario and Duck Hunt I love you And I still can't see how the duck hun thing works, I point a gun at the tv, how does the console know where I've aimed it? Question
Virus25061984
Virus25061984
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Virus25061984
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-08-12
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 5547

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:18 pm

exactly cos it had no sensor not like the wii lol ~(duck hunt was ace!!!)

Umm my best gaming moment... Umm the thing that comes to mind is riding a motor cycle of the top of a mountain in gta san andreas with no parishucte and getting that feeling of vertigo and actually landing it right so I didn't die.

Another would be winning my first online GTA liberty city death match

Mostly it's all about spending hours of my youth on Alex Kidd. Still addicted to that game despite all the years past!
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14203

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:23 pm

Not sure if I could pinpoint one ultimate gaming moment but one thing that can't be beaten is the excitement of getting a new console.

I can still vividly remember the first time I got to grips with each console down the years, but switching on my 360 on launch day with Call of Duty 2 inside will be something that'll live with me forever.

I'm a bit of a graphics whore so when I finally got to see first hand what the next generation of consoles had to offer I could barely believe my eyes. Can't wait for the XBOX 720 to come out, now that'll be a visual feast!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Virus25061984 wrote:Its not much, but when its your brother it counts. Like a Star @ heaven

Damn straight.
Back in the days when I could first afford renting my very first 486/66 PC from Radio Rentals... I played Duke Nukem 3D on it. One weekend I actually borrowed another PC from my place of work and dragged it home, monitor and all on a sack trolley.... I was poop scared it was going to shake to pieces bumping along the pavements of South East London.
Getting it home was only half the trouble, took most of the Saturday trying to get a serial connection to work.
But when it finally did I played deathmatch on Duke Nukem with me little bruvver... heaven.... AND HE OWNED ME!
The score got to summink like 40-10 to him. He'd grabbed a rocket launcher and was camping out, killing me every time I rushed in like an idiot.
So finally I wised up and played it slow. I collected every other weapon... I sneaked up on him and won it back. Then I played the long game. I took it easy, stayed patient, careful.... sneaky sneaky catchy monkey.
We played for a good four hours until I pulled the score back to 60-61.... and then I turned everything off and declared meself the winner! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Filth Wizard Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:06 pm

So many, but Bioshock will stay with me for a long time to come, a near perfect game for me. But I guess playing my first Halo 2 slayer match is probably my greatest memory, it pulled me right back into gaming. Oh, and finally finishing Outrun on the Game Gear. Never played that damned game again!
Mr Filth Wizard
Mr Filth Wizard
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mr Filth Wizard
Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-08-25
TGD Reputation : 10
TGD Elite Member Points : 5618

Back to top Go down

Post  BungholioMcOral Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:12 am

mine was playing against a clan of cheats on cod waw, managed to get 61 kills out of 75 to win the match with a 38 kill streak thrown in as well.
BungholioMcOral
BungholioMcOral
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : BungHolioMcOral
Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-06-09
TGD Reputation : 3
TGD Elite Member Points : 5589

Back to top Go down

Post  RabidHellBunny Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:30 am

Mine has got to be the first time I actually completed a game with no help, as many of you now know I am not particularly patient with games, if I get stuck I give up or get someone to get me past the bit I was stuck on, well I managed to complete a game all by myself! The game in question was an addictive little kids game mind - Pikmin on the Gamecube, it is really fun so if anyone has a gamecube or wii I would recommend it.
What made this even better is I completed it then went back and played it again to try and beat my score (which I did) then lent it to my brother who never managed to complete it because he got stuck!
RabidHellBunny
RabidHellBunny
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : RabidHellBunny
Number of posts : 3375
Registration date : 2009-03-26
TGD Reputation : 141
TGD Elite Member Points : 9144

Back to top Go down

Post  Jameseire85 Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:34 am

Playing guardian on gears of war 2 on stasis. Our leader decided to be a bellend and got killed fairly early on in the game. My team held out for a while but eventually got killed off leaving only me. I grabbed grenades and planted a sneaky one which the opposition teams leader walked into, I had another planted grenade which took out another. Was running around the map and I ran into 2 and i got lucky and i killed them both (if the wind had blown the wrong way i would have been finished, thats how close i was to dying), then it went to sudden death and i spotted a guy in the middle of the map so i took out my lancer and rained bullets down on him and he swiftly collapsed to the floor. Was an awesome feeling!!
Jameseire85
Jameseire85
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jameseire85
Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 43
TGD Elite Member Points : 6744

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:49 am

Back in the early 80s when I was at uni, the students union had a Bombjack arcade cabinet.

As I have always been an avid gamer I spent more time on that game than any lecture.

Because I was much younger then and did not have the gnarled scrunched up controller hands I have today, I became a bit of a beast on Bombjack, being able to play for a considerable length of time on 1 coin.

One particular afternoon, when no doubt I should have been reading about advanced statistics or some form of derivatives, I was in the zone on the game and pulling offsome ridiculous moves when I started to feel I was being watched. On finishing the game I turned round to see that my exploits had attracted a large crowd all watching me play.

To this day I have no idea whether it was my massive high score or the quality 'You've gotten 23 firebombs' dance I did at the end of each level that attracted so many people, but it will always be my proudest gaming moment.

I have my own arcade cab now (currently in the process of a refurb) and still enjoy a Bombjack session every now and then.

Great game and great days

and getting a degree was always over rated Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluffin Aces Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:11 pm

i've a few but the one that stands out at the moment was killing the boss man on gears of war, took me bloody ages but i done hom
Bluffin Aces
Bluffin Aces
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : bluffin aces
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-01-06
TGD Reputation : 7
TGD Elite Member Points : 5719

Back to top Go down

Post  calex Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:24 am

Great moments you have their guys. Mine is
not that so great but so fulfilling that I finished
playing three awesome RPG games in PlayStation1.
Those games were Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy IX
and Legend of Legaia. I finished all of them for almost
3 months, yeah three months was long but it was
so fulfilling! Really!

calex
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : N/A
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-10
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5359

Back to top Go down

Post  JGS1530 Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Final Fantasy 7 completion for the first time has to be my greatest achievemnet to date.

Still my all time favourite game
JGS1530
JGS1530
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : JGS1530
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2009-07-06
TGD Reputation : 8
TGD Elite Member Points : 5775

Back to top Go down

Post  the shark gill Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:08 pm

MINES GOT TO BE THE FIRST TIME I PLAYED ON MY XBOX 360. ME AND THE MISSES PLAYED CO OP ON GEARS OF WAR. WHAT A GAME. Smile
the shark gill
the shark gill
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : the shark gill
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-25
TGD Elite Member Points : 5600

Back to top Go down

Post  kaotix Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:41 pm

For me,Id say completion of Final Fantasy XII on the PS2. Over 80hrs of gameplay to do it. Just couldnt put it down
kaotix
kaotix
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : xX kaotix Xx
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-09-12
TGD Elite Member Points : 5379

Back to top Go down

Post  squiddy Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:14 am

I was very well-matched against a mate of mine on the old Pro Evo games on the PS1.

We used to pick random teams (there was no option for it - we just looked away from the screen and mashed our d-pads) and it made for some good matches.

One time he got Brazil and I got Jamaica. Given that I had no good players, I had to be creative. So I put the 6ft 7 monster reserve goalie up front and managed to beat him thanks to that player heading it down to a striker.

squiddy
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : peacesquid
Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2009-05-29
TGD Reputation : 18
TGD Elite Member Points : 5953

Back to top Go down

Post  sophosuni Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:20 am

Ooooh, so many good moments. I think one of the top ones was playing through the first fallout game for the first time. That game ate my life it was so good. I still smile thinking about all the great little details it had. Or spending weeks heavily modifying Oblivion on the PC and then playing through it as a completely transformed game, that was a sense of achievement.

Online the one memory that sticks out is playing counterstrike at uni years ago. I was on a major roll with the AWP sniper rifle and literally couldn't miss. Everything I aimed for I hit, even shots the length of the map, and one shot killed with that bad boy. I got so much abuse saying I was cheating, or using an aimbot but I wasn't. I had just reached zen counterstrike perfection for a blessed couple of hours.
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : sophosuni
Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2009-09-20
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6591

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderBear10 Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Football Manager 2009 - Leading Wrexham from conference obscurity to a Premier League/Carling Cup double 2 years in a row.

PES 6 - Reaching the top 1000 in the rankings. Not that amazing but for a casual player at the time not 2 bad.

ThunderBear10
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : ThunderBear10
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-09-17
TGD Reputation : 2
TGD Elite Member Points : 5406

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum