The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 dashboard update

+4
Lance the pimp
KENT HAMMER
B L1NE
garymason72
8 posters

Go down

Xbox 360 dashboard update Empty Xbox 360 dashboard update

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:40 pm

Just been browsing and found this intruiging little video showing the new updates to be included in the new dashboard update due out on the 11th August

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 dashboard update Empty Re: Xbox 360 dashboard update

Post  garymason72 Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:16 pm

nice videos soulless, cant believe that guy paid 320 ms points for a little rc car for his avatar, more money than sense
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8344

Back to top Go down

Post  B L1NE Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:50 pm

them prices are messy 4 the avatar clothes
B L1NE
B L1NE
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : B L1NE
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-02-01
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 5847

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 pm

PLEASE nobody buy any avatar clothes, its the biggest rip off ever.
Buying themes is bad enough when the same theme is free on the The Big Black Dust Collector that plays DVD's

Lets start a GSA boycott of all nickle and dime ripoffs!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  B L1NE Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:45 pm

im with you kent SIR!!!!! lol
pure rip off should be half the price even less
should be cheap @least
B L1NE
B L1NE
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : B L1NE
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-02-01
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 5847

Back to top Go down

Post  Lance the pimp Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:59 pm

We should design a dashboard desktop for GSA members. I currently have a custom made megan fox one but would be up for the challenge of making an official GSA one if required.
Lance the pimp
Lance the pimp
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Lance the pimp
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2009-02-13
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 6156

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:08 am

Lance the pimp wrote:We should design a dashboard desktop for GSA members. I currently have a custom made megan fox one but would be up for the challenge of making an official GSA one if required.

Get to it then mate, let's see your best creations

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 dashboard update Empty WOOOOOOOOT

Post  DarkGin87 Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:17 am

Hello

I signed up for the beta preview for the dashboard update due on 11th aug an i been accepted for it,

i will post updates and opinons on the update
an for the people who don't believe me

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

im so excited Very Happy
DarkGin87
DarkGin87
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : DarkGin87
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-06-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5454

Back to top Go down

Post  Lance the pimp Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:32 am

I shall design some, add them to my dashboard and take pics for all to see. I'll send out the most popular one to each member so they can add if they want. I'll have them done by the weekend, will start a new post to show them. Watch this space people!
Lance the pimp
Lance the pimp
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Lance the pimp
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2009-02-13
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 6156

Back to top Go down

Post  DonWeir Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:13 am

I read about this on the IGN site, along with the video they said that it was going to be released on monday past. Perhas they were just talking about the american version but this seems highly irregular for Microsoft not to put both versions out on the same day, even though our version seems a tad lacking in some areas, for example netflix. We don't have this feature due to reasons that are not known to me. Anyone with any info on that topic please tell me
DonWeir
DonWeir
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : DonWeir
Number of posts : 305
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 6005

http://twitter.com/clarkew123

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:33 am

i thought we didnt have netflix because it is an american company that only operates in america, netflix is an online rental service like lovefilm, so if we are going to have a movie rental service on the xbox it would most likely be lovefilm not netflix
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8344

Back to top Go down

Post  DonWeir Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:04 am

garymason72 wrote:i thought we didnt have netflix because it is an american company that only operates in america, netflix is an online rental service like lovefilm, so if we are going to have a movie rental service on the xbox it would most likely be lovefilm not netflix

thanks for clearing that up for me, hopefully we'll see some good movies and tv series coming to us like in america
DonWeir
DonWeir
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : DonWeir
Number of posts : 305
TGD Elite Member Points : 6005

http://twitter.com/clarkew123

Back to top Go down

Post  msross Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:20 am

Cor blimey Govnor! Seems I had been accepted on the preview program too!

does a small install, reboots, does a larger download (said 12 minutes to download when started, seems to be accurate (4mb line speed - don't know if its bandwidth or server limited))

The downside I didn't realise until reading their faqs on the connect site, is that I now cant move that HDD to my other 360 as the updates obviously dont match... bugger.. no more bedtime films or gaming for a fortnight or so.

Its put that ruddy welcome channel back on the dash.. at least they still kept the option to remove it

hmmm. & oddly enough, was looking in the 'solutions' area to see whats new.. there is a content limit of 150 items on halo3 - anyone else know about this? seems you can have more than 150 but items above wont show up within the game.. (dont play halo at all so never encountered it) - But thats the main solution for games in there..

New dashboard version is 2.0.8495.0 - not sure what the original one was

will continue prancing around in there & see whats on it.

Edit :

OK, looking at the features list..

Parties - 'new & improved party reconnections & streamlined party invites' (available now, US Only)
hmm, will have to check whats actually changed for us then.. - tbh, never found the current party system bad.. just the time on opening/closing the dashboard within a game was a pain

& one for Nate - if your gamertag is associated with a LiveID that is no longer valid, it'll now inform you & tell you to alter it (feature available shortly after the update)
& account recovery.. makes it easier & quicker apparently..

Live expiration notification.. hmm. given I do prepay cards rather than CC because its cheaper & doesn't give CC details to MS i'm not sure how good this is..

Auto Vid display detection over HDMI.. - apparently HDMI connections have had problems? dunno I use component.. anyway, HDMI has had updates

hmm. rather subjective this, but Ive just been browsing the market place add-ons.. and it feels faster when its downloading the info.. used to be a long, long wait on the details screen, now it doesnt seem quite so long (but still its not instant by any stretch of imagination)

DLC ratings by user - I can easily see this being abused & made pointless somehow.

Ohh, I haz been gold for 3 years apparently.. does it do anything? - dunno. I cant see other peoples times on my FL - might be because they don't have the update? - seems pointless

in the profile section, there's now a thingy that shows the cumulative collection of all achievements together - 65348/110315 with 31 complete.. I likes me some of that... except the 31 completed thing only shows the icons of 12 & doesn't allow that to be scrolled or anything.

they have also messed up the rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle for monkey island avatar stuff...
the chicken they have is just holding the pulley.. wheres the comedy in that? massive fail from MS/lucasarts there & showing they just dont know how loyal us chicken/pulley addicts are.
Also, Ive read that If I buy one of the marketplace things now, it doesnt show up to other people.. Im presuming this is because they dont have the update & therefore dont have the code for it.. Will put people off Im sure.. but itll be fine once the whole thing rolls out.

in summary - for us brits, its not much to be getting excited about.. Im also not going to be buying avatar kack, but the unlocking in games should be fun at least (hopefully the stuff fits my little avatars size)

Last edited by msross on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
msross
msross
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : msross
Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-07-16
TGD Elite Member Points : 5814

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:23 am

Pretty much with Gary on this one, been doing some research and netflix is currently available only in the us and it costs $8.99 or £5.41 a month for a netflix account and everyone who chooses to watch a film in the party must pay this fee, seems a little unfair to Xbox360 users to make them pay for even more content that really isn't that user friendly and has a very limited selection at the moment. We'll probably get lumbered with the BT Vision thing for watching movies.

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 dashboard update Empty just to add

Post  DarkGin87 Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:10 pm

msross wrote:Cor blimey Govnor! Seems I had been accepted on the preview program too!

does a small install, reboots, does a larger download (said 12 minutes to download when started, seems to be accurate (4mb line speed - don't know if its bandwidth or server limited))

The downside I didn't realise until reading their faqs on the connect site, is that I now cant move that HDD to my other 360 as the updates obviously dont match... bugger.. no more bedtime films or gaming for a fortnight or so.

Its put that ruddy welcome channel back on the dash.. at least they still kept the option to remove it

hmmm. & oddly enough, was looking in the 'solutions' area to see whats new.. there is a content limit of 150 items on halo3 - anyone else know about this? seems you can have more than 150 but items above wont show up within the game.. (dont play halo at all so never encountered it) - But thats the main solution for games in there..

New dashboard version is 2.0.8495.0 - not sure what the original one was

will continue prancing around in there & see whats on it.

Edit :

OK, looking at the features list..

Parties - 'new & improved party reconnections & streamlined party invites' (available now, US Only)
hmm, will have to check whats actually changed for us then.. - tbh, never found the current party system bad.. just the time on opening/closing the dashboard within a game was a pain

& one for Nate - if your gamertag is associated with a LiveID that is no longer valid, it'll now inform you & tell you to alter it (feature available shortly after the update)
& account recovery.. makes it easier & quicker apparently..

Live expiration notification.. hmm. given I do prepay cards rather than CC because its cheaper & doesn't give CC details to MS i'm not sure how good this is..

Auto Vid display detection over HDMI.. - apparently HDMI connections have had problems? dunno I use component.. anyway, HDMI has had updates

hmm. rather subjective this, but Ive just been browsing the market place add-ons.. and it feels faster when its downloading the info.. used to be a long, long wait on the details screen, now it doesnt seem quite so long (but still its not instant by any stretch of imagination)

DLC ratings by user - I can easily see this being abused & made pointless somehow.

Ohh, I haz been gold for 3 years apparently.. does it do anything? - dunno. I cant see other peoples times on my FL - might be because they don't have the update? - seems pointless

in the profile section, there's now a thingy that shows the cumulative collection of all achievements together - 65348/110315 with 31 complete.. I likes me some of that... except the 31 completed thing only shows the icons of 12 & doesn't allow that to be scrolled or anything.

they have also messed up the rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle for monkey island avatar stuff...
the chicken they have is just holding the pulley.. wheres the comedy in that? massive fail from MS/lucasarts there & showing they just dont know how loyal us chicken/pulley addicts are.
Also, Ive read that If I buy one of the marketplace things now, it doesnt show up to other people.. Im presuming this is because they dont have the update & therefore dont have the code for it.. Will put people off Im sure.. but itll be fine once the whole thing rolls out.

in summary - for us brits, its not much to be getting excited about.. Im also not going to be buying avatar kack, but the unlocking in games should be fun at least (hopefully the stuff fits my little avatars size)

Just to add the things you didn't mention

When joining and leaving a party now you get a beep down your Mic, I'm wondering if this is to do with reconnect feature. it may seem annoying at times but you get use to it. an they sound only happens when YOU join or leave

The golden member number is just show how long you been a gold member

Another feature is on the "My xbox" tab there a new green xbox called solutions which shows a mini troubleshoot guide

You can now eject the disc using your controller too

On the achievements screen there a new window that shows your completed games and also you can launch your games from that window now

also you can switch profiles much quicker

on the dashboard button screen there is a few new features there when your on the games tab and marketplace tab

on the games tab there is awards

and the marketplace tab there is video & music marketplace and avatar marketplace

Also the 1v100 prime time channel as had a little lift it seems alot nicer looking and more like the US event channel they have( but it still not a proper channel)

Also this beta preview was finished on the 20th on july and may have more features once the finish product goes live
DarkGin87
DarkGin87
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : DarkGin87
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-06-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5454

Back to top Go down

Post  PJ RISING Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:53 am

Thanks guys for the info, but this seems pointless to me, not going to buy any films to watch or avatars clothing. I think they should have worked on the connection problems ect; that would be more help to everone. Smile
PJ RISING
PJ RISING
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : PJ RISING
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2009-05-08
TGD Reputation : 7
TGD Elite Member Points : 5943

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content