The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Things you didn't know about Dirt Rally

4 posters

Go down

10 Things you didn't know about Dirt Rally Empty 10 Things you didn't know about Dirt Rally

Post  Becky Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:09 pm

Dirt Rally the next evolution of what started out as Colin McRae rally (a game I owned on PC back in 99ish) is looking absolutely stunning, I think absolutely stunning doesn't actually bring this game justice actually, here's a trailer for you to drool over whilst you wish it was April already. No Codemasters aren't paying me, maybe they should though...

And here's the 10 things you didn't know about Dirt, by chief game designer at Codies Paul Coleman

1. We record the co driver calls live in a D-Box motion seat while the stage is being driven. This maximises the sense of speed and impact in the co driver’s voice. We even use a Stilo crash helmet and intercom system to make sure that the recording sounds as authentic as possible.

2. Our level design team have had their fair share of adventures while away on their research trips. They’ve trodden on tarantula nests, been bitten by hornets and have even been chased by angry Finnish farmers brandishing pitchforks.

3. Our vehicle artists go into so much detail when they are modelling the vehicle interiors that they even capture the hand and finger prints that are left by the vehicle owners.

4. We have a selection of special Daily Events that reference things we teased on social media prior to launch. Keep an eye out for #Mk2Mondays, #ThatCar and #ThrowbackThursday events.

5.The WWGFD? Trophy is actually a reference to one of our Community Members called Greg Flinchbaugh. When we were in the early stages of developing DiRT Rally Greg posted an awesome response when we asked “What do you like best about rally?” From that point onwards we always asked ourselves – What would Greg Flinchbaugh do?

6. Watch out for local wildlife crossing the road on some stages. You can see a fox in Wales, a squirrel in Finland and a moose in Sweden.

7.Neil Cole who does the voice over for the Rallycross spotter is actually one of the presenters of the FIA World Rallycross broadcast. He spends most of the race weekend in the spotters tower doing post race interviews.

8.The driver model in the game is actually Jon Tucker who worked with us as our vehicle handling consultant during the development of DiRT Rally. The co driver model is based on me because I also voice the co driver calls in game.

9.One of the working titles for DiRT Rally was DiRT Pulse.

10.If you look closely you’ll find a queue for one of the toilets in the Sweet Lamb Fan Zone in Wales. We do love queuing in Britain!
Becky
Becky
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2015-12-04
TGD Reputation : 4
TGD Elite Member Points : 3921

Back to top Go down

10 Things you didn't know about Dirt Rally Empty Re: 10 Things you didn't know about Dirt Rally

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:58 am

Epic!

Cannot wait!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13824
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25610

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

10 Things you didn't know about Dirt Rally Empty Re: 10 Things you didn't know about Dirt Rally

Post  dazzamann Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:58 am

Thanks for this, another game gets added to the growing list of games that I want.
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7153

Back to top Go down

Post  D3M0NiZe Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:03 pm

Will pre order...a must buy for me.
D3M0NiZe
D3M0NiZe
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : D3M0NiZe
Number of posts : 781
Registration date : 2010-03-07
TGD Reputation : 26
TGD Elite Member Points : 6057

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down