The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS4 sales are at 35.9 Million (Sounds high but is actually quite low)

4 posters

Go down

PS4 sales are at 35.9 Million (Sounds high but is actually quite low) Empty PS4 sales are at 35.9 Million (Sounds high but is actually quite low)

Post  Becky Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:55 pm

As of the 3rd January this year worldwide PS4 sales are at 35.9 million. It sounds might impressive and is significantly higher than XBONE's last recorded figure of 10 million that was at the end of 2014 though, even still it seems Sony have won the war this generation with Microsoft giving up on reported consoles sales. However the Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3 all sold over 80 million each so a few years in the leading console only selling 35.9 million is actually rather depressing as sales will only continue to slow.

The really depressing thing here is how many people are missing out such fantastic gaming as games have never been so good and such good value for money, yes the RRP might be higher than ever, but who pays RRP nowadays? Even £10 can buy a whole lotta game when sales are on now. Consoles can be had effectively cheaper too, I've never spent more than £200 on a home console, £200 when PS1 had been out a few years was more than £200 for my PS4 last December.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The chart clearly shows gaming hardware sales have fallen over the last 10 years.

We all know the problem and thats mobile gaming, all we can do now is get our pitchforks and go on a hunt for all people who actually spend money on mobile games, or just hope as time goes on enough people stay loyal to console gaming and enough young uns' keep up our great hobby.

Sorry for the complete tangent by the way.
Becky
Becky
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2015-12-04
TGD Reputation : 4
TGD Elite Member Points : 3927

Back to top Go down

PS4 sales are at 35.9 Million (Sounds high but is actually quite low) Empty Re: PS4 sales are at 35.9 Million (Sounds high but is actually quite low)

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:06 pm

I am not sure about these figures.

I heard that both PS4 and XONE had far outsold the previous gen at the same stage.

So more XONE then 360 and more PS4 than PS3 at the same two year point
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

PS4 sales are at 35.9 Million (Sounds high but is actually quite low) Empty Re: PS4 sales are at 35.9 Million (Sounds high but is actually quite low)

Post  Colne Crusader Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:38 am

The current gen have only been around 2 years so versus the 10 years for 360 and ps3, they have time to catch up. Plus I think the ps4 has far outsold the 360 if you compare the two machines' first two years of sales.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:45 am

The 360 was in front of PS3 until pretty much the end when PS3 overtook, if the PS4 can keep it's current momentum it may reach the heights of PS3 (which sold less than Wii) but Wii U and XBONE are waaaaayyyy behind and don't stand a chance of reaching last gens numbers, overall there will be a massive fall in consoles unless the NX is amazing and makes up for it. However I do believe console sales are doing well in the UK.
Becky
Becky
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:56 am

I think console sales probably will wane in general as you say. There will be peaks and troughs no doubt though with the coming release of certain games or accessories
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:33 am

Also if you think about it, it would be in Sony's best interest to report that the PS4 out sold PS3 in the first 2 years as it would be good for share prices as it shows stability in a market that some business analysts think in is decline (I read one even saying he think this'll be the last console generation, though I think he probably just said that to get himself mentioned). Therefore I would say it's fairly safe to assume the PS4 has sold less worldwide than the PS3 in the first 2 years and the depressing thing is the PS4 this time is the market leader by a fair distance, last time the PS3 had to play serious catch up. However I don't doubt that in the UK at least current gen sales are above previous gen (minus Nintendo) for the first 2 years.
Becky
Becky
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:56 am

From what I can gather the ps4 has far outsold the ps3 in the first two years. The ps3 had a poor launch with an expensive price point.

Console sales are bound to wane as there are casual gamers nowadays and many more hardware options for the casuals to adopt. It's up to the Sony and MS to make their machines the go to place for everyone.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:16 pm

The main point for me is a simple one.

I will buy every console ever released and would love to see more!

How exciting would it be to have a Sega or Amiga comeback!

I pray Nintendo finally gives us an achievement system on the NX
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  watty8883 Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:11 pm

I agree with Kent it is good to have multiple systems each challenge the others for innovation. I haven't seen that many quality exclusives Playstation wise to tempt me this generation though. Playstation just seems such a lonely place to game TBH.

watty8883
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Watty8883
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-11-16
TGD Reputation : 5
TGD Elite Member Points : 5516

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down