The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ubisoft Says Farewell to Last-Gen Gamers (Sort of)

4 posters

Go down

Ubisoft Says Farewell to Last-Gen Gamers (Sort of) Empty Ubisoft Says Farewell to Last-Gen Gamers (Sort of)

Post  stevewithak Thu May 14, 2015 8:48 am

The writing has been on the wall for a while now, what with the last-gen Assassin's Creed exclusives, rather than a fully fledged version of AC: Unity. But now Ubisoft have confirmed it in a financial call to investors: No more games for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Instead, they're going to wholly focus on current-gen consoles, as they're doing with the newest Assassin's Creed.

In fact, the only IP to remain available for all gens is the rhythm-based Just Dance. Obviously, we're all breathing a huge sigh of relief at that. Even the status of the Wii U is unknown. Sure, they previously said that Watch Dogs will be the only mature game made by them for Nintendo's under-valued machine, and it's thought that Just Dance will also make it to the Wii U - but no-one really knows for sure.

But what is certain is that, when it comes to the 360 and the PS3, Ubisoft are saying: Game over, man. Game over.

stevewithak
unaddicted
unaddicted

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2015-04-08
TGD Reputation : 10
TGD Elite Member Points : 3475

Back to top Go down

Ubisoft Says Farewell to Last-Gen Gamers (Sort of) Empty Re: Ubisoft Says Farewell to Last-Gen Gamers (Sort of)

Post  Sedgendary Thu May 14, 2015 11:08 am

I'd imagine that this will be the case for most publishers in the near future, hopefully that means we won't be getting the sorts of launch issues we have over the last year or so anymore
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5241

Back to top Go down

Ubisoft Says Farewell to Last-Gen Gamers (Sort of) Empty Re: Ubisoft Says Farewell to Last-Gen Gamers (Sort of)

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu May 14, 2015 12:08 pm

Yeah, good news.

We have enough of a back catalog on last gen to keep us going for years anyway Very Happy

I am yet to be wowed graphically by any new gen games
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25624

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  watty8883 Thu May 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Hands down my favourite publisher on 360, plenty of 360 titles for me to work though still as I take my time with them and enjoy them !

watty8883
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Watty8883
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-11-16
TGD Reputation : 5
TGD Elite Member Points : 5523

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum