The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Aiming Down Sights for Star Wars Battlefront

5 posters

Go down

No Aiming Down Sights for Star Wars Battlefront Empty No Aiming Down Sights for Star Wars Battlefront

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri May 08, 2015 7:14 am

Star Wars Battlefront does not feature aim-down-ironsights, developer DICE has said.

Executive producer Patrick Bach told OXM (via GamesRadar) that while some rifles have scopes, there are no ironsights in the game.

"There are no ironsights in Star Wars, on the ordinary blasters," Bach said. "You have scopes on some rifles, but there are no ironsights."

DICE's Battlefront, then, is more akin to previous games in the series, which allowed players to shoot from the hip, than DICE's own Battlefield series, which features aim-down-sights.

In fact, it seems DICE is keen for Battlefront to play significantly differently to Battlefield.

"We're not taking into account what we've done before, because I think that would be disrespectful to the fans, and to what we're trying to achieve here," Bach explained.

"A lot of the things you saw in the game have nothing to do with anything we've done before. Some features of course resemble [our other shooters], because we want to make the best possible shooter, but in general we've tried to do something completely unique."

Earlier this week DICE revealed Battlefront will have 12 multiplayer maps. "Some of the maps support our epic modes like Walker Assault, while others are tailored to more intimate, close quarters combat," DICE said.

Star Wars Battlefront does not feature a campaign. Rather, it features "crafted missions" that are played solo, with a friend via split-screen offline or cooperatively online. The game has a maximum player count of 40.

During battles players can switch from a first-person perspective to a third-person perspective at will. You'll also be able to customise your characters, choosing gear, weapons and abilities - although don't expect to be able to put a pink cape on Darth Vader.
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7474

Back to top Go down

No Aiming Down Sights for Star Wars Battlefront Empty Re: No Aiming Down Sights for Star Wars Battlefront

Post  dazzamann Fri May 08, 2015 8:05 am

Thanks for sharing mate, looking forward to this.
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7176

Back to top Go down

No Aiming Down Sights for Star Wars Battlefront Empty Re: No Aiming Down Sights for Star Wars Battlefront

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri May 08, 2015 8:34 am

Yeah, glad they are keeping it the same Smile
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Fri May 08, 2015 12:06 pm

Nice Smile would really like to see some gameplay of this. Battlefront was my first console online play on my old faithful PS2. Thanks for the info Jabbaboy Geezer Wink
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6703

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri May 08, 2015 12:17 pm

TreeMunky wrote:Nice Smile would really like to see some gameplay of this.  Battlefront was my first console online play on my old faithful PS2.  Thanks for the info Jabbaboy Geezer Wink

Me too mate, on my original xbox, still play it on the 360 occasionally Smile
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Fri May 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Managed to get battlefront 2 to work online on pc recently even though its no longer supported. Still a lot of fun. Looking forward to this. Glad they are still doing from the hip shooting and the 1st/3rd person.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10130

Back to top Go down

Post  LethalThreat74 Fri May 08, 2015 4:57 pm

I really liked the previous games so I'm excited to see how this one pans out. Hopefully they're not gonna mess it up.
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4636

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum