The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evolve: Tier 4 Hunters revealed and Behemoth release date!!

5 posters

Go down

Evolve: Tier 4 Hunters revealed and Behemoth release date!! Empty Evolve: Tier 4 Hunters revealed and Behemoth release date!!

Post  Fatboy Geezer Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:35 pm

INTRODUCING EVOLVE’S NEXT FOUR HUNTERS

The planet Shear has gone to hell. The once-thriving border world, now overrun by Monsters. While Cabot’s elite team of Hunters have done their damnedest to evacuate colonists, they need help. Lots of help. The four new Hunters weren’t called from another planet, but were already on Shear.

Now, it’s time to meet the four new Hunters coming March 31 to all platforms. (Along with some pro-tips from TRS’ Jess Damerst for each of the new Hunters.)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

TORVALD (ASSAULT)
“I HAVE CROSSED THE DEPTHS OF SPACE TO FIND YOU, BEAST! I AM YOUR DEATH!” - TORVALD
Torvald has a Goliath-sized beef with Monsters. Survivor of a Monster attack, Torvald was nearly torn to pieces. Rebuilt into a half-human walking tank, Torvald is heading to Shear with a head full of revenge. Besides cybernetic implants, he’s sporting back-mounted Mortar Cannons. As deadly as those mortar rounds are at a distance, Torvald is straight-up vicious, up close. Toss a Shrapnel Grenade and he peppers a target with weak spots. That’s when you unload rounds from his Autofire Shotgun and rack up some serious bonus damage.

TRS Tip: Torvald’s Mortar is obviously great for splash damage at a distance, but you can also aim straight up for a close-range drop. Combine that with the Shrapnel Grenade to bring the Monster a world of pain.

CROW (TRAPPER)
“THESE THINGS ARE TOUGH….WONDER HOW THEY TASTE.” –CROW
Crow is a bit of a recluse. He actually retired to the unsettled parts of Shear to be left alone – until the Monsters came and screwed everything up. He understands the planet better than most, which makes him perfectly suited as a Trapper. Now, Crow and his trained pet Batray, Gobi, are going to get rid of the Monsters one dome at a time. On command, Gobi flies ahead to scout an area and lets Crow “see” nearby creatures. Gobi flies out a couple hundred meters at most in line-of-sight, eventually finding its way back to its master. Crow’s Stasis Gun has two firing modes: A rapid-fire mode briefly slows down the Monster, but a charged shot will drop a Monster to a crawl for a longer period of time. Then there is his Kinetic Long Rifle. The rapid-fire mode deals lots of damage-per-second, but charge the shot and he is able to punch straight through a Monster’s armor and damage its health. It’s sneaky and vicious. Just like Crow.

TRS Tip: Send Gobi out often. He should be looking for the Monster even when you’re in a dome to keep tabs on it. Also, try to stick with the charged shot with the Stasis Gun – it will slow the monster longer, as opposed to short-burst shots.

SLIM (MEDIC)
“YOU GOT TOO MUCH HEALTH, GOLIATH! GIMME SOME!” - SLIM
A forgotten solider from a forgotten war, Slim is not human – not anymore. His DNA was genetically modified so much that this combat medic resembles some insectoid hybrid. All of Slim’s abilities not only mess with the Monster, he has some unique ways to keep his fellow Hunters in the fight. His primary weapon, the Leech Gun, saps strength from the Monster and that fuels how quickly his Healing Burst reloads. His Healing Burst also happens to have the largest radius compared to all the other Medics. Slim’s Healing drone buzzes around the battlefield, targeting teammates and helping them regenerate health over time. As soon as the Hunter getting healed is attacked, the drone returns to Slim. Of course, the Monster can’t hurt what it can’t find and Slim’s Spore Cloud Launcher masks the scent of the Hunters, giving you the perfect opportunity to get in close.

TRS Tip: Fire the Leech Gun often – even if you don’t think you’re hitting anything. The Leech gun is how Slim replenishes the Medic Heal Burst ability. The more shots you take at the wildlife (and the Monster), the faster it recharges!

SUNNY (SUPPORT)
“YAY! WE DID IT! WHY DIDN’T ANYONE BELIEVE ME? YOU GUYS ARE SUCH DOWNERS.” - SUNNY
Sunny goes a long ways back with Abe and Parnell before coming to Shear. (In fact, Sunny was one of the original four Hunters, back when Evolve was first created.) Now the ace pilot, engineer and eternal optimist is coming to help her old squadmates. As support, she’s protecting the team with Shield Drones that will cover nearby teammates and take the hits for the Hunters. In order to help them with a quick escape, Sunny’s Jetpack Booster lets teammates fly further, faster and not run out of juice while in range. All that said, Sunny is perfectly capable of dishing it out. Her Mininuke Grenade Launcher packs more punch in a single projectile than any other hand-wielded weapon in the game.

TRS Tip: Jetpack Boost teammates that are being attacked so they can dodge out of the way as much as possible. Also, if you’re hot on the trail of the Monster, Jetpack Boost your Trapper so that they can keep pace and drop a dome on it.

Would you rather start snacking on Hunters? No worries – we have you covered as well. We just announced that the fourth Monster, Behemoth, is also coming at you – on all platforms – on March 31.

Happy Hunting!
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7457

Back to top Go down

Evolve: Tier 4 Hunters revealed and Behemoth release date!! Empty Re: Evolve: Tier 4 Hunters revealed and Behemoth release date!!

Post  Asurans Progeny Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Sweet, seeing as they're giving us free maps I might actually pay for their season pass...maybe Razz
Asurans Progeny
Asurans Progeny
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Asurans Progeny
Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2010-02-12
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 6569

Back to top Go down

Evolve: Tier 4 Hunters revealed and Behemoth release date!! Empty Re: Evolve: Tier 4 Hunters revealed and Behemoth release date!!

Post  Fatboy Geezer Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:44 pm

I already have mate, did it last week, couldn't help myself, cant wait to get stuck into these!
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Ackter Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Still not convinced any of their DLC will actually be worth it.
Ackter
Ackter
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ackter
Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2015-02-23
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 4548

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:18 pm

Depends what you want out of it, I for one have gotten a hell of a lot of fun out of this game and am quite happy to pay for some extras, especially when all the game modes and maps are free.

I am really looking forward to seeing the difference in play style on all of the hunters and the monster Very Happy
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:23 pm

nice post fbg

have a little bit of ye olde reppy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Asurans Progeny Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:45 pm

To be fair adding just 4 hunters adds to the amount of diffrent teams you could have. Gonna be cool to see how well we get these fellas working together.

Looking forward to tonight, love this game when it's woth a team!
Asurans Progeny
Asurans Progeny
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Asurans Progeny
Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2010-02-12
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 6569

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Everton wrote:nice post fbg

have a little bit of ye olde reppy!

Cheers big un Smile

Asurans Progeny wrote:To be fair adding just 4 hunters adds to the amount of diffrent teams you could have. Gonna be cool to see how well we get these fellas working together.

Looking forward to tonight, love this game when it's woth a team!

Absolutely, will be fun to work out the synergie of who works well with who and how they will mix with the current hunters
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedgendary Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Really need to get back into playing this, but been far too distracted with Titanfall, should be hitting Gen 7 tonight Smile
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5234

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:19 pm

Yes you should!
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:12 am

After playing this last night i was listening to the utterly amazing dialogue that the hunters have in the drop ship and it sounds like the TRS guys have updated it with some new ones, there was specific reference to Slim the new medic last night which i had never heard before. Keep your ears open people!
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:53 am

Fantastic read dude, rep for you on the size of your screenshots Smile Cannot wait to see how the mix of different teams will work together. I like the back story of them all already having been on Shear. Roll on release day.
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6686

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:06 am

Cheers! I ripped them straight from the evolve blog, pretty high res but difficult to get looking good on a forum. Either way, they look badass Smile
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:08 pm

New hunters/monster will be arriving with a balance patch.

'LocoPojo:  @macman I assume the Behemoth patch includes the balance changes as well?

@macman (Co-Founder Chris Ashton): Yup. We were trying to get the balance patch out sooner, but worse case the new numbers will be in here On March 31st.'

Reading on some other forums 'Krakken pounce spamming' is a know issue and should be getting a nerf Twisted Evil

Krakken player laughing his arse off on TRS forum about it

'maybe if we start talking about pounce style fighting with Krakken they will understand.

So here goes with Krakken you can actually play alot on the ground and in the hunters face by doing one auto+mine into pounce attack then cancel into vortex+pounce cancel to auto+mine destroying full shield assault in 3 seconds or so.

Then rince and repeat using alot of pounce.'

Last edited by TreeMunky on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:19 pm

i got really confused about that, i may need to load data into my brain more slowly
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:27 pm

Fatboy Geezer wrote:i got really confused about that, i may need to load data into my brain more slowly

Haha no worries was two lots of different info

New hunters + new monster = balance patch

Krakkens pounce * spamming = not for much longer

Smile
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Thanks for translating dude! Very Happy
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:51 pm

Do you think the phone app will be updated to include the new hunters?
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:20 pm

Ooooh, not thought about that, maybe!
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:51 am

Nerding out with Fatboy on this over weekend, discussion came up about dialogue mix between original 12 hunters and four new hunters.

Found this dev reply on the TRS forums.

'Yes. . .eventually.

The new four talk to each other (a lot, they have more dialog with each other than any of the original 12 have with each other) and will interject into some of the longer dropship conversations.

But it's going to be a while before their dialog with the original hunters is recorded and in the game. That's an unhappy side effect of our development schedule.'
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:11 pm

Nice find fella!!

Just seen you have joined up
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Some updated info for the new hunters.

The new four talk to each other (a lot, they have more dialog with each other than any of the original 12 have with each other) and will interject into some of the longer dropship conversations.

But it's going to be a while before their dialog with the original hunters is recorded and in the game. That's an unhappy side effect of our development schedule.
Matthew:
I wish we could have done everything all at once, but on the other hand when it came time to solve the problem of getting the new heroes to talk to the old heroes, 2K sprung for the whole nine yards and I was given the time to write another couple hundred banter conversations and bring all the actors back.

To give you some context, there's only about 60 dropship conversations in the game right now. There's another 300+ coming online in various future patches and releases.

I suspect this is the last time this will happen. I'm not sure the producers anticipated how popular the dropship banter was going to be. Any heroes we release after the New Four should have banter with everyone who came before them.

Torvald the New Assault:

MacMan:
Torvald's Details
All Assaults have a heavy damage dealer that is limited in some way and then a weaker but more reliable damage dealer.

Torvald's heavy damage dealer is his mortars. They have a minimum range (do not work at his feet) and they can hit overhead obstacles. His shotgun fires an eight round burst with one trigger pull. It has less spread than Parnells so it's better at range but does less damage. He can make up for it a bit when used in conjunction with the shrapnel grenades and resulting +50% damage weak spots. It's fun to combo your own stuff.

Slim the New Medic:

MacMan:
Primary Weapon
It's like a shotgun. Each pellet that hits the target returns a specified amount of cooldown time on Slim's heal burst. If you're too far away, you can't land enough pellets to heal your teammates effectively. Gotta get in close. That's where your Spore Cloud Grenades come in. Addition by @ReleaseDaKraken (Grenades mask the team from being "Sensed" by the monster and removes red footprints left by cloaked hunters.)
MacMan:
Upgraded Healing burst
The other medics all have a 15 meter heal burst radius. Slim's is 30 meters. We changed his heal burst vfx to green rings to help players see how far out into the world it goes.
Slim also has a drone that heals one teammate until it is attacked, afterwards returning to Slim.

Crow the New Trapper:

MacMan:
Crow's personal batray
Gobi reveals creatures within a radius of him as he flies through the map. Gobi flies in a straight line so you need to look for long sight lines through the map. The outlines only last two seconds as Gobi passes by. As Crow, you constantly send Gobi flying. It is a very active character.

MacMan:
Main Weapon
I played in a match today, Stage 3 Behemoth with low health, he got away and armored up. Four charged long rifle shots from Crow and Behemoth fell with at least 1400 armor points remaining.
Crow also has a Stasis Gun that win fired normally slows the monster down (like Val's Tranq Gun) but when charged up brings the monster to a crawl (like abe's stasis grenade)

Sunny the New Support:

MacMan:
Sunny's Mini Nuke Launcher
Single shot. The grenades fly pretty slow, arc and have a slight delay before exploding after they hit, so you need to lead a bit. They have a fairly large blast radius, but damage falls off so accuracy and proper prediction pay off.

At 3 meters the damage is 100%. It goes to 0% damage at 8 meters and is a linear falloff.

Yeah, usually we avoid damage falloff, but with these slow moving grenades, accuracy became part of the mini-game.

MacMan:
Sunny's Shield Drone
Just one. Similar ammo capacity to Hank but the drone does not move after being deployed so placement is key. The battery starts empty, so you can't just throw it down when someone is getting hurt. You need to anticipate a bit.
Sunny Also has a beam that doubles the jetpack speed of any targeted hunter. (Ex: Beam up Hyde to Kraken so he can use FlameThrower)

SlabOMeat:
We have a long term commitment to the Evolve IP. Continue to support, improve, and expand.
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:40 pm

Thats a great find mate! Must have missed it on the TRS forum. Have some luvverly rep
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum