The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What game would you like to see resurrected.

+6
KENT HAMMER
Fatboy Geezer
Colne Crusader
dazzamann
Ackter
Stee01
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What game would you like to see resurrected. Empty What game would you like to see resurrected.

Post  Stee01 Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:59 am

I came across a link from ign website about what game would you like to see to make a come back. I thought it might be a interesting discussion on here. I know some people don't like to see old games to be remade, well tough I want to talk about it Razz. Ign has made a list of 11 games and they are 1. Viva Piñata. 2. Kung Fu Chaos. 3. Brute Force. 4. Battletoads. 5. Nightcaster. 6. Kameo: Elements of Power. 7. Conkers. 8.Rc Pro Am. 9. True Fantasy Live Online. 10. Shadowrun. 11. Wizards and Warriors.

To be honest I have never heard some of these games which is shock for me cause I enjoy playing different games. Never heard of Kung Fu Chaos, Battletoads, Nightcaster, Rc Pro am, True Fantasy Live Online and also Wizard and Warriors. So I don't know what they are like. I would love to see a new Brute Force  game has I really enjoyed that squad tactics game and and the first squad game I played. Loved how different members got different abilities too. Was a bit gutted that a sequel never came out. I think Viva Piñata could make a great kinnect game. Another game that was not on the list but I don't think Microsoft owned it, a game called Black, was a very good game too.
Sorry the list was made up of mostly Microsoft games. I only had Xbox, Xbox 360 and now Xboxone. Can't really think of  the first PS games that stand out for me apart from Crash Bandicoot and Tekken. If you got a game that you really enjoyed but its not on the list or any other old console games,please tell and why you enjoyed it.

Last edited by Stee01 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6412

Back to top Go down

What game would you like to see resurrected. Empty Re: What game would you like to see resurrected.

Post  Ackter Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:24 am

DecapAttack, the greatest game of all time.
Ackter
Ackter
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ackter
Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2015-02-23
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 4548

Back to top Go down

What game would you like to see resurrected. Empty Re: What game would you like to see resurrected.

Post  dazzamann Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:36 am

Bruce Lee - loved playing that as a kid
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7159

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:42 am

Loved Decapattack and Bruce Lee on the c64. Quality stuff. The game I most want to see at the moment is a Resident Evil 2 remake and apparently Capcom are considering it . There is a sizeable petition to get it done too.

Quite like the idea of a KungFu Chaos remake. That was a fun game.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:05 pm

These three games were awesome on the N64 and I would love to see them remade

Extreme G

Diddy Kong Racing

and the obvious

Goldeneye
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7457

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:12 pm

I agree with FB, Diddy kong racing was awesome!

But the first choice has to be FZero, the last new game was on the Gamecube and every ninty fan would love a new one.

KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:18 pm

Shadowrun had a succesful Kickstarter campaign for PC, Shadowrun Returns and the game is really good (way better than the 360 iteration...) I would love to see a modern version of Solar Jetman: Hunt for the Golden Warship from the NES. I own a NES just for this game and play it regularly with my beloved NES Advantage Smile Jet Force Gemini for the N64 would be great to see as a reboot. Good to see a bulk of the titles in the list are Rare games Smile Picked up Kung Fu Chaos in a charity shop the other day.
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6686

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:23 pm

KENT HAMMER wrote:But the first choice has to be FZero, the last new game was on the Gamecube and every ninty fan would love a new one.

Pretty sure there has been a GBA game out of FZero? could be wrong though. Agreed whatever the case i would like to see Ninty release the an anniversary version with the track editor that was made for the N64DD.
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:13 pm

I didn't have a N64 so I never played any of these games apart from Goldeneye.  I could be wrong but didn't Nintendo made a newer version of Goldeneye?
They did do remake of F-Zero called F-Zero Climax  for the Gameboy advanced cause I use to like that game back then on my sister's Gameboy advance. So that one doesn't count Razz I am talking original games that they didn't do a sequel.(I know I am beeing a picky bas***d lol).

Then again wasn't there a second version of Viva Piñata?

Last edited by Stee01 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:27 pm

I managed to get this bike unlocked when i was a kid, Neon, best bike in the game. full attributes, ridiculously fast, as you can see from the video. Great twitch gaming, super quick reactions were definitely needed, especially when you hit the NoS, watch the end of the vid for EXTREME speed.

(see what i did there)

It also had a wicked soundtrack!

Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:37 pm

Fatboy Geezer wrote:I managed to get this bike unlocked when i was a kid, Neon, best bike in the game. full attributes, ridiculously fast, as you can see from the video. Great twitch gaming, super quick reactions were definitely needed, especially when you hit the NoS, watch the end of the vid for EXTREME speed.

(see what i did there)

Loved this game Smile did have a sequel though so Stee rules states you got to stop spamming us about it Wink
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:45 pm

TreeMunky wrote:Shadowrun had a succesful Kickstarter campaign for PC, Shadowrun Returns and the game is really good (way better than the 360 iteration...) I would love to see a modern version of Solar Jetman: Hunt for the Golden Warship from the NES.  I own a NES just for this game and play it regularly with my beloved NES Advantage Smile Jet Force Gemini for the N64 would be great to see as a reboot.  Good to see a bulk of the titles in the list are Rare games Smile Picked up Kung Fu Chaos in a charity shop the other day.

I enjoyed Shadowrun on back on the 360, it was one of my fav mp game back then. This is why I would like to have a gaming pc, love to play this again.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedgendary Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Freelancer

Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5234

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:23 pm

TreeMunky wrote:
Fatboy Geezer wrote:I managed to get this bike unlocked when i was a kid, Neon, best bike in the game. full attributes, ridiculously fast, as you can see from the video. Great twitch gaming, super quick reactions were definitely needed, especially when you hit the NoS, watch the end of the vid for EXTREME speed.

(see what i did there)

Loved this game Smile did have a sequel though so Stee rules states you got to stop spamming us about it Wink

NEEEEVVVVAAAAAA!!!!
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Fatboy Geezer wrote:
TreeMunky wrote:

(see what i did there)

NEEEEVVVVAAAAAA!!!!
Lol I allow this one :p lol there was a sequel to Viva Piñata. So its my mistake. Not sure they did a sequel or not but I would like to see reboot of Silk Worm. Great 1-2 player game back on the Amiga days.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:39 pm

there are a shed load of titles I have played through during the last 40 odd years that I would love to see rebooted

However the ign list contained none of them

shadowrun and viva pinshitta should not have been made first time round let alone rebooted

ign writer must have been on acid to compile that list of bobbins

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Lol Everton that's why I changed it a little bit to any platform. That's whas ign list for the Xboxone. It was only something to talk about, since the forum was a little quiet. I enjoyed Shadowrun one of the few mp game that you do have to work has a team and not just a run and gun play.
I thought to work for ign, you got to be on a acid trip.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  LethalThreat74 Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:06 pm

I'd have to say
streets of rage series (mega drive)
road rash (ps1)
night trap (mega cd)

LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4619

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:16 pm

LethalThreat74 wrote: night trap (mega cd)

There was a pretty shameful Kickstarter put together for a Night Trap reboot that fell flat on its arse so I cant imagine this would ever happen. Maybe one day?
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:51 pm

Stee01 wrote:Lol Everton that's why I  changed it a little bit to any platform. That's whas ign list for the Xboxone. It was only something to talk about, since the forum was a little quiet. I enjoyed Shadowrun one of the few mp game that you do have to work has a team and not just a run and gun play.
I thought to work for ign, you got to be on a acid trip.

lol.... I always thought it stood for I Got Nofuckinclue

great topic btw stee matey

I would love to see some of the proper old games done right for next gen. the arsebleedingly bad c64 conversion of the worlds greatest ever game, Bombjack could surely be wiped from our minds with a proper up to date version

I would love to see more Godfather/Mafia reboots too

And some of the proper shoot em ups from the c64 days could all be redone

A certain purchase for me would be a current gen Dungeon Master as the miggy game was just bloody awesome. And the cloney Captive which I think was Tony Crowthers sort of homage to DM should be re released

In fact as well, just get the back catalogue of miggy and stuff out and release it all again for next gen as long as it was made by the bitmap brothers

And the flight sim Interceptor, which convinced a bunch of my mates in our old London office to buy a miggy having seen the demo of it running in Dixons window

Games are great now and I do own some fucking massive pairs of rose tinted glasses about the old days, but I do miss the true halcyon times of gaming in the 80s

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:03 pm

Everton wrote:shadowrun and viva pinshitta should not have been made first time round let alone rebooted

Shame on you the SNES game is amazing and whilst it was different the Mega Drive version had great music...
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  LethalThreat74 Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:57 pm

TreeMunky wrote:
LethalThreat74 wrote: night trap (mega cd)

There was a pretty shameful Kickstarter put together for a Night Trap reboot that fell flat on its arse so I cant imagine this would ever happen.  Maybe one day?

I agree totally I loved the idea of the game I think now it if was remade with todays technology it would be awesome,
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4619

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Pyjamarama, Dizzy, Ghosts 'N' Goblins, Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver,  Rick Dangerous. Shadow Of The Beast, Frankie Goes To Hollywood. The Sentinel on Amiga. Just a few I plucked from the air. It came from the Desert or any Cinemaware title and Zombies ate my Neighbours. Revenge Of Shinobi, Budokan.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:07 pm

Everton wrote:

lol.... I always thought it stood for I Got Nofuckinclue

great topic btw stee matey

I would love to see some of the proper old games done right for next gen. the arsebleedingly bad c64 conversion of the worlds greatest ever game, Bombjack could surely be wiped from our minds with a proper up to date version

I would love to see more Godfather/Mafia reboots too

And some of the proper shoot em ups from the c64 days could all be redone

A certain purchase for me would be a current gen Dungeon Master as the miggy game was just bloody awesome. And the cloney Captive which I think was Tony Crowthers sort of homage to DM should be re released

In fact as well, just get the back catalogue of miggy and  stuff out and release it all again for next gen as long as it was made by the bitmap brothers

And the flight sim Interceptor, which convinced a bunch of my mates in our old London office to buy a miggy having seen the demo of it running in Dixons window

Games are great now and I do own some fucking massive pairs of rose tinted glasses about the old days, but I do miss the true halcyon times of gaming in the 80s
I cant stop laughing at that quote about ign equal I got nofuckinclue.
I know there has been sequals, would love to see Jungle strike or Desert Strike. Plenty of nostalgia games. Well I guess there's saying for it. They don't make them like they use to. Razz

Last edited by Stee01 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver,

This! I used to love this game, one of the best in my humble opinion

Oooof oooooohhh a new time crisis
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum