The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titanfall 2 to Be Multiplatform.

4 posters

Go down

Titanfall 2 to Be Multiplatform. Empty Titanfall 2 to Be Multiplatform.

Post  Darth Vivid Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Titanfall founder and CEO Vince Zampella has confirmed Titanfall 2 is in development and will be released on multiple platforms.

"I guess EA announced a sequel, so I could play coy and pretend I don't know anything about it, or… yeah. So we're working on a sequel. No official name yet, but we're working on that. That's the main focus but we're starting up a second team and doing some smaller stuff too. Small, exploratory, taking it slow! It'll be multiplatform."

It seems the decision the broaden the game's horizons in terms of platform was never in doubt. When asked whether or not the team wishes they could change anything about the original product, Respawn COO Dusty Welch said, "Platform for me comes to mind right away." Though Zampella then explained, "Well, we needed that, though. We couldn't do the game," Dusty clarified the exclusivity was always a business decision rather than anything else.

"If we could do it though?" he said. "It would have been prohibitive to do that - we definitely made the right choices for the right reasons - but if you're saying what would we have liked to have done? The opportunity to be multiplatform could have made it even more significant for us.

When it came to what we should expect from the next game in the series, the duo's lips were sealed, but they did promise to expand the lore. As for whether we should expect to see a single-player component, it's still not clear.

"I wouldn't have done it differently," Zampella said when reflecting upon the original's multiplayer-only approach. "We set out to do it and it was one of our goals. I mean it obviously prohibits a certain group of people playing the game, and as content creators you want to get into as many peoples's hands as possible. We put some single-player elements in there though, and tried to mix it up. Maybe we could have mixed things up a bit better because some people blew right by it and didn't even see it because there was so much action happening around it. It's tough, because if you hit people over the head with it it becomes intrusive, and there are people who don't want or care about it. Where does the needle fall? I think it takes a while to figure that out and we haven't figured it out yet."

One thing Zampella was keen to think about changing was the DLC model for the future, citing Evolve's commitment to keeping the community united via free maps for all as the ideal way forward.

"I think that's a fantastic way to do it," he said. "I think having the maps like that in packs, it does split the community and it makes it harder for matchmaking, it's messy. Yeah. I don't know we won't do it again, I can't say that for sure, but the idea would be to do something different."
Darth Vivid
Darth Vivid
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Darth Vivid
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-05-16
TGD Reputation : 6
TGD Elite Member Points : 5608

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZTLPNWyV3dwGEl7KG7xUBg

Back to top Go down

Titanfall 2 to Be Multiplatform. Empty Re: Titanfall 2 to Be Multiplatform.

Post  minkey_monkey Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Will deffo gets this. Really enjoy the current one
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14195

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedgendary Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:08 am

Will be a day one purchase for me, loving Titanfall, been playing it pretty much every day for the last two weeks and is the game I am actively trying to 100% at the moment
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5234

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:38 pm

It is a good game. I wanted Titanfall to be cross platform in the first place anyways. I want them to knock COD of being the number one for fps mp on both platforms.  So it is good to hear they are going to make the second one multiplatform.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6412

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down