The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars battlefront rumours surface

+4
Fatboy Geezer
Sedgendary
LethalThreat74
dazzamann
8 posters

Go down

Star Wars battlefront rumours surface  Empty Star Wars battlefront rumours surface

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:45 pm

This info is taken from makingstarwars.net

Take some salt with this info. I personally don't see this being ready the end of the year but who knows?
How much is true remains to be seen but here is the entire post

Here is a huge Star Wars: Battlefront list of rumors I received last week. This contains a lot of information on the game and how it will interface with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, not to mention the game itself:

The story of Star Wars: Battlefront’s campaign will span pretty much the entire Star Wars saga.
Star Wars Battlefront will feature segments in which you play as both the good guys (Old Republic, Rebellion and Republic) and bad guys (Separatists and the Empire). It was specifically stated that there will be a small portion of prequel trilogy content. You will participate in a couple of battles from the Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and the space battle above Corsucant from the beginning of Revenge of the Sith.
The majority of the campaign will take place during the original trilogy era. All of the battles and settings that you would expect to be there will be playable. It was said that the campaign itself is pretty long when compared to other first person shooters.
There will be some segments of the campaign which take place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. There won’t be a lot because in their words “Lucasfilm has a lot of plans for that era.”
The last section of the campaign takes place before and during the opening segments of The Force Awakens. Don’t expect anything too revealing, because the game is expected to ship about a month before the movie releases.
For both the Republic (that’s what the good guys are being called in the production here) and Empire sections you will be playing characters that actually appear in The Force Awakens.
EA/DICE was allowed into Pinewood Studios for a few days to scan and capture props, sets, etc for recreation in the game.
At one point either during either the portion between episodes 6 and 7 or the portion from the beginning of The Force Awakens a character with the last name Tarkin appears.
The scale of the multiplayer is going to be absolutely massive with up 64 players participating on each side.
Space to land battles are absolutely happening, but will only be available in certain game modes.
There will be a “hero” system in place, where as you play you accumulate points that you can eventually cash in to play as a “hero” character. These characters are extremely powerful and have abilities that are not available to the normal characters that you play for most of the matches. The system is constantly in flux, but as it is now, pretty much everyone have a chance to play as a hero at least once per match.
The Downloadable Content plan for the game is “extremely aggressive”. Expect up to five DLC packs for the game, with the first coming out before the end of 2015. Each pack will be themed, with the first two or three being exclusively based around content from The Force Awakens.
The game will ship with several The Force Awakens characters already, but some won’t be added until DLC. Specifically all of the characters in the trailers will be available at launch, as will new versions of the X-wing an TIE fighter.
Tons of new ships and vehicles.
The contents of each DLC will contain at least three new maps, new hero characters, and new vehicles/ships.
I saw a character model for the new Stormtroopers, the model for the new X-wings, and some random models of guns, grenades, and other things like that. However, the most interesting thing was a picture of a screen from one of the employee databases.
It was as a checklist that the department heads can go through to see whats been complete, whats been bug tested, etc. It was basically just a black screen with lines and lines of text posts, with comments and suggestions under each post. What was most interesting about this is what was listed. This particular screen I saw was for a listing of maps for the multiplayer mode. There was a lot of stuff that you’d expect to see in a game like this like:
Hoth: EP5
Endor: EP6
Alderaan
Corscucant
Yavin: EP4
Like I said, nothing major. EXCEPT for this listing that I saw
Tatooine: EP1
Tatooine; EP4
Tatooine: EP7
Now, I know that’s not concrete evidence that the desert planet from The Force Awakens is Tatooine, but I thought it was interesting because I know there was been some debate about that subject.
That is a lot to take in and if the information is accurate, it sounds like a really great experience for Star Wars fans and the links to the new movie sounds pretty good considering how paltry it could be.
Clarification Update: The source contacted me to let me know they simply meant the prequel era Republic when they said “Old Republic.” They did not mean the story from 3000 years before A New Hope. They also said online matches are 64 players, 32 on each side.

Back to top Go down

Star Wars battlefront rumours surface  Empty Re: Star Wars battlefront rumours surface

Post  dazzamann Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:51 pm

Nice find mate, repped
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7164

Back to top Go down

Star Wars battlefront rumours surface  Empty Re: Star Wars battlefront rumours surface

Post  LethalThreat74 Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Watching this one with interest I really liked the previous battlefront game. Thanks for the update dude.
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4624

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedgendary Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:05 pm

Nice find mate, I'm looking forward to this game.

Markav wrote:Now, I know that’s not concrete evidence that the desert planet from The Force Awakens is Tatooine, but I thought it was interesting because I know there was been some debate about that subject.

Personally i just assumed that Tatooine was in The Force Awakens after the teaser trailer as Star Wars has always kept each planet distinct so that you can tell where you are at a glance without them needing to say the name.
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5239

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:57 pm

Wow, nice find bud, colour me excited!
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7462

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:32 pm

Lets hope this is the Star Wars game we've all been waiting for.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13292

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:03 pm

Good read. Might dig out the old Battlefront out the cupboard.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13374

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Jlooking forward to this!
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14200

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:51 pm

i really hope that this does come this year and like others say is the game we have been waiting for
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10058

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum